Sitting, Seeing, Lost in Thought
[html]
((I'm liking this RPing Forum~ It's fun!

Also, for simplicity's sake, I'm going to put what Element says in Low Speech in ~'s, and anything outside of those is in the High Speech.))

"I'm not much of a conversationalist though. I doubt that I'd ever really use the High Speech. Besides, Shiny lips here looks excited about your offer. I thank you, none the less, but Daisuke here, he's a quick learner, and eager, as you can see." Element nodded in understanding. Not every creature would be as interested as he in learning languages and linguistics, and it was certainly understandable about this feline's lack of vocalization. Element himself preferred not to speak, except when in the presence of another, like Daisuke. And Schwarz was certainly right when he said that Daisuke was more interested in learning the Low Speech than Schwarz the High. In fact, Daisuke's eyes brightened and seemed to sparkle at the prospect of learning the Low Speech and having the ability to communicate with Schwarz, and his tail wagged excitedly like all dogs' did. Element found that an interesting aspect; when a cat lashed its tail, it was angry or agitated. With dogs, it was the opposite.

"I would love to learn low speech! It would be an honor to learn it. I swears that I'll try as hard as I can," the canine spoke, his words almost slurring together in his excitement. Element gave one of his smiles, a rare thing since Flower had died. He'd almost never smiled anymore - but something about this dog's almost childish excitement made him happy, made him feel like a kitten again, playing with his fellows in the forest with his mother watching over him. The emotion washed away the misery that he had felt only moments before, and he nodded happily to the dog when he asked if he was alright.

Then Schwarz spoke again; "I'm sure there are others around. I'm pretty sure I smelt some felines around some of the wolf packlands to the south of here." Element nodded. "~Yes, I think that other canines like Daisuke here had the same idea of a feline companion~," he said, speaking in the Low Speech. "~Perhaps they help them hunt.~" He was aware of the differences between canine hunting and feline hunting; while felines were silent and graceful, creeping up on their prey before landing the fatal blow, canines enjoyed running through the woods after their food, enjoying the thrill of the chase. Element then turned towards Daisuke.

"Well," he said, "we might as well start with your Low Speech lessons now." He sat comfortably in front of the wolf and pondered the best way to start the lesson. Perhaps the standard greetings, for now. "Let's start with greetings - it's straight translation from there. ~'Hello'~ is 'hello'," he said, saying the word first in Low Speech and then in the High. "~Good Morning~ is the standard greeting for the morning, and ~Good Night~ is for the night. Each has the same beginning, ~good~, which means 'good' or 'nice' - any general positive verb, really. You can add ~good~ to most things to indicate positive feelings or emotions - ~Good Catch~ is 'good catch', or congratulating someone catching prey." Unlike the Low Speech, the High Speech had different words for the same thing, which made it harder to understand. The Low Speech, however, Element reflected, could be twisted to make someone understand the meaning without too many specifics.

~Thanks to Daisuke for the absolutely beautiful table~

<style type="text/css">
.element b {font-weight:normal; color:#006900; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.element p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.element {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:0px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread