For Every Action, There Is A Reaction
(Yus... yus... *mwahaha* fall in love with the bear... my plan to take over the world with fluffiness is progressing smoothly. >) )

Ciel fidgeted nervously in the tall flowers as the wolf simply stared at him. It was of course not his first attempt to converse with a wolf, but each try was yet to be met with an intelligent response. He was sure that the wolves themselves were smart, but he simply wasn't sure if they could speak the same language taught to him by his mother and her mother before her.

Even if this was the case, he realized that securing a promise or a pact from her and her pack to be peaceable with him would be near impossible, but perhaps might still be earned if they were patient enough to observe his willingness to be civil and gracious enough to return the favor. She had, after all, not backed away when he'd moved towards her, and of all the things he could read from her stance, neither aggression nor fear was among them. Just as he'd started to wonder if he should perhaps quit the nonsense of trying to make friends outside of his species and continue on into the territory to search for fish or deer before he was chase off, she spoke to him.

Her accent was strange, but pleasant- a smooth, liquid, shimmery thing not unlike a bright pink salmon gliding gracefully through the water. In comparison to his rough, callous, and plodding elephantine handle of the language, she was far superior. As a solitary creature, he hadn't spoken to anyone since he'd last seen his brother, and so he'd gotten slightly unused to communicating with anything but his body. The wolf, however, as a social creature, had an easy handle of the language that almost embarrassed him with its elegance and sophistication. Wolves, then, could not only speak the same language as he, but could speak it much better.

So there was a large wolf pack residing here then... he felt a shudder move down his spine as he pictured 8 or more wolves surrounding him, fangs bared, lunging from behind while he tried to ward off the wolves in the front. He shook his head lightly side to side, physically warding off his fear. The wolfess hadn't been trying to frighten him, and it would be wise not to allow himself to stink of fear more than he already did. He knew well the enticing effect the smell of fear had on all predators. She had given him her name and taken another step toward him. His jaw slackened in disbelief and he stilled- he certainly had not yet been invited to stay, but for a wolf with lives to protect to step almost in swinging range of two twenty pound paws was an astounding show of trust! Had he not been afraid of frightening her away, he would have down a forward tumble of joy.

He could barely contain his excitement! " Anu, if I aimed to stay in your land, would I be welcome? P-perhaps if I agreed to pay tribute?" he questioned carefully, barely able to mask the optimism and hope building deep inside of his round belly.

Messages In This Thread