For Every Action, There Is A Reaction
(I wasn't sure if I was supposed to put my intro stuff from my OOC thread here, I'm not trying to join, 'cause I'm a bear, but I think this territory really suits Ciel, so I decided to try and stay here, so I thought that might need my intro stuff, but then I thought maybe not, so sorry if I second guessed myself wrongly -_- . If you don't want me here, just chase me away, I won't hesitate to flee XD)

Ciel found himself absolutely frozen stiff, trembling, and unable to take a step forward. It'd been almost a month since he'd decided to take a long journey south to see if he could find a place not ruled with an iron fist by the violent wolves who terrorized him at every turn. He'd traveled over abandoned wastelands and seen many strange sights, but when he'd finally found a place without a wolf's scent, he'd found that there was good reason for it. So, he'd continued on, hungry and sleepy, but eternally optimistic that what he was looking for was just over that hill, or just across the fast moving stream.

Unfortunately, he'd been incredibly wrong. He'd run right into wolf territory once again, and had been so shocked and afraid that he'd run straight through that territory without stopping so fast, he doubted the wolves had but an hour or two to realize he was there before he'd passed through the other side. He continued on his journey, and in the process, had spotted a few lone wolves roaming about, and was surprised at what he'd found. They weren't the vicious, bloodthirsty hounds of hell he'd learned to expect and fear.

Surely, they weren't docile as lambs, but they were indeed more calm, and when he gave them wide berth, they seemed the least bit interested in antagonizing him. Had he not been in such a hurry to flee from the first territory, he'd have been able to scent what he knew now, which was that these wolves simply smelled strangely and in addition to acting strangely, he'd spotted them on more than one instance changing into strange shapes. He wasn't sure exactly what it all meant, but it was inevitable that his lifelong dream of being able to settle down in one territory without being chased away by the wolves had begun to light a tiny match of hope beneath them.

As he continued to head south, he'd begun building up the courage to approach a clearly marked territory and attempt to make friends with the resident pack. He'd tried this in the past when he was young and optimistic, and had only been met with fangs and pain, but perhaps this new type of strange wolf would react differently to him. He could simply try and forge a home in a non-claimed territory, but the wolves there were unorganized and unpredictable, and would answer to no one if they decided to bully him.

So here he'd found himself, frozen like an ice cube at the edge of yet another wolf territory. "Relax, Ciel. Keep it together, no reason to be afraid." he whimpered to himself. He'd snuck into a thousand wolf territories before and hadn't had any apprehension whatsoever, but this was different. This was him trying to reach out a paw, out in the open, for a co-existance instead of breaching enemy lines and hiding in someone else's home.

Slowly, he willed his muscles to work and began pacing along the invisible line that separated one part of this wondrously beautiful valley of flowers from the other part, the part that smelled of wolves. His breaths came out in heavy, distressed pants as his inward battle raged violently against the overpowering instinct to run away and save himself the embarrassment. Suddenly, the decision was made before he was able to stop himself, and he lumbered callously across the line and into the valley of flowers, nosing around in them hopefully for berries or any other edible vegetable, or rabbit holes.

Messages In This Thread