You and [m]e could write a bad ro[m]ance
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: well, i don't care what you think. i loved it. SO THERE <3
my bad. huge post.
wc: 760

The bed creaked beneath her meager weight as Alaine shifted, snuggling lazily into the strange mixture of sheets and material scraps that she had made a hap-hazard nest out of. It had taken a while, but now the room smelt of her, the familiar and pleasant darkness broken only by the light of one gaping window. The Chien Hotel was by no means in spectacular condition, but the young healer had long since grown used to the soft scent of rotting wood and the gentle moans of planks shifting against planks as the old skeletal building settled deeper into the earth.

From her window, the collie-woman could see a patch of sky. It was a soft coral color, and she instinctively knew the time to be nearing dusk. The twilight air was heavy and sweet, and her thick lashes fluttered alluringly, offering glimpses of the relaxation and unbroken sleep she so deserved. Yes, it was true; Alaine was a workaholic, right down to the bone. Since making her home in the Cour des Miracles pack, thanks no less to her dashing golden knight, her condition (having improved in his care) had been on a gradual, almost unnoticeable, decline. Beneath the lady's beautiful emerald eyes swelled inky pockets. It was a part of her trade, being on call at all times, and in a pack as large as this the healer's expertise was needed often. She didn't mind - If anything, the timid female was most at peace when she was at work, when her awkward shyness could be conquered by the calm demeanor of someone skilled in their trade.

Unfortunately, all work and no play also Alaine a very boring girl. Her social life was null, her merry demeanor was low, and her love life was nonexistent. Were it not for a particular pink-haired female names Orin, it could be guessed that there was only a little while left until she completely turned into a robot, going through the motions of life. To make matters harder, little Caillen had decided that he was becoming a man, and was frequently away on adventures of all sorts. Although she loved the old hotel, its emptiness sometimes stirred a deep hollow within her breast; A deep loneliness, a deep craving for companionship.

Just as that same desperate feeling began to tug her awake, a firm knock on her door jolted the slender lady up from the bed, her ivory fingers already reaching for the worn leather satchel she kept always at the ready. Out of habit, she prepared herself for some harried and stressed person, demanding her attentiveness to the wounded. However, when the tense healer opened the door, her stressed mind froze for a comical moment. She blinked once, twice, as if not believing her eyes.

" ... Daisuke?" He stood before her, a vision of joy and spiritedness and everything she was not. The leather bag fell from her hand with a thump, completely forgotten. " Dai? DAI! OH MY, IT REALLY IS YOU!" Instantly, a huge smile seemed to lift the weight from her slender shoulders, a sweet lilting coloring her musical accent. Had she been any other, the colliewoman would undoubtably have thrown her arms about the golden male and hugged him tight, but as always the meek doe refrained from the urges. It was not that she didn't want to, for if any were to break through her outer shell of politeness, it was certainly Daisuke; more so that years of strict non-contact had ingrained itself into a permanent habit.

Her eyes grazed her handsome friend from head to toe, lighting up at the crazy rainbow shock of his head, before settling on the merry yellow and bold ruby flowers he held. " Oh... Come in! Please!" Remembering her manners, the young woman swept the door back and gestured him in, cringing at the mess of the place. Random bottles of herbs and strange broths littered broken shelves, and random scrap of material were scattered over and around the creaky spring-bound mattress on the floor. Unable to take her eyes off of him, Alaine felt her pulse race excitedly, all thoughts of sleep completely forgotten. Why, if it wasn't her knight in shining armor - Or, rather, shining piercings! " Sit down, erm, wherever. The place is so messy - you'll have to excuse me. If I'd known you were in the packlands, I'd have cleaned..."

Her ivory hands wrung nervously together, one lifting only to tuck a rebellious auburn curl back into place.

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread