the deeper you go, the higher you fly
[html]

300+

Even if he had never had wine before, he clearly knew how to handle the drink. Rikka watched pleased as he swirled the yellow tinted liquid around in his glass and sampled its fine taste some more. "That is quite unfortunate. The hard stuff simply cannot compare. You needs must hang around more women." Rikka didn't much buy into sexist stereotypes much, but some of them did have some credence to them. Men, she had found, did tend towards the harsher alcohols while women, such as herself, preferred the fruity and soft flavors of wines. "There are also red wines, though I prefer whites. Reds tend to be drier and not so sweet. I'd probably still take a red over a swig of whiskey though," she said, sticking her tongue out momentarily. Her tastes had matured with her years, just like a good wine.

"Why thank you Strelein. Infamous? I suppose I am, at that. Though I'm a bit of the family black sheep. A little too soft and kind for their tastes." True, she hadn't been outlawed from Inferni as some of her relatives had. They were the true outcasts of the de le Poer and Lykoi line. Still, even if her mother and Gabriel still valued her, she knew that many in the clan did not. They viewed her as worthless for not adhering to their dogmas and beliefs. Still, even if her family was right (and she didn't think they were), she was happier being wrong. "Is your family name French in origin as well? It seems to have similar notes to mine." She had no idea where Lykoi came from, but de le Poer was unquestionably French.

"Clothes? Are you a tailor? I'd give you business, however I'm afraid the only thing I wear is this skirt," she said, her hand motioning to the dyed fabric. She doubted she would ever wear anything on her top, aside from perhaps a shawl of some sort to keep herself warm in the winter. The chill coming off the ocean was probably something to be reckoned with in the cold months. A wolfish grin came to her face at his question. "Oh, plenty to keep us both happy through the evening. Well you don't need to worry about me kicking you out. I'm happy for the company." Rikka poured the remaining wine in the open bottle into his glass and then reached into the shack to grab a fresh one. As she worked to open it she answered, "I was up in the clan, but unfortunately flowers such as myself don't grow well in their soil. My brother thought I'd be happier here, and he was right." The new bottle opened she poured herself some more. "How long have you been here?"

<style type="text/css">
.rikkaneonbird b {font-weight:bold; color:#03BC54; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rikkaneonbird-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; color:#FB0AA3; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.rikkaneonbird p {text-indent:10px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.rikkaneonbird {margin:0 auto; width:369px; background-color:#E3F997; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... onbird.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4FC7E9; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#4A277B; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread