Sitting, Seeing, Lost in Thought
[html]
((Jaja!))

~Thanks to Daisuke for the absolutely beautiful table~

"It is a good skill to have. I've only been taught low speech, and I was never able to catch onto what this kid has to say because he talks just a little bit too fast for me sometimes," the tuxedo-clad feline spoke, which Element found interesting. If he could teach Schwarz the High Speech, would it enable him to speak with Daisuke? It seemed that they didn't have a clue to what each other was saying - ignoring each other, even, because they couldn't fathom what the other meant. Daisuke's next words simply highlighted that point; " I actually didn't know there was such a thing as Low speech until I came around these lands. You see, I'm from an island far from here and it was a land untouched by humans. The island was full of wolves and only sometimes you saw a lynx here and there. When you did see them, they never spoke, I dunno if they spoke high or low. One of these days though, I would love to learn to speak low, so I can talk to Schwarz and all the other valley animals that I would be able to understand when I do learn it."

This interested Element even more. It wasn't a problem for him to speak the Low Speech, as he hunted small animals such as mice and squirrels, which often didn't speak a language at all, or spoke a very limited language that wasn't identifiable. Larger herbivores, however, such as deer and elk, did speak the Low Speech - and Element knew from experience that it wasn't pleasant to have your prey begging you to not kill them. However, judging from his various ornaments on his body and the tattoo on his back, he seemed to come from somewhere civilized - perhaps he ate already dead things like bamhurgers, or whatever their names were. Hambruggers? The point was that perhaps, with some work, he could teach Daisuke the Low Speech or Schwarz the High.

He nodded at Daisuke and spoke. "If you like," he said, "I could teach you the Low Speech. It's very easy to learn, and is based off of the same ancient language as the High Speech, so it wouldn't be difficult at all." He glanced at Schwarz and, speaking in the Low Speech, "I just offered Daisuke to learn the Low Speech, but if you'd like to speak the High Speech, I could teach you. It's harder to learn than the Low, but it's based off the same thing." This wouldn't be too hard of an endeavor; Element himself had learned the High and Low speech easily enough as a kitten, and had even learned it with ease. Letting his thoughts wander, he thought to the language they were both based off of. Perhaps he would learn that language, too, and become completely fluent in all languages of the world.

Then, Schwarz said something that switched his thoughts from languages entirely. "Have you met any other felines around here? Or am I the first?"

Although he tried desperately from thinking of the small, light tabby that was resident in his past, his heart, and his dreams, he couldn't. Thoughts of Flower erupted into his mind - her scent, her voice, and her tabby fur that he would never truly forget. Element stared out into the distance, forgetting for a moment that he was in company, and let his guard slip. For a brief second, pure agony, pure anguish at losing Flower showed in hollow eyes, eyes that seemed to be unable to harbor a soul at all. He stared out into the deep depths of the forest that drew him away from his body for a moment, and he closed his eyes, allowing the mental image of Flower enter his mind. He breathed out, preserving the memory of her, and sighed. Then he snapped out of his reverie and, remembering himself, opened and put on a show of fake pleasantness in his eyes and allowed his ears to unflatten. "Not in this area," he said, choosing his words carefully. After all, he had gone here with his fellow feline love, but he had met her farther south from there.

<style type="text/css">
.element b {font-weight:normal; color:#006900; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:tahoma; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.element p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.element {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: tahoma; font-size:10px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread