For Every Action, There Is A Reaction
(Thank you! ^_^)

Ciel froze in surprise when he spotted a rather deep looking hole, less than an hour after starting his search. Looking for rabbits really had two separate functions: As a carnivore, he was not above eating rabbit if he was lucky enough to somehow catch it by surprise (something that was nigh impossible when you're so large and heavy. He might as well as be standing still when the rabbits caught sight of him and zoomed away from him to safety), but rabbits also tended to lead him to the tastiest vegetables in the area, and as an omnivore, he was not above observing rabbits from afar and allowing them to lead him to wild, tasty greens.

As he closed in on the hole, however, he realized that though rabbits had lived in there, it was now home to a new tenant, one that hissed angrily at him before he could get the silly idea to stick his big nose inside. While he was occupied with staring face to face with a weary black rat snake, the little silver form approaching from behind went unnoticed. Feeling as if she'd made her point, the snake sunk back into its hole, and it was then that Ciel realized he'd been holding his breath. He let it out with a sigh and took in a breath. Fear shot through him like a match dropped on a scarecrow. A wolf was nearby! Where?! Behind!

Quickly he spun around, adrenaline pumping into his muscles, the odds of a bear against one wolf enough to keep him from fleeing outright. He relaxed slightly as he saw the wolf was as surprised to see him as he was her, and gave a little woof as if startled. Raising his head, he gave the area a quick glance around and confirmed that they were indeed alone, then noticed with surprise that the wolf was rather round. He could smell the babies inside of her, and his attitude changed immediately. If she attacked, he would flee- he would not fight her or damage the tiny lives nestled snugly inside. However, just the fact that she hadn't immediately become aggressive or called for her fellow hounds of hell was a hope-raising improvement over his usual experiences.

Perhaps... but no, he mustn't grow too expectant, or it would hurt all the worse when his dreams came crashing down all around him. "H-H-Hello, wolf." he squeaked apprehensively, clearing his throat to steady his voice. " I mean no harm to you or yours, I do not wish to fight. I am known as Ciel, the Homeless." he told her gently, making the gap between them a few steps smaller. "Your territory is beautiful, it makes me feel as if I may not be homeless after all." He took in a wistful breath, breathing in the silky, enveloping scents of the wildflowers.

Messages In This Thread