For Every Action, There Is A Reaction
(I wasn't sure if I was supposed to put my intro stuff from my OOC thread here, I'm not trying to join, 'cause I'm a bear, but I think this territory really suits Ciel, so I decided to try and stay here, so I thought that might need my intro stuff, but then I thought maybe not, so sorry if I second guessed myself wrongly -_- . If you don't want me here, just chase me away, I won't hesitate to flee XD)

Ciel found himself absolutely frozen stiff, trembling, and unable to take a step forward. It'd been almost a month since he'd decided to take a long journey south to see if he could find a place not ruled with an iron fist by the violent wolves who terrorized him at every turn. He'd traveled over abandoned wastelands and seen many strange sights, but when he'd finally found a place without a wolf's scent, he'd found that there was good reason for it. So, he'd continued on, hungry and sleepy, but eternally optimistic that what he was looking for was just over that hill, or just across the fast moving stream.

Unfortunately, he'd been incredibly wrong. He'd run right into wolf territory once again, and had been so shocked and afraid that he'd run straight through that territory without stopping so fast, he doubted the wolves had but an hour or two to realize he was there before he'd passed through the other side. He continued on his journey, and in the process, had spotted a few lone wolves roaming about, and was surprised at what he'd found. They weren't the vicious, bloodthirsty hounds of hell he'd learned to expect and fear.

Surely, they weren't docile as lambs, but they were indeed more calm, and when he gave them wide berth, they seemed the least bit interested in antagonizing him. Had he not been in such a hurry to flee from the first territory, he'd have been able to scent what he knew now, which was that these wolves simply smelled strangely and in addition to acting strangely, he'd spotted them on more than one instance changing into strange shapes. He wasn't sure exactly what it all meant, but it was inevitable that his lifelong dream of being able to settle down in one territory without being chased away by the wolves had begun to light a tiny match of hope beneath them.

As he continued to head south, he'd begun building up the courage to approach a clearly marked territory and attempt to make friends with the resident pack. He'd tried this in the past when he was young and optimistic, and had only been met with fangs and pain, but perhaps this new type of strange wolf would react differently to him. He could simply try and forge a home in a non-claimed territory, but the wolves there were unorganized and unpredictable, and would answer to no one if they decided to bully him.

So here he'd found himself, frozen like an ice cube at the edge of yet another wolf territory. "Relax, Ciel. Keep it together, no reason to be afraid." he whimpered to himself. He'd snuck into a thousand wolf territories before and hadn't had any apprehension whatsoever, but this was different. This was him trying to reach out a paw, out in the open, for a co-existance instead of breaching enemy lines and hiding in someone else's home.

Slowly, he willed his muscles to work and began pacing along the invisible line that separated one part of this wondrously beautiful valley of flowers from the other part, the part that smelled of wolves. His breaths came out in heavy, distressed pants as his inward battle raged violently against the overpowering instinct to run away and save himself the embarrassment. Suddenly, the decision was made before he was able to stop himself, and he lumbered callously across the line and into the valley of flowers, nosing around in them hopefully for berries or any other edible vegetable, or rabbit holes.
[html]

Hey there! Welcome to 'Souls, and unofficially to CD xD It shouldn't be a problem having him stay in the territory, as long as he plays nice ;D .

Another small walk, to keep her body strong and nimble. The rounded abdomen sticking out at her side and making her sleek figure look a bit off balanced. Nothing really told her where to roam, having given up on her border patrols since finding she was pregnant. The others willingly picked up the lack that the Lt General couldn’t handle. But the day was so pleasant and even after her small run in with the moose the female could not be locked away behind closed doors. The unborn inside bounced about, paws pushing and bodies rolling and tumbling even after the fright of the moose. They were strong, and she couldn’t see another small walk hurting them.

Blue eyes looked through the wooded area, finding a full feeling on contentment fill her as she stood among the large living towers. Her steps were light, nose and ears searching for the sounds that would tell her of the normal trespassers that lingered along the borders. She did not expect the beast that roamed the circular meadow that lay just beyond the nearby break in the trees. The silver and tan wolfess knew of the spot, and roamed it often for the different flowers that littered the bright green grass.

She stalked through the under growth, agile and placing her paws carefully. A trip or fall was her greatest fear and even blinded her to the creature that blended with the yellows of flowers and whites of clover blossoms. Eyeing a purple iris, her tail began to wag and the fey trotted up to it. The background moved, it was so large it looked as if a bolder moved on its own. The second in command looked up, instinct rolling through her like a summer storm thundering behind black clouds. She woofed, her tone never able seem ferocious at the least, startled and thus unsure how to react. The Dreamer looked around, the fur on her back raised, and knowing that running would only initiate a chase she stayed in place. Waiting and wondering what the bear thought it was doing.

<style type="text/css">
.anuliltree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe1cc; letter-spacing:1px; }
.anuliltreeooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#dbe1cc; text-align:right;}
.anuliltree p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.anuliltree {margin:0 auto; width:339px; background-color:#bac4a1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 42copy.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #5d722e; padding: 0px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5d722e; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

300+
(Thank you! ^_^)

Ciel froze in surprise when he spotted a rather deep looking hole, less than an hour after starting his search. Looking for rabbits really had two separate functions: As a carnivore, he was not above eating rabbit if he was lucky enough to somehow catch it by surprise (something that was nigh impossible when you're so large and heavy. He might as well as be standing still when the rabbits caught sight of him and zoomed away from him to safety), but rabbits also tended to lead him to the tastiest vegetables in the area, and as an omnivore, he was not above observing rabbits from afar and allowing them to lead him to wild, tasty greens.

As he closed in on the hole, however, he realized that though rabbits had lived in there, it was now home to a new tenant, one that hissed angrily at him before he could get the silly idea to stick his big nose inside. While he was occupied with staring face to face with a weary black rat snake, the little silver form approaching from behind went unnoticed. Feeling as if she'd made her point, the snake sunk back into its hole, and it was then that Ciel realized he'd been holding his breath. He let it out with a sigh and took in a breath. Fear shot through him like a match dropped on a scarecrow. A wolf was nearby! Where?! Behind!

Quickly he spun around, adrenaline pumping into his muscles, the odds of a bear against one wolf enough to keep him from fleeing outright. He relaxed slightly as he saw the wolf was as surprised to see him as he was her, and gave a little woof as if startled. Raising his head, he gave the area a quick glance around and confirmed that they were indeed alone, then noticed with surprise that the wolf was rather round. He could smell the babies inside of her, and his attitude changed immediately. If she attacked, he would flee- he would not fight her or damage the tiny lives nestled snugly inside. However, just the fact that she hadn't immediately become aggressive or called for her fellow hounds of hell was a hope-raising improvement over his usual experiences.

Perhaps... but no, he mustn't grow too expectant, or it would hurt all the worse when his dreams came crashing down all around him. "H-H-Hello, wolf." he squeaked apprehensively, clearing his throat to steady his voice. " I mean no harm to you or yours, I do not wish to fight. I am known as Ciel, the Homeless." he told her gently, making the gap between them a few steps smaller. "Your territory is beautiful, it makes me feel as if I may not be homeless after all." He took in a wistful breath, breathing in the silky, enveloping scents of the wildflowers.
[html]

<3 Ciel already!

It seemed like Anu had gotten herself in another sticky situation. She couldn’t remember the last time she had seen a bear, and couldn’t remember the last time she had been confronted with such a large beast. The moose, and now this? It seemed odd that her current state gravitated her towards these meetings. But, as her blue eyes watched the rolly-polly bear Anu was not met with the safe fear that had come to her when the moose had charged her.

His dark eyes looked back at her, and the wolfess took a step backwards. Then, he spoke. Anu understood well that their language was similar to those of many creatures. In her past there had been large cats that wished to speak with her, one that she had befriended. It was not a surprise that the bear was intelligent enough to converse with her, but it was a bit shocking that he wished to do so.

Anu was silent for some time, Ciel came a bit closer and the wolf did not retreat. She knew a lie when she heard it, and nothing in his tone spoke of ill will and she believed him. It was a gentle voice, something she had not expected from the bear. This is Crimson Dreams. Anu explained when she gathered herself and her voice. The fur along her spine lowered, her body becoming less tense and not minding the step he had taken towards her. There is a wolf pack that lives here, a large one. She explained. It was not meant to threaten him, but simply explain what he had stumbled upon.

I am Anu. The introduction was spoken with a step towards him, an offering of her will to be civil if that was his true intention as well. She moved a bit like he did, her belly swaying slightly with even the smallest steps.

<style type="text/css">
.tellthetruth b {font-weight:bold; color:#babdcc; letter-spacing:1px; }
.tellthetruthooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1e2b45; text-align:left;}
.tellthetruth p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.tellthetruth {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#4d73b4; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 93copy.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1e2b45; padding: 0px 0px 150px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1e2b45; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

300+
(Yus... yus... *mwahaha* fall in love with the bear... my plan to take over the world with fluffiness is progressing smoothly. >) )

Ciel fidgeted nervously in the tall flowers as the wolf simply stared at him. It was of course not his first attempt to converse with a wolf, but each try was yet to be met with an intelligent response. He was sure that the wolves themselves were smart, but he simply wasn't sure if they could speak the same language taught to him by his mother and her mother before her.

Even if this was the case, he realized that securing a promise or a pact from her and her pack to be peaceable with him would be near impossible, but perhaps might still be earned if they were patient enough to observe his willingness to be civil and gracious enough to return the favor. She had, after all, not backed away when he'd moved towards her, and of all the things he could read from her stance, neither aggression nor fear was among them. Just as he'd started to wonder if he should perhaps quit the nonsense of trying to make friends outside of his species and continue on into the territory to search for fish or deer before he was chase off, she spoke to him.

Her accent was strange, but pleasant- a smooth, liquid, shimmery thing not unlike a bright pink salmon gliding gracefully through the water. In comparison to his rough, callous, and plodding elephantine handle of the language, she was far superior. As a solitary creature, he hadn't spoken to anyone since he'd last seen his brother, and so he'd gotten slightly unused to communicating with anything but his body. The wolf, however, as a social creature, had an easy handle of the language that almost embarrassed him with its elegance and sophistication. Wolves, then, could not only speak the same language as he, but could speak it much better.

So there was a large wolf pack residing here then... he felt a shudder move down his spine as he pictured 8 or more wolves surrounding him, fangs bared, lunging from behind while he tried to ward off the wolves in the front. He shook his head lightly side to side, physically warding off his fear. The wolfess hadn't been trying to frighten him, and it would be wise not to allow himself to stink of fear more than he already did. He knew well the enticing effect the smell of fear had on all predators. She had given him her name and taken another step toward him. His jaw slackened in disbelief and he stilled- he certainly had not yet been invited to stay, but for a wolf with lives to protect to step almost in swinging range of two twenty pound paws was an astounding show of trust! Had he not been afraid of frightening her away, he would have down a forward tumble of joy.

He could barely contain his excitement! " Anu, if I aimed to stay in your land, would I be welcome? P-perhaps if I agreed to pay tribute?" he questioned carefully, barely able to mask the optimism and hope building deep inside of his round belly.
[html]

lol!

Anu was certain that she permeated her own fear-laden scent. She was scared that he would kill her, fearful that he would even startle her enough that those that resided within her would be injured, or worse. But she saw it in him as well. A bear was not easy to read like her own kind, but he did not own the stone face of a cat. Felines were filled with emotion, rolling tides of anger and hate and yet it played behind a mask. They were manipulative, with the hope of fooling others into trusting them. But the bear was vivid, his rounded blond lines moved with his actual intention. Even if he hoped not to, she could read it on him. His lack of verbal communication was made up with the flick of a small curved ear, the raise of a blow, the turn of his head. He was easy, and Anu allowed her own true feelings to be etched into her body.

Her tail lowered, the flag that had been raised the moment she had seen him coming to a neutral position in line with her spine. Ears relaxed, her lips became fluid and curved into the natural small smile that she always wore. It was odd, the entire situation, that he seemed to melt so easily at her tone and the words she spoke. Anu didn’t understand his past with wolves, having no history herself with bears she owned no harsh feelings towards them. He spoke, his voice deep as if it came from the depths of his stomach and yet it was heightened by something unknown.

She was unsure, to say the least. He wanted to stay here? Well, She began, knowing the risk of having a bear in their lands but still not seeing how this bear fit into those risky situations. What if I say yes, will I regret it? She questioned him, almost as if she would a pup.

<style type="text/css">
.Anu09 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9d4d66; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Anu09ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Veranda, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#6c6873; text-align:center;}
.Anu09 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Anu09 {margin:0 auto; width:339px; background-color:#e2c7be; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... e2c7be.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6c6873; padding: 0px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#6c6873; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry, work and school and studying oh my @_@. Oh, and Rie made me this table, isn't it spiffy? Big Grin First time using a table. Back when in the day when I used to rp, they didn't have these. Sorry for crappy quality, I'm sleepy D-:

Ciel was surprised to scent the fear on the wolf as well. He supposed that he was rather strong and the odds were in his favor against an expectant mother, but still, fear and wolf simply didn't go together in his mind. He was fascinated by how strange and surprising an encounter he was able to have with an old foe that'd terrorized him for all of his life. Bears and wolves and large cats were destined to battle tooth and nail to the end over the delicious lower animals, and yet here they were speaking kindly if not a little wearily of each other.

Even as the female appeared to calm by lowering her fur and tail, he sought to make himself less intimidating, and so he too made a show of faith and good will by stretching his front legs out and plopping down onto his belly so that he appeared less large and intimidating. It was a show of trust, as his soft, furry neck was now low enough for her to lunge at if she so wished it. He decided inwardly that he rather liked Anu despite what she was, and he hoped that her packmates were as interesting and calm as she was.

While he had no desire just yet to have himself surrounded by an entire pack, friendly or not, he was intrigued by this strange wolf which did not immediately see him as an enemy. "Regret holds a different meaning to everyone." he began carefully, feeling as if simply saying no to her question would be incredibly presumptuous of him- after all, every wolf he'd met so far had very much resented his presence from the very beginning, but as far as he could tell, there wasn't much that he'd done to upset those wolves except to simply exist. "But I can promise to try my best not to cause any trouble, and I would respect a few rules laid out for me from your pack if it would put you all at ease." he rushed out eagerly, excitement building in him as the tone with which she'd asked the question seemed to imply that she might say yes!

<style>
.ciel .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.ciel p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ciel b {color:#2F3E4C; letter-spacing:.8px;}
.ciel {background-color:#B5C2CE; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/ciel.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:271px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #D2E2F3; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F1F2F; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.ciel-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.ciel .separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #2A3D50; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

no worries! ^^

There was something about this bear, something that made Anu think of their entire species differently. She knew a truthful beast when she saw one, and as the bear moved towards the ground she did not tense, anticipating it to lunge out at her. He fell to his stomach, showing how far he would go to gain her trust. In the past Anu had given away such liberties, and had been disappointed. But not by creatures like this, she could see how things might go wrong, but as he answered Anu found that he understood exactly how she might feel. He was wise not to simply plead and give her the no that Anu might have liked to hear. But he understood what was a risk, did he not? Could he not see and smell the life she carried? His words made her believe that he was keen enough to know this.

If he was a wolf and seeking acceptance his promise was good enough for the Lt. General, and though he was indeed a few tons larger then any beast she had met at her borders Anu saw no reason not to allow him peaceful range over their lands. The silver and tan wolfess gave a nod, There is a house, west of here. She began, blue eyes looking over his light blond face. There was seriousness in her tone, and her features grew slight harder then the rounded lines that normally drew her profile. It is where my pack lives, and where my puppies will be born. Haevn Manor was the one place of true and utter sanctuary for the Dreaming pack, It shouldn't be disturbed. If Ciel wanted to live here he would need to know that there was yet another boundary around their house.

<style type="text/css">
.anuorangetree b {font-weight:bold; color:#D3772A; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.anuorangetree-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.anuorangetree p {text-indent:10px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.anuorangetree {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#F3F5EA; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... getree.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #977B31; padding: 10px 0px 365px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#7E7049; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
by Erin ♥

[/html]

300+
[html]

Thank you for having this thread reopened, even if it might not go much further, I thought it important this thread should end naturally, not because I randomly disappeared o_o

"Of course, I have no interest in human dwellings... I promise never to set foot in your sacred place." he told her seriously. With this said, the blonde stayed silent for a moment, still as a statue, as Anu's words washed over and sank into him. Though they were simply instructions to stay away from a dwelling of the pack's, it was also much more than that. It was a nonverbal acceptance of his request. After years of sneaking, hiding, and running- too soft to force the wolves in his past to accept his presence whether they liked it or not- he was finally being welcomed for the first time. His brave leap of faith had paid off! Lumbering to his feet eagerly, he bounced up and down on his forepaws like a cub, unable to contain the joy inside of him any longer.

With a joyful cry, he set off across the meadow, galloping at a fantastic speed for a creature of his bulk, his maw opening with excitement as he curved and began running in a somewhat large circle once before heading back towards the little silver female and stopping a few yard before her to do a forward somersault, his massive bulk flying through the air and crashing down noisily. The last time he'd done such a maneuver, he was a rather small and adorable little bundle of fur. It hadn't hurt exactly, but he was only momentarily distracted by his own newly acquired heaviness. Kicking his big paws joyously in he air a few times, he then looked over at the no doubt frightened wolf, and laughed exuberantly- a deep and rusty sound. Something he did very rarely, but did so from the bottom of his heart. "Ciel the homeless is no more. Now I am to be known as Ciel of Crimson dreams!

<style>
.ciel .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.ciel p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ciel b {color:#2F3E4C; letter-spacing:.8px;}
.ciel {background-color:#B5C2CE; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/ciel.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:271px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #D2E2F3; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F1F2F; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.ciel-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.ciel .separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #2A3D50; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

totally understand!

The Dreaming wolfess was becoming more sure of this bear the longer they stood together in the open field. She had seen aggressive predators, wolves and larger, bears included. She had known liars and could tell when one was being honest or not. She felt this creature to be true to his word. It would break her heart to think that they would have to run him off if he got too close to their home, but he said that he would keep from it, staying away from anything humans built. Anu could live with that, happy to share the space they owned with the rolly beast.

Ciel rose to this paws and Anu remained planted on the ground, her body calm as to show that she trusted his advance if he chose to do so. But instead he seemed to be jumping, his large body bounding up and down again and again, blue eyes watched with surprise as the bear gave a victorious cry and then ran off. A moment passed and Anu turned from surprised to amused at the humorous sight that the circling and frolicking bear made. At the tumble Anu looked to see if he was alright, taking a step forward and watching the legs wave in the air.

He made a noise that Anu would assume was joyous, and as the second and third chuckle came forth she recognized it as laughter, his voice breaking through to speak. Anu smile, still taken aback but managed to respond with a Welcome Ciel.

<style type="text/css">

.anujuly11 b {font-weight:bold; color:#d8e0cd; letter-spacing:1px; }
.anujuly11-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b1b3b2; text-align:center;}
.anujuly11 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.anujuly11 {margin:0 auto; width:411px; background-color:#6f8090; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... stic01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d8e0cd; padding: 170px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b1b3b2; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.anujuly11-border1 {width:413px; border:1px solid #2c3236; margin:0 auto;}
.anujuly11-line1 {width:381px; border-bottom:1px dotted #899470; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>
[/html]