A New Freedom
She saw that the other wolf--Anu, she called herself--was more interested in her than Magic, but Pixie kept her paw on the chesnut stallion's shoulder. He was normally friendly, but it had been a long time since either of them had interacted with another wolf, and Pixie wanted it to be clear to Anu that she had full control over the horse, lest the sandy-furred wolfess decided he was too wild to be kept near the rest of the pack. Coincidently, the hand resting on Magic, Pixie's right hand, was the one with the stallion's name tattooed on it, though it was currently not visible due to her palm facing downward. She glanced up and saw her own name engraved in tiny letters, just behind the chesnut's left ear.

Her heart skipped a beat when she heard that Crimson Dreams had room for both her and her horse, so she was caught slightly off guard when the high-ranking female further questioned her.

"Er, I come from further down south," she explained. "I was born not too far from the human city, New York. When I was around six months old, my pack--my parents and my older siblings--decided that we'd move furthur inland to get away from the city. I think the humans called our new home Penny Slavia or something like that. I found Magic living in a wild herd there, and I gained his trust, but I never quite fit in with my family after that. My parents always thought of horses as prey animals and had never taken to the idea of taming them. So when I was nine months old, I left my family, and Magic and I meanderred up north until we found this place."

She took a short but deep breath and moved onto the next question like she would the next guitar chord in a song. "Well, if you like music, I'm pretty good with a guitar." To demonstrate, she played a short, fast-paced tune she had written herself. There were a few thumps and twangs, but that was mostly due to the guitar being incredibly old and not being made to be played by a werewolf.

When she finished, Pixie continued, "I've got a few other talents as well. I've never used any hunting weapons other than my own teeth and claws, but I have a few fishing nets and poles that I use, and I know how to skin and cook whatever I catch. I also know how to tattoo and dye fur, if any of the other members of your pack are interested in that. And, of course, I know how to ride Magic, and I could probably teach others how to do so. Magic's a little wary of strangers, but once he warms up to you, he's very friendly. So, anyways, I'm essentially a wolf of all trades. Or most trades, really," she added, letting out a husky chuckle at her own joke.

Messages In This Thread