You and [m]e could write a bad ro[m]ance
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: omygah, jacoby, you make me swoon like a school-girl XD <33 likewise, of course c:
wc: 453

With her long legs folded beneath her, the young woman hung onto Daisuke's every word, her round emerald eyes drinking up his story with a mixture of avid concern and thrilling awe. Imagine that, her golden knight, taking on some horribly big Dahlian wolf! She daren't picture it. He must have fought so very bravely... The mention of the coyote stirred something, some brief and distant memory from their previous conversations. Daisuke had been a sympathizer, she remembered, before the war. He had known the violence that was coming, and had preached to her that coyotes were not the monsters she had always believed them to be. Alaine was not foolish; She knew that his allegiance with this unnamed coyote must have been of a personal nature, else he would have elaborated more. Nor did she seek to drill him about it. Rather, the young healer was content to bask in the glory of his telling, her expression suitably shocked.

" That was so brave of you... Weren't you afraid?" She clutched the bottle closer, feeling ashamed for asking. Of course he hadn't been afraid. He was so very... So very strong, and assured of himself, unlike her. Why, all her fears and troubles seemed so pathetic in comparison!

Alaine was stirred from her pondering by the feel of his palm, warm against her cheek. Instinctively the maiden leaned into his hand, smiling shyly. For some reason, his touch did not pull her into that spiral of old fear, that tunnel of self-loathing where old scars were easily torn a-new. Her past was gradually fading, and the memories of her vicious kidnapping and rape were swaying with it. Besides, this was Daisuke - He would never do anything to hurt her, right?

His words made her laugh, a light, bell-like tinkling. " A king? Oh, Dai, you jest. There isn't a king out there for me, I'm afraid..." For a moment, soft sadness stole over her pixie features. No, there was no king out there waiting for ruined little Alaine, that was for sure. However, his concern about their wellbeing quickly pulled the healer from her solemn mood, and she took another gulp of the burning liquid and brightened at once. " Dai, you wouldn't believe it, but little Caillen... Well, I shouldn't call him little anymore. He's grown so fast!" As always, any reflection on her own dwindling health was forgotten. Alaine was never one to dwell in self-pity. " I've no idea what ideas you've planted in the boy, but he's all for adventuring now. I just hope... I just hope he remembers to come back home and see me, every once and a while. This place gets awful lonely sometimes."

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread