Sitting, Seeing, Lost in Thought
[html]
>.< So sorry for the wait! And yeah, I just took it from Daisuke's playlist. XD Sure, that's a great idea. This post contains slight bunnying, just tell me if you want me to change it. >.<

Daisuke turned out to be a rather adept and quick learner. He absorbed the information like a sponge would absorb soapy water, and seemed to memorize the easier terms - like 'good morning' and 'hello' - with relative ease. The Low Speech was different in that it didn't have an exact sense of grammar - it was more like ideas put together to express an idea. 'Good morning' was the same as 'morning good' - both expressed a sense of contentment or positivity with the morning. Neither was wrong, and neither was correct. However, Element felt that Daisuke, who already learned the High Speech and was used to the grammar structures in it, would understand the concept of 'Hello, my name is Element' better than 'Element is name my, hello' and taught the Low Speech as though it had the same grammar principles as High Speech. That was how Element found learning easier, and teaching it was easier in this regard as well.

Element could tell that Daisuke greatly enjoyed his lesson as well. When he turned to Schwarz and uttered the standard greeting in Low Speech, and Schwarz responded in like, the excitement emanating from the hound was so great Element thought he would start singing on the spot. He could tell that the dog loved his companion dearly and that communicating with him would be a great step in their relationship. From Schwarz's relative silence, however, he could tell that the other feline was an introvert - rather like himself. He could also tell that Daisuke would do much of the conversing between the two, and while Schwarz may listen and make some remarks, he could tell that before, the language barrier hadn't been much of concern to Schwarz.

Element smiled and thanked Daisuke after he exclaimed what a great teacher he thought Element was, and the lesson drew on. It went on into the night, and although he couldn't speak for Schwarz, Daisuke didn't seem to lose any of the enthusiasm he had since they began, and neither did Element. By the end of the long lesson, Daisuke seemed like he could speak quite a lot of the Low Speech - it wasn't a long or hard language, but he was still surprised and contented by the golden dog's excitement and eagerness to learn.

"You, Daisuke," he said, "Are quite a good student."

<style type="text/css">
.elementdark b {font-weight:normal; color:#49e349; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementdarkooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.elementdark p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.elementdark {margin:0 auto; width:409px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntdark.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 340px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread