Sitting, Seeing, Lost in Thought
[html]
((Okie! I love Daisuke, he's so sweet ~))

~Thanks to Daisuke for the absolutely beautiful table~

"I don't think that they don't expect you to be as smart, I think they think there's just that language barrier. Many of the feline species in the area don't speak high speech," the golden wolf said, his grin never fading from his now goofy looking face. "I mean, look at Schwarz, he doesn't speak it. Or maybe I'm just speaking for myself when I say this. Who knows?"

Element eyed the canine for a few seconds, then slowly nodded. He thought it was true that this dog spoke for himself, but at least he believed what he thought - he seemed the genuine, sincere type. He spoke of the difference between High and Low Speech like they were simply different languages, instead of an entire world apart. Perhaps he was right, Element reflected, and there was nothing different about it - but it still irked him slightly that cats around these parts didn't speak the High Speech as he did. Although this wolf thought it was simply a different language, Element still saw through the carefully weaved society difference in the languages. The hole was even seen through the names - "High" would always mean better in some way, while "Low" would continue to mean below. Lowly.

Shrugging himself away from these thoughts, he turned back to the black and white feline, who glanced at him through mis-matching eyes. "Pleased to meet you," he said pleasantly. Element appraised him - he seemed slightly confused when Daisuke and him spoke the High Speech - it was like he didn't understand it. Judging from the way Daisuke spoke, he probably didn't. He looked on as he spoke once more;

"Wait, you can understand what this fool up here saids?"

Element stifled a small snort at this. Ah, as it was with companions - always thinking the other something different. "This fool up here." He smiled at Schwarz and spoke in the Low Speech: "Yes, I do understand him. If you wish, I'll translate what I say into the Low Speech, as to allow you to understand, too." After all, why should his fellow feline be left in the dark?

Element whirled around as Daisuke began to speak as if Shwarz just hadn't. " I'm a wanderer too, so I'm surprised that between Schwarz and I, neither of us picked up your scent until just now. Oh! We live to the south of here, by the Styx river, on the other side of Inferni Territory, if you ever need somewhere safe to chill for the night or whatever. So how's you learn high speech?"

Element found this an interesting question. He had lived all his life learning the two - the High Speech from his mother and fellow carnivores around him, and the low speech from the other creatures he lived about, some of which were large birds and, from time to time, other large animals such as deer and elk. He rolled the question in his mind several times other before answering in the High Speech to Daisuke:

"Thank you for the offer," he began, "I've never quite met a wolf like you. I learned the High Speech from my mother, who had lived with the Bobcats and other Big Cats a farther south from here. Albeit, I caught on the Low Speech faster than the High, but I can speak both fluently. It's a good skill to have." He then repeated the same response in Low Speech for Shwarz.

All in all, he thought Shwarz and Daisuke were a formidable pair in both senses of the word. Daisuke, he gathered, was sincere and quite polite, albeit slightly childish, which Element found a nice quality. Shwarz seemed more reserved than Daisuke, less outspoken, as most felines were. Whereas Daisuke seemed to just speak whatever was flowing through his mind at the moment, Shwarz was more conservative in the oral regard; a most unlikely couple. It made Element wonder what brought the large, yellow, galumphing wolf together with the quiet and intelligent cat.

<style type="text/css">
.element b {font-weight:normal; color:#006900; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:tahoma; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.element p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.element {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: tahoma; font-size:10px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread