Amateur
[html]

Nodding quietly to her answer he popped the top off the thermos he had found and took another long drink of cool water. The invention had kept the cool water cold as the heat in the room had increased, and so it was a valued possession of his now. With a long sigh he sat down mouth open, panting quietly trying very hard to keep it low key at least.

“No you are not intruding” a smile spread across his lips as the girl studied his place. Saluce sat there patiently knowing the answer would come and was eager to answer as it left her lips. “This is my profession. Other then my other abilities with sword, and combat, I can make weapons, trinkets, or tools from fire and steel. It is so hot because I use fire to soften steel so I can form it into shapes. Steel is the most abundant metal left behind by humans and I’ve learned much from their books on the subject” With a genuine smile he waited for the words to sink in as he leaned back in the creaking chair that grunted under his weight.

With a soft grunt he moved back upright to reach across a table near him to grab something. Having grabbed it he pulled it back to him and held it with both hands on his lap. It was a sword, a long finely engraved double edged surface gave way to a wolf’s head quillion (cross guard), with a richly wrapped leather finishing with a pointed pummel. For a sword of its nature it was meant to be held with two hands but he was accustomed to wielding it with one as its brother still laid on the table. “This is one of the two swords I made for myself back home. I can fashion most anything with enough heat and time. Although right now I have to build all the tools I’ll need to create items like this.” He then offered it to her for closer inspection, both paws slowly pushing outward the sword lying on top of them. “Care to take a look?”

<style type="text/css">
.saluceforest b {font-weight:normal; color:#c1c87a; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.saluceforest-ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 30px 5px 30px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#424928;text-align:center;}
.saluceforest p {text-indent:25px; padding: 1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.saluceforest{margin:0 auto; width:380px; background-color:#5b6340; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... saluce.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double#424928; padding: 300px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#424928; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.saluceforest-divider {width:300px; border-bottom:1px dotted #9f9440; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread