Hunny, Hunny, Who's got the- what? Honey?
[html]

Sorry for the wait. Apparently we need to have word counts in our posts? Sorry I didn't notice this till now. I'll do it from now on! Sad WC: 773

The bear's large brown eyes watched observed wearily as the strange two-legged wolf creature crouched down so that he appeared smaller. Whether or not the intent was to reassure him or trick him into dropping his guard, Ciel knew that any animal with the intent to challenge him or make a foolish attempt at assigning him the role of prey would have stayed straight up, using his height to intimidate instead of hunkering down. Had he not been attacked by tiny stinging insects and driven into a horrible mood by the intense pain the pissed off bees had bestowed upon him, he would have felt silly for going into full defensive so quickly without his 'opponent' having made any aggressive motions towards him.

However, his kind had become notorious for generations at becoming irrational and wildly aggressive when their wide pain threshold was breached. Surely if he had not been such a level-headed animal, he would have charged the wolf instead of simply rearing up in a threatening manner. As the canine spoke to him in slow, soft tones, he felt his guard slip slightly further. Since that fateful afternoon when he'd run into the little pregnant wolf Anu, Ciel had since made a distinction in his mind between the ravenous, snarling beasts he'd been used to fearing, and the silvery female who spoke intelligible high-speak and welcomed him generously to staying in her pack's land. Friends spoke to you, looked you in the eye, and gave you space until the trust was mutual. Upon these thoughts, Ciel allowed himself to fall forward onto his front paws with a heavy thud, though he made no move to draw closer.

When the stranger made mention of the fact he'd never seen anything like Ciel before, the bear had to snort at this, which cause his nostrils to flare, and his whole nose to renew it's painful throbbing. He winced, but otherwise managed to avoid reacting in a violent manner. This oddity- an abnormality he'd never seen in his two years of wandering, nor heard about from his Mother's almost endless stream of stories and warnings, had never seen something as simple as a half-starved bear? He supposed it made sense, considering the fact that this place smelled of wolves for miles and miles in nay direction, no bear in their right mind would stick around here for very long. Indeed, the scent instinctively unsettled him as well, but he was far too curious about the many odd things this land housed to be frightened away so easily.

He shuffled backwards a few steps in surprise as the bi-ped pulled the dead hare from his shoulder and tossed it over. Quickly recovering from his suspicion, he moved forward carefully, his maw hanging open slightly. Food! Without having to battle more insects, or spend hours swiping pathetically at the fish in the lake, he would be able to put something into his rumbling tummy! When he reached it, he started to sniff at it eagerly, but quickly stopped himself before the aching could remind him a swollen nose would not smell correctly. Deciding to speak at last, he looked back up at his gifter, who seemed not to want to anger Ciel. The thought of how this being would react if he'd seen the hundreds of nights this young bear had spent fleeing for his life and scrambling up trees lightened his mood enough to speak, instead of standing like a large furry sculpture of pain.

Ciel spoke once again in the rough, sloppy way one who spends a few years in solitude with no one to talk to speaks "I-I'm sorry I scared you, I'm in a lot of... pain. I'm Ciel, a bear... descended from the third of the three great brothers,... the one gifted with strength and deep slumber, not speed and vision like the second son (cats), or.... strategy and brotherhood like the first (wolves). I'm usually less easy to scare, but... not too long ago, I found some food in a tree, but its little buzzing guards bit me all over my face- I don't think... I'll ever eat honey again."

He moaned pitifully, crossing his eyes momentarily to look at the red bowling ball at the end of his snout. "Are you a dog?" he guessed a last, uncrossing his eyes to look up at Caillen. Ciel had been taught about dogs, cousins to wolves, which were similar to them, but in just as many ways different. Momma couldn't give them a better description than that, but it seemed as if today he'd finally bumped into something fitting that description.

<style>
.ciel .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.ciel p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ciel b {color:#2F3E4C; letter-spacing:.8px;}
.ciel {background-color:#B5C2CE; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/ciel.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:271px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #D2E2F3; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F1F2F; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.ciel-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.ciel .separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #2A3D50; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread