Amateur
[html]
344. THE END.

A shadow fell over her and she did not raise her eyes to meet those of Saluce’s. She had looked into them when he held her throat but not after that. Whether it was a primitive canine submission or a psychological refusal to acknowledge him was unclear, but her eyes stayed downcast on the ground, giving no indication she heard his words through any expression, it was only her words that let him know she had heard. There was no anger in her voice, it was only softer than ever and more whispery, as if speaking too loud was painful, although truly she had suffered no physically harm. “I know you won’t hurt me.” Nayru wished to be clear about that, and in saying so she assured Saluce that he had not hurt her accidentally.

Nayru glanced at the hand on her shoulder, still expressionlessly, and gently removed it before sliding herself along the wall of the building, away and out of Saluce’s shadow. Slowly she rose, her crimson eyes focused at some point in the distance, away from Conor’s home and certainly away from Saluce’s forge. “Excuse me Saluce, I need to be leaving.” With light steps she moved away, tracing her path mentally out of Wolfville, towards the less populated end of Dahlia de Mai. Perhaps the tide would be weak enough that she could swim out to the island. Nayru had never done that before. There none of them would follow her, and she didn’t want to be around them so the idea seemed ideal. She couldn’t trust them, or so said the fresh wound, gushing emotions she didn’t understand fully, had no experience dealing with. Although… he had come out. He hadn’t let her leave without attempting to bandage the gaping hole. He cared at least that much and so she allowed the wound to start to scab. It wasn’t something she would pick at. It would heal, fall off and be forgotten by the time she let Saluce’s path cross her own again. They wouldn’t even mention it probably.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread