A New Freedom
OOC
Character Name: Pixie Frost
Character Birthdate (including year): June 15, 2009
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci Ortus
Species: Eastern Timber Wolf
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): wildlark@sbcglobal.net (MSN)
Currently played characters: None, this is my first
How you found 'Souls: Advertised on another RP site

IC
"Here we are, Magic," sighed Pixie Frost. "Keep your paws on this side of the border, or all hell will break loose."

The luscious valley stretched out before the wolf (who, at the moment, was in her werewolf form) and the horse, two travelers whose only companionship was each other. The arrival of autumn, coupled with chilly temperatures and a partly cloudy sky, appeared to have made little impact on the grassy meadows reaching out as far as the eye could see. It was the type of place where Pixie always imagined herself relaxing and living her life in peace without her parents and older siblings harassing her.

But alas, this valley, and several miles of territory beyond it, were already taken. Pixie and her horse knew this well; they had been roaming around the borders of this particular pack and the surrounding ones for about a month. Pixie had thought carefully about what little she saw of these packs from outside their borders, and she had finally come to the decision that this was the right one for her and Magic.

As her name suggested, Pixie was a smaller-than-average wolf, often finding herself having to look up when speaking to others in her optime form. But what she lacked in height, she made up for with muscle; underneath all that blue-gray fur was a bundle of strength and sinew that was especially evident while Pixie was in her halfling form. Not usually a heavy dresser, she wore only a tattered black cloak with the hood down, exposing her red-dyed spiky fur she had styled on the top of her head. Her purple eyes had a rare serious look to them as she surveyed the landscape that she had already looked over many times.

The horse beside her was muscular as well, with a tall height to match. He was a young stallion, only recently leaving behind the days of being a colt. At the moment, he was far from the glorious stallion told in tales as old as time; on his broad back he carried various bags and satchets carrying food and supplies, as well as an old, worn-out guitar. His face, covered in the chesnut fur a shade darker than the rest of his body, wore no halter or bridle, and his companion held him by no rope, having earned his trust long ago. His dark brown mane whipped in the breeze as he nervously pawed the ground, his nostrils flaring at the smell of unfamiliar predators.

Pixie, as always, was quick to notice her friend's anxiety.

"Relax, Maj," she assured him, lightening his load (literally and figuratively) as she untied the guitar from the worn rope holding it onto his back and plucked a few strings with her claws. "How about I play something for you while we wait? That always cheers you up."

The guitar was ancient and had obviously been meant for someone with actual hands, not paws with opposable thumbs, but Pixie's love for challenges and self-teaching, as well as her stubborness, had led her to be able to play the instrument fairly well for someone who had never seen, let alone read, sheet music in her life.
[html]

hi! welcome to 'souls and to crimson dreams, i'm alli Big Grin

The lithe Dreamer walked along the invisible line that her steps and scent trail repaired and strengthened with each paw’s fall. Such things were necessary as well as instinctual for the second in command. Anu let her nose fall to the ground, the task practiced and second nature, and searched for a single scent among the hundreds that did not belong. The female had left her young pups, whom were aging and growing each day and yet she still felt them to be the fragile beings that had first come into the world, to seek the boarder and patrol.

As fate would have it this trip would not be without interest, and the blue eyed wolfess caught the airborne fragrance before the sound of sweet notes came to her ears. Anu let her paws take to a curious trot, then when the sound and scent were heavy in her ears and nose the Lt. General slowed. At the sight of the shifted wolf the Dreaming leader paused, taking in her stature as well as the presence of the horse.

Her visits with the Cour des Miracles female and her stallion companion had made her fears dwindle, and she wished for her horse loving son Alder to see the beast beside the stranger, if the horse was tolerate of others. The round whelp loved all other animals, and to see a horse was always a treat for him. But the silver and tan fey only approached slowly, listening to her music until she was noticed.

Hello. She spoke softly, for the fey was gentle and kind to those that respected their boundaries and saw no real threat from the petite wolfess. This is Crimson Dreams, Anu began to explain, and I’m Anu the second in command here. Can I help you? She couldn’t help but wonder if the female was searching for a place to stay, her scent was wayward and unknown and not of the packs in the area. Anu was certain they had room for her if that was her situation.

<style type="text/css">
.anusept03 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a4999d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #324449; }
.anusept03-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#324449; text-align:center;}
.anusept03 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.anusept03 {margin:0 auto; width:487px; background-color:#6C8589; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... sept03.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#324449; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.anusept03-border1 {width:489px; border:1px solid #3a4d52; margin:0 auto;}
.anusept03-line1 {width:457px; border-bottom:1px dotted #bdc7c8; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
300+

[/html]
Nice to meetcha Big Grin

She finished the last few notes of the song before adressing the approaching wolf; she never liked to stop a song abruptly in the middle, even though she knew this was an important confrontation. Remembering her manners, the blue-gray wolf stayed seated, knowing that since the other wolf was in her lupus form, standing up would make Pixie taller (for once, she noted with a smirk) and therefore might be taken as intimidating. She also made sure to not look into the stranger's eyes and instead glanced at Magic.

The stallion looked curious, maybe even a little cautious; his long neck was raised, making him seem even taller than he really was. His eyes and ears stared intently at the sandy-gray wolf. Pixie stifled a groan. "Maj, put your head down," she hissed, redirecting his attention to her. She sighed, amazed by how oblivious herd animals could be sometimes. Magic couldn't even be considered a herd animal anymore, given how long he had been separated from any sort of equine companionship.

Out of the corner of her eye, and with a few twitches of her nose, she surveyed the stranger wolf in a more detailed fashion. The wolf was another female, and a small one at that, the first wolf Pixie had ever seen that was shorter than her in lupus form. The scents of pups wafted around her, but none of milk; they had either already been weaned, or there were just lots of pups in the pack. The thought made Pixie feel more relaxed--if this pack could support pups, and they had meadows and valleys like this around their territory, then they should be able to get through the winter.

Second-in-command? she thought. How intriguing.

"It's nice to meet you, Anu," she said, resting a paw on Magic's shoulder to further calm him. "I'm Pixie Frost, and this is Magic. We've been traveling around the coast on our own for a while, and since winter's approaching, I figured it was time for us to see if we could join a pack. Do have room for a wolf and a horse in...whaditchacallit...Crimson Dreams?"
[html]

hi! sorry this is a bit short, i wanted to get a reply up before running away from my desk!

Anu kept a friendly distance between she and the pair, still unsure what their intention might be. The wolfess was most cautious about the horse, though she did not underestimate the stallions wolf companion. But it was the posture of the canine that Anu looked at, rather then the horse and the weary look it’s eye might hold was not matched by the Dreamer. She held her head high, focusing on the purple eyes woman and with her words she took a few slow steps closer.

Her words were fluid and even, curious perhaps at the thought of joining a new pack and what the future within it’s protection might bring her. Blue eyes looked back at the grey wolf, tail waving slightly but still held high behind her. Yes. She answered the small question. It was important that she remember that name whether or not this was where she chose to stay. We have room for you, and I am sure that you could find a proper place for him. Anu paused, looking at the horse and letting a smile grace her lips.

But where is it you come from Pixie? And what can you bring to us in exchange for the shelter and protection that we will provide? Such questions were just a formality, but Anu knew that despite the fact that in her gut she felt that this female would likely fit in without complication they were important to have answered

<style type="text/css">
.anusept02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#dde5e8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #4f524c; }
.anusept02-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7e9a9a; text-align:center;}
.anusept02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.anusept02 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#abcbd0; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... sept02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #dde5e8; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7e9a9a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}

.anusept02-border1 {width:452px; border:1px solid #2e3b3a; margin:0 auto;}
.anusept02-line1 {width:420px; border-bottom:1px dotted #d6e1e3; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>

[/html]
She saw that the other wolf--Anu, she called herself--was more interested in her than Magic, but Pixie kept her paw on the chesnut stallion's shoulder. He was normally friendly, but it had been a long time since either of them had interacted with another wolf, and Pixie wanted it to be clear to Anu that she had full control over the horse, lest the sandy-furred wolfess decided he was too wild to be kept near the rest of the pack. Coincidently, the hand resting on Magic, Pixie's right hand, was the one with the stallion's name tattooed on it, though it was currently not visible due to her palm facing downward. She glanced up and saw her own name engraved in tiny letters, just behind the chesnut's left ear.

Her heart skipped a beat when she heard that Crimson Dreams had room for both her and her horse, so she was caught slightly off guard when the high-ranking female further questioned her.

"Er, I come from further down south," she explained. "I was born not too far from the human city, New York. When I was around six months old, my pack--my parents and my older siblings--decided that we'd move furthur inland to get away from the city. I think the humans called our new home Penny Slavia or something like that. I found Magic living in a wild herd there, and I gained his trust, but I never quite fit in with my family after that. My parents always thought of horses as prey animals and had never taken to the idea of taming them. So when I was nine months old, I left my family, and Magic and I meanderred up north until we found this place."

She took a short but deep breath and moved onto the next question like she would the next guitar chord in a song. "Well, if you like music, I'm pretty good with a guitar." To demonstrate, she played a short, fast-paced tune she had written herself. There were a few thumps and twangs, but that was mostly due to the guitar being incredibly old and not being made to be played by a werewolf.

When she finished, Pixie continued, "I've got a few other talents as well. I've never used any hunting weapons other than my own teeth and claws, but I have a few fishing nets and poles that I use, and I know how to skin and cook whatever I catch. I also know how to tattoo and dye fur, if any of the other members of your pack are interested in that. And, of course, I know how to ride Magic, and I could probably teach others how to do so. Magic's a little wary of strangers, but once he warms up to you, he's very friendly. So, anyways, I'm essentially a wolf of all trades. Or most trades, really," she added, letting out a husky chuckle at her own joke.
[html]

I'll request you title, lets do one more post from you & we'll be all set here!! And questions, never hesitate to PM me ^^

There was little that Anu understood about the connection between wolf and species beyond their own kind. The female was a gardener, tending to plants and soil and felt that connection quite different from what the newcomer might have with her horse. The Dreamer did not judge or diminish such a relationship just as she hoped others might respect that bond she held with the Erath, and as Pixie explained where it was that she came from Anu grew to know how far these two had come and how connected they were. She had been living on her own, for some time it seemed. Enough time to gain many talents, some vital and others pure pleasurable. Her smile remained, glad that this young she wolf would bring many good characteristics to the pack, all of them that could help the pack or entertain.

The second in command was not a wolf of many words, her tone soft and seemingly fragile to most. She looked to Savina to lead them all, and felt simply that her place was to support each decision that the Commander made. But where other spoke at length the gray muzzled fey might give a soft grin and calm supportive gaze. This female seemed fit, body and mind, and there was no true reason to question her further. Instead her smile brightened at Pixie’s laughter and after a small moment of quiet she spoke. You will do well here then. Anu paused, the final words that she knew by heart coming forth, We’re a peaceful pack, and our relationships within it and between the other packs are important and respected. If you can abide by that, then you are welcome here.

<style type="text/css">
.whaticantbe b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b7153; letter-spacing:1px; }
.whaticantbeooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6f6f6f; text-align:right;}
.whaticantbe p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.whaticantbe {margin:0 auto; width:334px; background-color:#d1d9ea; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 39copy.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 0px 0px 130px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6f6f6f; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:11px; text-align:justify;}
.whaticantbe-border1 {width:336px; border:1px solid #4c351e; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Related, or to seek out a Mentor.

Sounds good to me. Thank you so much!

Pixie grinned. "I can't thank you enough for letting me in. And don't worry, I'll learn and follow whatever rules you have." The blue-gray wolfess could have a sometimes tough exterior, but she was only a fighter when necessary. And she knew that Magic was the same.

She stood up and pressed her nose to the horse's shoulder, a signal between them that had come to mean praise. Slowly she breathed in the scent of the chesnut fur, then looked back towards Anu and waited patiently for the second-in-command to lead her to the rest of the pack.