could you shine your light [p]
[html]

Sorry for the wait! I've been much busier than I thought I'd be! Anyway, I guess I'll date this September 21st so that it's not so long after the joining thread. :3

Dust motes danced in a spill of sunlight falling from one of many holes in the roof of the barn, like fairies celebrating the morning. It was a romantic notion, far too romantic for the drowsy canine curled up in a tight ginger ball, wishing for the glow to go away. She wanted to sleep for a little longer. The smell of the musty hay was comforting, reminding her somehow of home, though her home had been far away from human ruins and company. She dreamed often of home, before it began to fall apart, back when she and her two siblings lay in tight balls against their small, russet and black mother. She whispered their names in her sleep, but now the pleasant sun rays of morning smiled down on her eyeball, and she squinted and squirmed as she woke.

Timid did not remember instantly where she was, but she did not panic. She had been traveling alone for too long to wonder why she was in such a strange place. When she did finally remember, she was overcome with joy and nervousness. Phoenix Valley. Her new pack. The concept of belonging to a pack delighted her, though she hadn’t run into many of the members yet. How would they respond to her when they came across her? Would they treat her like a stranger, or would word have passed of her acceptance? Would they assume she was new, or chase her away? The scent of the pack hadn’t yet rubbed on her fur, though she did smell distinctly of the hay in the barn and the surrounding fields, where she’d decided to make a temporary den.

Shaking dust and straw from her reddish-cream fur, the jackal hybrid pushed herself to her paws and stepped out of the old barn. She leaned against the frame of the entrance and looked out into the fields. The grass came up high on her in her four-legged form, but still she wasn’t comfortable with changing. Better to wander blindly through the sea of grass than stumble into it on two awkwardly bent limbs. Quickly sniffing for prey, she set off through the fields, occasionally rearing onto her hind paws to see ahead before a lack of balance and gravity dragged her back to earth. Still, she had enough speed and grace in lupus form to make it through the field until she came across a tree. Here the grass was slightly shorter in the shade, and here she took a seat, closing her eyes and letting the wind caress her face.

<style type="text/css">
.timid-a01 ooc {width:420px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center;}
.timid-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f8eec5; letter-spacing:1px;}
.timid-a01 i {font-weight:italic; color:#f8eec5; letter-spacing:1px;}
.timid-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:10px; text-align:justify;}
.timid-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:460px; background-color:#afa83e; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/20fytjc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 20px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#dbd566; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
wc375

<3 you're totally fine. Btw, Grace thinks she's better than sliced bread.

Grace decided to go explore the Valley a bit more. She had left Addison to do whatever it was that she was doing and veered towards the fields that resided snugly against the Ranch. She figured she would not be gone long enough for her sister to really notice her disappearance. And, even if she did, she was close enough to home that there would be no serious repercussions to taking off in the first place. Grace was pretty much free to walk along the Three Moons Ranch anyway, so she wasn't too concerned. So naturally, with blanket draped comfortingly on her back, she left to adventure and journey across the sloping landscape.

Grace was getting into the habit of bringing her blanket everywhere she went. She toted the lavender and chenille comfort on her back like an ill fitted saddle. The ends dragged carelessly to the ground as she walked and was rapidly beginning to lose their baby soft color, but her love for the deteriorating fabric was never ending. Instead, she felt empowered by it, and was willing to take risks and do things she might have not been able to do without her precious blanket. She crawled underneath fallen logs and painstakingly snapped off dandelions for a showcase collection in tribute to Addison.

She felt like her own superhero, really. And as such, she flounced like one. Scrambling on top of bounding over boulders, she exuded confidence in herself and in her distressed victims! Falling off of said rock leaping from statuesque heights, she was ready for action whenever it called. Faster than a slow moving turtle Faster than a speeding bullet, she waddled darted from spot to spot like a blue eyed ninja. Unfortunately, Grace had no one to showcase her magnificent superhero talents in front of. And if she didn't have an audience, what good was being a superhero - seriously?

So, glancing from side to side in hopes of her new audience, she lifted her head for an awesome roar of challenge and excitement. She inhaled dramatically and deeply, shutting the air in to make a magnificent howl of heroics. Vivid blue eyes glistening in the pure exultation, she let it all go in one long whimpering cry. "Arrouuwooowoooowooo."

amazing table by james <3
[/html]
[html]

Grace is adorable! And my post is short, sorry. D:

A warbling cry broke through the silence of the morning, and Timid leaped to her feet. She looked around frantically for the source of the sound before, backtracking through her mind a few seconds, she realized that it wasn’t a predator or anyone in danger. It had been a howl seeking attention, and who was she to ignore a summons coming from her new pack lands?

The small canine composed herself, though there was a tremble in her step as she headed toward the call. Her nerves were frayed enough as it was, making her jump at every shadow and every gesture. She quickened her pace, rushing through the grass and trampling it underfoot, until the smell of another wolf came to her liver-spotted nose. There, she spied the howler, chest puffed and blue eyes bright, a raggedy blanket draped across its back.

“Look at you!” the half-wolf blurted out admiringly. She didn’t know where the words came from; generally she was tongue-tied around small cubs like this one. “You scared me half to death,” she said honestly. “I thought you were something dangerous.” She blinked as she realized what effect this statement might have on a child during their egotistical stage and added, “But you aren’t, right? You’re a Phoenix Valley wolf, so you’re on my side. What’s your name?”

The small hybrid padded closer to the copper girl and gave her blanket a once-over, her smile gentle. She hadn’t had possessions like this before, so she was unfamiliar with the concept, but the rag looked so endearing.

<style type="text/css">
.timid-a02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#61633e;}
.timid-a02 i {font-weight:italic; color:#61633e;}
.timid-a02 ooc {padding:0px; font-size:10px;}
.timid-a02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.timid-a02 {margin:0px auto; width:460px; background-color:#979060; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/2up4sc3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 400px 0px 24px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:12px; color:#bdc296; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]