Take your faith.
[html]
Someday I'll get the hang of keeping on top of these... sooommeddayyyy T_T
WC: 400+

Pippa sat in silence a moment, but not an uncomfortable one in her opinion. She closed her eyes, and breathed in the forest air deeply. She felt content, for the moment, to sit in the presence of her new companion. She turned to meet the Silver Woman’s eyes, smiling at her kind reciprocation of Pippa’s feelings. She let Anu’s last sentence hang in the air for a while, feeling around for something to reply with. All she could really call to mind sounded awkward, and she didn’t want to ruin their conversation. It occurred to Pippa that perhaps talking about what bothered her wouldn’t be such a bother after all, Anu seemed wise and kind. Maybe she could offer advice, or maybe it would just make Pippa feel better to let out some of what she had in her head. It had been so long since she’s had anyone she could talk freely to, to simply express feeling to even.

“That’s something I feel I know only too well,” Pippa looked down briefly, unsure if she wanted to continue, but the words poured out regardless, “My friend, she’s with child. I found it a shock, really. She’s changed so much since last we were together, she used to be… I don’t know… I’m not even sure I knew her back then. I’m thinking now, perhaps, that I may have loved the idea of her I kept in my head, as opposed to really loving her. I’ve been selfish, ever since I found her again. ”

Pippa had been wrong; she shouldn’t have been so hurt by Lolita’s news. She knew elation probably wouldn’t have been the appropriate response either, but how she had reacted was inexcusable. She hadn’t decided to really forgive her yet, but she knew she would. She grimaced lightly; it was like childhood all over again. No matter what her sister did, no matter how ludicrous or hurtful it was, Pippa was always the first to forgive and forget. It wasn’t her way to hold many grudges in the first place, even against her brother for instance, but with Lolita it had always been even more so. At least that hasn’t changed, it was an oddly comforting thought, even though so much had changed, that one thing was still the same.

“I never could stay mad at her for very long,” Pippa mused aloud.

<style type="text/css">
.pippaeye b {font-weight:bold; color:#321523; letter-spacing:.3px; }
.pippaeyeooc {text-align:left;font-style:italic;font-weight:normal; padding: 0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px;color:#321523;}
.pippaeye p {text-indent:20px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:10px;}
.pippaeye {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#B86B63; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... leeyes.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #321523; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Verdana; font-size:11px; color:#5E2136; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread