Light Behind the Sun
[html]

300+ words.

Vigilante chuckled, leaning down to touch his black nose to the small pup's own. He enjoyed being near the three young boys and he found their adventurous exploration of him endearing (or at least, two of them were exploring his presence, as Alder remained by Anu's side). Someday he would like children of his own. Amaranth and Ever were great, and he was thankful for them each day, but it was not quite the same as having his own. That had been one of his primary interests when he had first come here—finding a mate and raising a family, things he saw as the sort of things that normal canines did—but his priorities had shifted. Or rather, perhaps they had just expanded and grown to include his pack and to realize that a family could wait a bit longer for the King yet.

He wondered what it would be like to always have his family so close. For now, he had Ayita, Amaranth, and Ever in the house with him. Kable had left long ago with his father, and Zafier did not live with them. No one had said as much, but Vigilante highly suspected that this was related to the arrogant male's distaste for him. Eventually both Amaranth and Ever would move out of their own accord, and even if they did have a litter of puppies around the house by that time, those puppies would eventually grow and move out, as well. It was strange to realize this. With the Dreamers' manor, though, they would all live comfortably and close together. He was almost envious.

Politely, he averted his gaze when she shifted hers, sensing the overwhelming emotions. That was fine with him, and she was allowed, but he did not want to rudely stare. Instead, he let his eyes travel over the lake once more. "I do care. My pack means the world to me. I am fond of your son, as well," he said with a gentle smile. The Knight was a valued member of his pack and Vigilante had enjoyed their few talks. "Was it difficult for you when he left Crimson Dreams?"

<style type="text/css">
.vigilgift01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a39895; letter-spacing:1px; }
.vigilgift01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#414449; text-align:center;}
.vigilgift01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.vigilgift01 {margin:0 auto; width:338px; background-color:#686f81; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ift001.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #a39895; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#414449; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.vigilgift01-border1 {width:340px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.vigilgift01-line1 {width:314px; border-bottom:1px solid #767d91; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread