could you shine your light [p]
[html]

Sorry for the wait! I've been much busier than I thought I'd be! Anyway, I guess I'll date this September 21st so that it's not so long after the joining thread. :3

Dust motes danced in a spill of sunlight falling from one of many holes in the roof of the barn, like fairies celebrating the morning. It was a romantic notion, far too romantic for the drowsy canine curled up in a tight ginger ball, wishing for the glow to go away. She wanted to sleep for a little longer. The smell of the musty hay was comforting, reminding her somehow of home, though her home had been far away from human ruins and company. She dreamed often of home, before it began to fall apart, back when she and her two siblings lay in tight balls against their small, russet and black mother. She whispered their names in her sleep, but now the pleasant sun rays of morning smiled down on her eyeball, and she squinted and squirmed as she woke.

Timid did not remember instantly where she was, but she did not panic. She had been traveling alone for too long to wonder why she was in such a strange place. When she did finally remember, she was overcome with joy and nervousness. Phoenix Valley. Her new pack. The concept of belonging to a pack delighted her, though she hadn’t run into many of the members yet. How would they respond to her when they came across her? Would they treat her like a stranger, or would word have passed of her acceptance? Would they assume she was new, or chase her away? The scent of the pack hadn’t yet rubbed on her fur, though she did smell distinctly of the hay in the barn and the surrounding fields, where she’d decided to make a temporary den.

Shaking dust and straw from her reddish-cream fur, the jackal hybrid pushed herself to her paws and stepped out of the old barn. She leaned against the frame of the entrance and looked out into the fields. The grass came up high on her in her four-legged form, but still she wasn’t comfortable with changing. Better to wander blindly through the sea of grass than stumble into it on two awkwardly bent limbs. Quickly sniffing for prey, she set off through the fields, occasionally rearing onto her hind paws to see ahead before a lack of balance and gravity dragged her back to earth. Still, she had enough speed and grace in lupus form to make it through the field until she came across a tree. Here the grass was slightly shorter in the shade, and here she took a seat, closing her eyes and letting the wind caress her face.

<style type="text/css">
.timid-a01 ooc {width:420px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center;}
.timid-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f8eec5; letter-spacing:1px;}
.timid-a01 i {font-weight:italic; color:#f8eec5; letter-spacing:1px;}
.timid-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:10px; text-align:justify;}
.timid-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:460px; background-color:#afa83e; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/20fytjc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 20px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#dbd566; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread