New Beginnings
[html]

Word Count: 510 , Points: 5 ;; I <3 Yuki. Que cute!

While being very far from relaxed, Rosario eased up a bit when it appeared that Yuki posed no immediate threat to her. It required a forced conscious effort for her to lift her head and unfold her ears, an action which immediately set the little silver bell to its soft singing. A cool, gentle breeze that was blowing off the ocean kept the tiny instrument in constant motion. The sound was by no means loud or obtrusive, simply being a pleasant source of background noise. It created a kind of beautiful ambiance when accompanied by the faithful splash of waves on the shore. Along with the pleasantly salty scent carried in from the sea and the brightly shining sun, the scene was beautiful.

Rosario was still watching the wolf closely enough to notice her slight albeit sudden change in expression. Unaccustomed to being a subject of admiration or even direct attention, the coyote didn’t quite know what to make of the scrutiny she received. As a matter of fact, she couldn’t even identify what kind of look Yuki was giving her – it could’ve been sheer awe or horrid disgust for all Rosario knew. She squirmed a bit under the intensity of the piercing golden and azure gaze, shifting her meager weight from foot to foot. All that action served to do was remind her of the gash and of the steady trail of blood that was working its way down her leg. The coyote chanced a glance down and saw the crimson liquid had made several trails through her fur, matting it up along the way. Sand had stuck to some areas of it and the small pieces of wood shards protruding from her flesh began to become a cause for concern. Surely something like that left too long could cause infection!

Resolving to quickly address the situation, Rosario offered her first real smile in a quite a long while. It was a brief attempt that actually ended in somewhat of a failure, but it was an attempt nevertheless. “Perdone por favor mi rudeza, senorita Yuki {Please forgive my rudeness, miss Yuki},” came her always soft voice, the words rolling off her tongue with the natural expertise of a native. “Usted tiene mis gracias y gratitud mas sinceras. Estoy en su deuda. {You have my sincerest thanks and gratitude. I am in your debt.}” A sudden thought occurred to the coyote, and she quickly added, “Es usted un discurso mas comodo en ingles? Puedo hacer cualquiera. {Are you more comfortable speaking in English? I can do either.}”

Rosario was definitely eager to establish some sort of feelings of trust or at least moderate comfort with the other canine. Her vigilant suspicion did not allow her to focus her attention on tending to the wound until the other matter was addressed. Also, she got the distinct feeling that her discomfort was or would offend the one who had selflessly rescued her. Despite the pressing need to clean and comfort her leg, Rosario waited for Yuki’s response before she took any action.

Big thank you to Sie for the beautiful table!

<style>
.rosario-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.rosario-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rosario-a01 b {color:#F9E0CE; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.rosario-a01 {background-color:#5F5049; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... _table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:360px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F9E0CE; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.rosario-a01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.rosario-a01 .separator{width:320px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F9E0CE; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread