Hunny, Hunny, Who's got the- what? Honey?
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: n'aww, poor Ciel! xP Cai has a weird accent. tae = to, nae = not :3
wc: 529

At the sounds of his voice the creature backpedaled, and gave Caillen a glimpse of the cause of the painful cries he'd heard earlier. The shaggy brown monster's nose was puffy and swollen, and just looking at it made Caillen rub his own ebony sniffer gingerly. However, the moment of sympathy was quickly forgotten as the creature suddenly grew. Well, not really grew, but one second it was one all fours and he was a fair bit taller than it, and the next, BAM! A big 6 foot tall wall of wet, confused and angry muscle. Caillen blinked widely, and felt his own body shrink a step or two back. Definitely not prey.

To add shock to amazement, the creature bared it's HUGE teeth at him, and spoke - Was that the high speech, coming from the maw of something other than a canine? The wolfdog's eyes widened significantly, their sky-blue depths swamping the small ebony pin-prick of a pupil in each. He must be hallucinating. Maybe he'd drank some poorly water. Maybe he was, in fact, dreaming, and the hare over his shoulder and the glade and the bear were all one big muddle of subconscious thought.

Caillen pinched his arm. It hurt. He remained quiet.

The brown beast looked at his meal for a moment, before returning those peculiar eyes onto the Merle-pelted youth himself. Afraid of insulting this unknown friend or foe, the wolfdog crouched slightly, every muscle tense incase he needed to make a quick dash for the safety of the trees. Once there, he could shift into luperci form, and dash off before the beast could think to make a snack of him...

More speech caught the young male off guard, and curiosity bubbled thickly now. As it was prone to do, the irresistible urge to find out more about this forest oddity quickly overcame the urge to run, but nonetheless Caillen's gaze remained wary on the big brown beast. "Indeed it is, friend," He spoke slowly and with large pauses, emphasizing the last word and offering a slight tail-wag, "I have nae seen one such as the likes of you before, and I have wandered far these last few moons." The creature was clearly intelligent, of that Caillen was sure. But he had never known another species to speak the Nova-Scotia high-speak before, and that was a momentous mental obstacle to comprehend. Still not quite sure about his safety, and not wanting to offend what he assumed was some sort of forest guardian, the wolfdog slowly pulled the hare from his back, and tossed it to the ground between them.

"I did nae mean to startle you. Take this, if you will - I do nae mean any harm tae you. I'm just a traveler, see." Having given the hare as some sort of peace offering, the foolhardy man-child took another step back, careful to keep his movements slow. He had no idea if this creature was malevolent or kind, or if it was even of the emotional sort at all. All Caillen knew was that he really didn't want to anger that much muscle, if it could be avoided.

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread