immolate ;;
[html]

i'm sososososo sorry i was gone for so long. :I
i'm going to try to stay active this time, promise!

this is just Laika trying not to be awkward in front of the gods and doing a sacrifice. feel free to come in and socialize with her i guess.

wc:: ~+400

The flame flickered with the night breeze, creating dancing shadows on the walls of her small abode. If one squinted enough or looked out of the corner of one's eye, one could almost claim to see figures in the shadows, ambling to some unheard beat.
The she-wolf sat cross-crossed a good distance away from the sparks, rearranging and adding stick to her fire until it was strong and bright. A freshly killed rabbit laid on the rocks by her side, its neck awkwardly bent hinting at its death. Honestly, Laika had never preformed a sacrifice by herself, but watched a few here and there back in her family pack and it seemed easy enough. Create a good fire, say a prayer to whatever god or spirit, and toss the offering into the flames. Easy, right?
She could feel the flame's heat and it was beginning to get uncomfortable, so she rose and stepped back a few feet, rabbit in hand.
She rose her head to the sky, then back down to the fire. She didn't have much time; the sun was beginning to set.
"Uh, uh," what was she supposed to say to the gods? She never really prayed much after her brother died, but after joining AniWaya she was trying to get back to her roots although by now she remembered few of the hymns her family taught her. She would have to improvise.

"O great sun and great earth,
hear me as I honor you
sustainer of all lives,
both prey or predator,
thank you for giving us:
land,
food,
shelter,
a beating heart,
and a working brain;
warmth,
comfort,
light,
and direction.
I give to you my humble sacrifice
"

She tossed the rabbit into the flames, which eagerly overtook it and consumed it. The fire crackled hungrily as the once grey fur of the prey signed black. That didn't seem half-bad, she thought as she bowed deeply before the flames. The smell of burning meat was everywhere, making Laika's mouth water slightly.
The sun was slowly shrinking behind the mountain range and the earth seemed the same as ever; that's the thing with prayer, you never get and answer back saying if you did everything right. I mean, Laika wasn't looking for a thank you or anything, but oh well. That's life.
Grabbing a bit of dried jerky from within her house, she returned outside and watched the flames flicker in the dying light.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread