Witch & Doctor
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: oh boy XD
wc: 5+
SoSuWriMo: 550 words

She continued examining Kemo's eye as he spoke, with methodical precision - Checking first for anomalies in the sclera, any sorts of small cuts that had damaged the glossy surface. As she observed, the Apothecary also listened intently to her patient and his companion. Their story was definitely an interesting one.

Curious emerald eyes lifted from her observation to peer across at Ralla. A seer. She had heard of such things, of course - Back in her Great Britain clan they had had spiritual guiders, seekers of 'the path'. But to meet a real Seer, in the flesh, was something different entirely. Alaine was incessantly intrigued of things beyond the flesh, beyond her own talents as a healer. Her profession, though seemingly grounded, relied on a lot of faith in something greater than her own talents - Although her gods had long since failed her.

It was slightly off-putting, the intensity of Kemo's stare as his sightless gaze locked coincidentally on to her face. Pulled back from her moment of Revere, the healer continued to examine his upturned yes, switching delicately from one to the next. Her back was beginning to hurt, but the pregnancy meant that body-aches were becoming more and more frequent, and she didn't complain. Couldn't, what with the joy of knowing them to be pregnancy aches. Floppy ears tilted towards Ralla, listening to the woman's gentle voice as she began to test Kemo's pupils.

First, she covered one of his eyes with her hand, watching the other intently for any sort of connected light-reaction, before removing her hand to watch the male's pupil swell back out to the regular size. A slight frown shadowed the woman's face - So far, nothing appeared to be wrong. She continued, pulling back his eyelids gently, and doing all sorts of cautious prodding, all the while listening to the Seer.

"I see... That is very... Well," The Apothecary didn't know quite what to think of the other lady's self-confessed otherworldly talents. She supposed they were plausible - Alaine liked to consider herself a spiritual 'Soul, and wouldn't discount the idea of future telling until it could be definitely proven or disproven. However, Ralla's sanction within her mind became somewhat more revered, or respectful; It was always unwise to insult those who had a connection with the spirits, with the other side, and Alaine would not risk that. Not with children on the way.

The woman's question caught her off guard. Rocking back on her heels, Alaine shot her a slightly nervous glance, before smiling. She had finished her examination. "Yes... Yes, I am quite well. Never been healthier!" She laughed, but it was a slightly wary sound, "And the same goes for Mr Kemo, here," At this, a definite frown scoured pretty pixie features. She had come to a dead end with her diagnosis. "I am sorry to say it, but I can find no reason for your... Er... Your condition, Sir. There is not damage to either eye, or head-trauma that I can see. No clouding of the pupil, no receptive lull... Nothing." The puzzle clearly didn't sit well with her. She rose to an awkward stand, wincing slightly at the body-aches. "Mr Kemo, as far as my skills are concerned... You should be able to see perfectly well."

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread