a horse is a horse of course of course
[html]

whoa man. :0 it's a little quickly written, my internet was out for most of the day and I can only stay on here a little longer before getting kicked off. :|

WC:: 518

Well, here she was.
It had been a few days after she had accepted into Aniwaya and now nervous excitement dwindled into just nervousness. Now, Laika had responsibilities and expectations to live up to that she hadn’t had back in her old pack. She knew a total of two wolves here, and even then only in passing and only because they helped welcome her to her new home. She said hello to a few other tribesmen and exchanged pleasantries, but she was still a little too shaky to try any more than small talk. It was nearly too much to get used to, but now and again she would witness things that reminded her of home, and made her feel welcome. She definitely had the style of the town down, that was one thing.
Today she decided to explore a bit outside of the village, to clear her head and get a good view of the surrounding area. Taking just her dagger strapped to a belt around her waist(a… ‘gift’ from her father, let’s just say that) and her pendant (a wolf’s eye, a sort of vivid green, sort of like her brothers’. Laika carved and painted it herself about five months ago), she set off to the edge of town.
Standing where the houses thinned and the village, for the most part, ended, she looked left, then right. Which way should she go? Then, a musky smell much like deer caught in the wind swept by her. She knew that smell, if only faintly: Horse! She wasn’t exactly raving about horses, but hey, it could be interesting to see how they live. She wondered if they just wandered around, or if they got their own little houses? She set off in the direction of the smell.

Huh,” she murmured to herself, finally being close enough to tell what the structure was (oh, her bad eyesight could be a bother sometimes! Not like she’d ever admit it, though). “They do get houses.
Laika closed in on the stables, the two horses there lifting their heads and snorted. There was a bigger, horse-like thing a few yards away, in a separately fenced area, but from where Laika stood the thing looked menacing. She didn't bother approaching it, and instead decided to get a closer look at the horses. The closer she got, the more they inched to the other side. One went as far as to even stomp a few times.
I must not smell like the pack yet,” she said aloud, sniffing her hand. “or I’m just a stranger to them.” It made sense, she wouldn’t necessarily trust a stranger that smelled weird.
It’s okay, horses, I’m nothing to be afraid of,” she said, reaching her palm, facing upwards, to the creatures. They seemed a little more at ease, but none of them approached. She wasn’t sure if she was allowed in the stables or not, so she decided to play it safe and watch from afar. She leaned on the fence and watched the horses graze.

picture cred: Mikael Kennedy

[/html]

Messages In This Thread