Witch & Doctor
[html]

Backdated to Sept. 30; first post by Kemo please :3

The night before, just after Ralla's encounter with Ember, she had seen another vision.

In her dreams, all had been dark as a starless night. Nothing was felt, heard, tasted, or smelled. It was a void that was cut by a wolfess's cry of anguish, followed by a blinding light. And all around, replacing the black space, was red, red, red. Ralla had looked up, or what she had presumed as up, to see a shape appearing from the disippating cover of the endless night. It was a crescent moon that illuminated her dream then, and a centaur came galloping downwards toward her with the bow strung and the arrow ready to strike. Ralla had had no body in this dream, so she could only watch as the centaur touched the proverbial ground and exploded into a light that absorbed the red. In the place where the centaur had been, a wolf wearing a red mask with a familiar mark on the forehead took its place. The wolf was huge, and it held a staff tied with herbs and feathers as it jangled a string of bells and rattling beads. The wolf swished its staff once in front of it, and it disappeared as the pole swept by. Darkness was all that was left when Ralla surged up in a cold sweat.

Her hut was long since finished; the strong structure having been laid from pliable poles of wood now surrounded by interwoven thatch tied by strong string and rope kept the wind out and the temperature within satisfactory. It had not taken Ralla much time to get enough thatching together, what with her new tools and the turning season. Fire would be the hut's only undoing, and Ralla did not plan to have a fire anywhere near but a little ways from under the tree, and even then tempered and kept from sparking or growing beyond the need for warmth. Ralla herself was slung between two other poles she had placed within the hut after her own design. They were sturdy and held the hammock Ralla had fashioned from an old tarp well enough. A myriad of the glass and knickknacks Ralla had collected from her previous journey hung now from the creviced ceiling by more string, and they glistened from the moon and starlight reflecting through the bare window. Other than those details, the hut was mostly bare. Soon she would work on the other huts that she had promised herself to start, but she was not sure if she could do it all before winter became too harsh and the need for wood to dire for warmth instead of housing.

But even the contained warmth in the hut did nothing to stop the chill from her dream

Such a dream... And the centaur. A red moon... It's all so obvious, but... Is it really possible? Oh moon; what task have you set for me now...? Ralla could not deny that the crescent red moon was obviously a symbol for Kemo; for his ex-pack. The centaur had been Sagittarius, his sign, and the decider of his fate. The wolf with the mask had had the same mark on its forehead as Ralla did on hers, symbolizing both the duty of the Shaman and her part in whatever was about to happen. But the wolf itself...had undoubtedly been Anatoliy, the gentle giant she had met on her journey. Is there a part for him in this too? Or is he simply where we're supposed to go? The 'we' in her question was inescapable. Kemo was a vital player in the vision, and Ralla had to seek him out...and beg his forgiveness. All had been peaceful since their confrontation, and Ralla did not, in the end, want bad blood between them. Even if she could not allow him closer to herself just yet, she could not just ignore a way to help him. That darkness...was probably what it was to be blind like Kemo. If the moon could cure his blindness... It is not my right to deny him that.

Jumping from her hammock, running out the door only to leap to the ground, Ralla raced to the stables to gather Sugar up. She had not bothered, this time, to bring any supplies, since she knew where they were going and that the journey would be short. The weather was still good, and Ralla had done a weather prediction and seen that it would still be good for awhile. She climbed aboard the irritated stallion--once more woken during the night, as his rider was prone to the out-of-routine awakenings--and urged him to the place where she had first met Kemo. Whether he would trust her again or speak to her again, she did not know. But she had to try.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]
[html]

OOC: And so it continues...

It had been a little over a week since his last encounter with Ralla, but he still remembered her promise and he still had faith she would keep her word. He had indeed found a place he could call his temporary home, a hollowed out and ancient tree just large enough to fit him comfortably somewhere out in the Serena Reserve, only a stones throw away from where he had met Ralla on his first day in these lands. On the slowly colder nights, the tree had been a blessing, trapping his body heat inside with him to help him keep warm, along with his body's natural tolerance to the cold. His nights had been sleepless at first, still wondering what it was he had done to make Ralla behave in such a way, but slowly he had forgotten about that, able to sleep warmly and comfortably within his little tree-den.

The days since he had left AniWaya's village had been dull by comparison. Most of the day was spent hunting and honing his survival skills, skills he must keep sharpened at all times in his blind life. Other than that, he really had nothing else to do. Several times had debated on returning to AniWaya and trying to find Ralla, but each time he tried something would hold him back, a small whisper in the back of his mind. Give her time Kemo, she will come to you when she is ready. He had no idea who that voice belonged to, but every time it spoke he obeyed it without question, seemingly forgetting about it as he went on with his self-training and chores.

The tree-den had been a great help to him in his days and nights living here, but he knew he would have to find a much more permanent den when the snow and temperature dropping winds arrived. He hunted regularly of course, keeping his mind and body strong and fit for the coming winter months. Today however, he didn't feel like doing anything besides eating and laying in his den. He had woken up this morning with a strange feeling, as if something important was going to happen today, but he couldn't possibly know what it could be. What he did know was something told him to stay near his den today and after he had gotten his morning hunt taken care of, he did just that. He snuggled up in his den, head hanging just outside of the hole in the tree, and waited for what was to come, not knowing that today his life would soon be heading in a different direction.

Kemo ”talks”, walks, and thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.kemoforest-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7f7a5b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kemoforest-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kemoforest-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kemoforest-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8206/souls43.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Fairly short, but not much to say till we both get our wolves up and going and I get my own butt in gear Tongue

His scent was close... So, so near. Ralla dismounted and followed the scent directly to Kemo--his head visibly poking out from a hollow beneath the roots of a tree--and she slowed before knocking on a tree to alert him, if Sugar's panting and her dismount had not already done so to the sharp-hearing wolf. "Kemo...?" She was awkward in starting her sentence, since she had ended their last conversation on such a harsh note. She swallowed thickly and came nearer, only a few yards away, waiting for his response. Would he beckon her closer? Refuse her to speak to him? She prayed that his welcom to her would not be as cold as the winds that were fast sweeping the AniWayan lands, and she waited for what seemed like hours as seconds ticked by, the drum of her blood loud in her ears.

Few times had she felt such suspense, and all revolved around her previous life and Kemo's appearance. She wondered, briefly, if such a recurring theme was healthy...

She fiddled, now, with her claw and tooth necklaces with one hand as her claws on her feet sifted the dirt in and out as per her nervous habit. If Kemo could see, he would see a nervous wreck who had one-too-many-things on her mind. But since he couldn't, she always had that last option that, should he refuse, she would pluck up the courage to shout her vision to him; getting the point across without trouble and without guilt later.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

OOC:

Kemo had been waiting for... minutes? Hours? He didn't care either way, knowing this was to be an important event, though he didn't know how or why. Maybe it's been long enough...maybe if I go back to see her she won't even remember what had happened and she'll accept me as a friend again, like the first day we had met. A short second later he decided he would go see her, but not today. Tomorrow would be best as today he had business to take care of.

The sounds of the forest were calm, peaceful, and suddenly interrupted by a strange heavy clomping sound. Moon above, what could that racket be?" Shortly after the clomping noise reached his ears, he could hear a distinct snorting sound, followed by a noise he had never heard in his life. The only way he could explain it was as a whehehehe, but even that didn't seem to give it the proper description. He didn't have to think about it too hard as a sudden heavy stepping he instantly recognized, her scent reaching his noise, the light knocking, and finally a slightly quiet, "Kemo...?" all told him exactly who had suddenly showed up to his den.

Ralla... It had been a week, only a week, but he missed her as if it had been months. He was careful to maintain himself, knowing she might freak out if he was too excited to see her again, but still he was so excited to see her. He lifted his head up and looked in the direction a strange clicking noise was coming from. A few seconds passed in awkward silence, the tension in the air so thick it could be cut with a knife. Suddenly Kemo released a warm smile. "Greetings Ralla. How are you? It's been a bit since we've last seen each other hasn't it?" There was no sarcasm in his voice, no hint that he still held a grudge for the last time they had met and he had intended that. Simple words could not keep him from the first friend he had ever made in this land, the first wolfess who had offered so much kindness in return for nothing.

"I missed you." It had been said before he could catch it, but he hoped she wouldn't take it the wrong way. Besides...he really did miss her.

<style type="text/css">
.kemoforest-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kemoforest-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8206/souls43.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

God, took me long enough -.-

The words that came from Kemo's mouth surprised Ralla. She had expected anger, unsureness, or spite. Instead, he had missed her. It was a pleasant feeling, being missed... She had never gone, before, from her tribal lands, so her brother and father had never really had need to miss her. But now that she was here, in Souls... There were others, far away--or even here--that had not and wanted to see her. A timid smile came upon her lips, although she knew Kemo could not see it. She was...happy.

"Yes, it has been awhile..." She could not bring herself to say that she missed him too, such that her heart was beating rapidly at the prospect of embarassment that she would've brought upon herself. She did not understand why she was feeling those butterfly-like palpatations in her heart, however. Later in her life, she would understand her own heart better, and learn to tell these signs of herself before she could see those of others. "Kemo... I'm sorry, about last time, I--... I was just..." Words were like wisps of air to her now; she, the master story-teller and songstress of her old tribe, now tongue-tied. "It doesn't matter now. I have news for you; important news. I have seen a vision; in a place I have been near, there is a Shaman...or whatever they call their healers here...that may be able to help you. I can't tell you how or why... But... I just had to tell you." Ralla was expecting Kemo's understanding on this. Since she had come to Nova Scotia, there had been many who had scoffed at her visions and dismissed them. But because Kemo was from the same tribe--albeit a different pack--she thought that he would understand where she was coming from. But after she treated him the way she did... Expectations were crossing some lines of entitlement.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

OOC: I think Kemo's an old man by now XD Naw I missed ya though ^^

Kemo could hear as well as tell that she had missed him too. It wasn't hard, considering how her heartbeat had almost seemed to flutter the moment the words had left his muzzle. She didn't have to say it, her own inner voice seemed to give it away, his ears much stronger than all others making him able to listen. Her heartbeat was like listening to an orchestra, but Kemo had no idea what an orchestra was so it was beyond him to describe what it was really like.

He listened carefully to her words and when she apologized, he waved his paw in the air in a dismissing gesture. "Don't worry about that. I can only imagine what you've been through. It's in the past, no harm was done, and you are sorry, apology accepted." He stood and stretched, padding out of the den and to her, nuzzling her side as that's all he could reach, showing to her that he really did accept her apology and miss her.

He sat back on his haunches, contemplating deeply when she told him about the vision. "Despite what happened the last time I spoke of this, I'll bring it up again. This proves it, you are a Seer, as those are the only wolves in the tribe that see these visions. I won't badger you about your past again, but I suppose since this vision involves me and you, we should make haste." He broke off suddenly as that strange creature made that weird noise again, eying it warily as he finished. "Fate doesn't wait for anyone." He smiled and stood, looking in her direction as he waited for her. "Are you ready to leave right now?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Feel free to kick me, since this thread is more than a month old :S In your next post, you can fast-forward their journey--describing the day or so it takes them to arrive at CdM--and their arrival, and then we'll bring Alaine in on the post after yours. ><

The close proximity that Kemo quickly closes between them was more than enough to spark a feeling in her heart then, stronger than before. His acceptance of her apology whisked her fear of rejection away, and she knelt down to his level, relief evident now in her posture. All of the physical things that she had been taught from puppyhood and how to react, she could not disengage from her behavior, even though she knew Kemo could not read her actions as was typical for a wolf. His reactions to her words--and her own aura, she ventured--though, seemed to convey enough. She would teach herself to not mind his condition as an impairment, and treat him as she would any other.

His reassertion of what she had once tried to hide from him no longer spurned her fears now. "Yes, Kemo. I am. I thank you for your promise not to pry, but now that you know... Honestly, it's more of a relief for me." Now that I don't have to hide what I know so carefully nor be what I am not. Maybe in time...maybe in time I'll tell him... Such a consideration was a large leap for the cautios she-wolf, but she had to learn to stop skulking in the edges of darkness. Metaphorically, Kemo was the moon; she could not lie nor hide from his light; she was drawn to it. "Yes, we must," she said in response to his prompt for them to leave. She stood and crossed to Sugar, tightening his halter and lengthening the lead, as she herself shifted to her lupus form. The process was swift--she being born with the ability--and as she changed, she once more wondered if the gift really had not been bestowed upon her esteemed colleague. He seemed the kind that the moon would give to, so she couldn't help but wonder... Perhaps the change was merely dormant?

Even then, after the change, Kemo had a few inches over her. It still amazed her, and she was once more thankful that he could not see her own awkwardly-long legs. Taking another end of the rope, she nudged Kemo's muzzle with its end so that he may take it and be led, allowing them to run without Kemo becoming lost. "We'll leave now. And Kemo?" She said as she backed away from him, oddly nervous from being so close. Looking at him, she was temporarily enthralled by his own white pelt--without any impurity but for the mark, like her own--and his eyes. The scars fascinated her curiosity, and she had to control herself from going to him again to take a closer look.

"Thank you."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

OOC: Ah don't worry about it. ^^ How about I do the journey there, you do the arrival, that sound good? I can't really tell where CDM is being blind, not knowing the territory well, and unable to recognize their scent because I've never met a CDM wizard yet, so it might not work out too well lol.

Kemo smiled as he heard the little flutter in her heartbeat, but of course he pretended not to notice. Instead he made the smile seemed to react to her statement and thanks for not prying, though he wasn't sure if she noticed the smile or not, in the way he had meant it, at least. "Of course, you are very welcome. I try not to make it a habit of prying into another's business, but there's always those few times I can't help myself. It is good, however, that you are relieved of the burden you were carrying, and let this be an example for the future." He smiled, his eyes honest and true. "Ralla, you can tell me anything you want, I promise you won't hear it from anybody else. You can trust me with anything Ralla, I just want you to know that...after all..I trust you."

It was true. He trusted her with a lot. He wasn't really sure why, despite him only knowing her a short while, but he was actually comfortable enough to trust his life even with her. Was it a sign from the Moon? He supposed he was connected to this wolfess somehow, whether through the Moon or fate itself, as she seemed to be having visions concerning him and his future. That didn't happen to just anybody, or at least as far as he knew it didn't. Suddenly he felt a change in the air and he realized Ralla's heartbeat had changed positions, heading more onto his level. Did that mean she had just changed into Lupus form? He would have to take notes on that so that he would be able to tell in the future, but at the moment, he was more interested in her. He wished, right now, so very badly, that he could see her, even for just a moment, so that he would have her face imprinted in his memory forever. All that was noticed by his thinking was a quite obvious dreamy smile, though this part was beyond his notice.

The dreamy smile remained, but his thoughts were interrupted when she brushed the end of his nose with something. It didn't smell canine like, so it couldn't have been her tail, but it did have that strange creature's scent, and hers, all over it, so he had to assume it had something to do with the creature. He bit down carefully onto the soft tail like object and he felt her release it, so he assumed he had done what she wanted. Upon her speaking, he looked in her direction, smiling even more though it was awkward with the rope in his mouth. With a nod and a step, he followed along as they left the area he had decided to dungeon in, and the place he had first met this increasingly wonderful and kind esteemed colleague he had met not long ago.

The journey was long, at least a day or two, but it seemed to fly by as if they were only walking through the village. The time spent with Ralla was worth every step, and to be honest, the journey wouldn't really have been that bad even if Ralla wasn't there, but she was, which made it even better. There had been many conversations, laughs, stories told, Kemo's smart ass comments and quick one liners passed around, and lots of smiles, at least in his opinion there had been, and honestly he couldn't think of the last time he was truly happy with anyone as much as he was with her. Yes, the few days journey had certainly affected him quite a bit, but he still wasn't quite sure what she felt, of course.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Two days of running no longer seemed such a vast amount of time, given her history of travel. Ralla was hard-pressed to forget her worries during the trip, but they refused to giver her piece. At night they rested, and Ralla told Kemo and Sugar stories of whatever she knew; foreign or native. Singing, story-telling, and reading the stars were the few things that gave Ralla peaceful solace. Kemo's company was much appreciated--rather, beyond normal friendship; it gave her the same feelings as the aforementioned activities--and she was happy to run the expanse around the Gryffindor territory that she had yet to inspect. True, she had been close once before, but she had not ventured to trouble their neighbors.

Coming upon the Dirty Mudbloods and Squibs territory was quite alike to how she had first met Anatoliy; a wall of trees suddenly giving way to clearing. Except now, that clearing was much larger. The beach stretched out in the distance, and although Ralla could feel the memory of sand beneath her paws--her first memory of Nova Scotia, when she arrived and began her flight to Muggles--she held herself and the party back from going any further. There, on the boundary of the kingdom, as she had learned it was called, she dropped the rope and howled her peculiar sound. It was a staggering of staccato notes followed by the last note drawn out, and also the same howl that she used to call Sugar. His ears perked up, him adding a low whicker in harmony, as she let the sound burst from her chest so as to travel as far as it need be. Hopefully Anatoliy would come--maybe remember her voice from those moons ago--or maybe another kind wolf that would allow them audience.

All they could do was wait.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: Hey ya! :3 Wasn't sure what time of day it was, so I avoided that XD
wc: 500+

For a while now, Alaine had been stuck on cloud nine. It wasn't particularly comfortable - With ever passing day she could feel the tiny forms within her take shape, sucking away at her strength to sustain their own. Sometimes, she would get horrible cramps and nausea, as well as dizzying spells that left her reeling. But the Apothecary was content to ignore her own bad omens. She was pregnant. The world was right again.

It had only been a few weeks, and she was barely showing the signs of motherhood. So early on, it was hard to tell anything - The number of children, their size (she prayed to god that they would not be as large as her son, Caillen). Nobody else in the pack knew of her condition, and the collie-woman was content to keep it that way until she could no longer feasibly hide it. This was silly, of course. The Cour des Miracles pack, those of whom she had come to know as extended family, would no doubt take as much joy in the news as she herself had. But some strange and niggling doubt kept the lady sworn to secrecy. The only individual to know of her expectancy was the father, and he was a loner by nature; She didn't expect to see or hear from his again for a while.

Thus it was completely unexpected, the wavering howl that came to her on the breeze. It was clearly a female voice, strong and pure, accompanied by what could clearly be known as an equine. Had the pack been expecting visitors? There was no note of alarm in the howl, but Alaine still felt it as her duty to check on the health of the newcomers. Besides, the kingdom had been strangely quiet of late, and it would not surprise her if she was to be the first on the scene to welcome these strangers.

Out of habit more than necessity, Alaine pulled on her fingerless gloves and her healer's satchel. The small leather bag was stuffed to the brim with medical supplies, and she took it everywhere; One never knew when her talents might be required, and she had healed enough patients beyond her own pack to have developed quite a hear-say. Individuals sometimes came from other packs without healers to seek her aid, and if this was such an occasion, Alaine wanted to be prepared.

She headed to the border in Optime form. Since the knowledge of her pregnancy, she had not shifted, not wanting to put the unborns at risk with the transformation. It was a slower progress than if she'd been running on four legs, but the collie still got there in good time. She paused a fair distance from the strangers, observing them cautiously. There was an ivory female, her coat as white as snow - Alaine had only ever known one other white wolfess, but the memory was a good one. Behind her was another white lupus form, probably male, but from this distance it was difficult to tell. They were accompanied by the equine she had undoubtedly heard earlier; such beasts made her nervous. The were like giant prey, and she knew that the hard hooves they had could pummel any unwary canine into an early grave.

Walking into view, Alaine paused at a smaller distance, her head held high in dominance. It was not necessarily that she felt any need to show her status to the strangers, but that was simply how things were done when greeting non-packmembers at the border. If they showed submission and identified themselves to be friends not foe, then she would deal with them on an equal plane; Otherwise, she had no idea how she would be able to chase them off the land, her being so out-numbered.

"Hello!" Her accented tone carried across the land, "You are at the border of Cour des Miracles terrotiry. What is your business here?"

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Now it begins >Big Grin

Kemo had never been as happy in his life as he was on the journey with Ralla and her strange animal friend. Judging from the heavy footfalls this animal made, it was quite large, perhaps as large as the mooses he had seen around his home pack's territories, possibly as large as the black bears he had seen as well. This particular creature however, didn't seem as wild or vicious as the black bears and mooses were, contenting itself with just following them around where they went, though he led Kemo around by the rope in his mouth, so he was thankful to the beast. Sugar was his name, and he would not forget this creature in his lifetime.

It was Ralla, however, that he put most of his focus on. Her gentle laughs, the tone of voice she used to tell her stories with, the skill she had with story telling, he honestly couldn't find anything he didn't like about her. In his blindness, he always imagined her as an angel because there was no way someone as wonderful as her could be outside of his imagination. He would never complain, however, because no matter what he thoroughly enjoyed her company. All he could think about in the warm silence of the night, when she was asleep, or the gentle silence only filled with their paw and hoof steps and the sounds of nature, was her...Ralla Ralla Ralla.

It was only natural, then, that he wouldn't notice they had stopped until it was too late, bumping into her with a soft oomf and a sudden pushing from his thoughts. He licked her cheek apologetically. "I'm sorry, was lost in thought. Why did we stop?" If she answered that question, she would only be further cementing the fact that they had arrived, because at that moment an unfamiliar scent had arrived on the wind, and a female's voice carried with it. His head snapped in the direction the voice had come from and he was rewarded with the overwhelming scent of the unknown female. Not seeing the raising of her head, he couldn't tell if she was of high rank in the pack, but the other unknown scent told him she was in a pack, so he bowed his head to her.

Dropping the rope, he decided he would at least introduce himself then let Ralla deal with the talking. SHe knew what she was doing, he was merely along for the ride at the moment. "Greetings! I am Kemo and this is Ralla and Sugar. The wolf-like one is Ralla." He smiled, bowing his head slightly in respect to the stranger.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Wow... I...need...more...time...in...a...day T-T

Bowing her head in acknowledgement of the female and Kemo's introduction, Ralla took a step forth. "Hello. I've come here seeking a bit of knowledge... Um... Anatoliy wouldn't happen to be here...? Rather, he's not a healer, is he?" It was a rather blunt question--that which Ralla was known for--and although she did not think that Anatoliy was a healer at all, appearances could be deceiving. The female in front of her appeared quite plainly to Ralla as graceful--welcoming, despite the fatigued expression and show of territorial dominace--and most of Ralla's fears were assuaged by the aura she was expunging. "I uh... Nevermind," she corrected herself, about to explain her vision but thinking better of it at the moment. "I was informed that there is someone here that could help Kemo out with his..." She looked back, wondering if it was ok with her travel companion that she so openly spoke of his condition. It's not as if she can't see... And she needs to know if we're going to get any help. "I know it sounds silly, but we were wondering if anyone was here that could cure blindness." Such a miracle was a ridiculous thing to ask of anyone but the moon, and Ralla hoped that the two of them didn't appear out of their minds.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: blarp :3
wc: 300+

The first to reply to her greeting was the male. He had a strange way of carrying himself, which tugged at some medical knowledge in the back of her mind. However, his voice was firm and loud, not hinting at any form of sickness. Wisely, the two ivory wolves took submissive postures, and Alaine relaxed. They would not harm her or her unborn children, she could sense it. With a few graceful strides, the woman closed the distance between herself and the trio, so that they might be able to converse more easily.

"Kemo, Ralla... Sugar. It is a pleasure to welcome you to my home. I am Alaine Winters, the Cour des Miracles Apothecary." She said graciously, smiling warmly at the pair of wolves but casting a somewhat nervous glance at the large equine. Moving so that she stood further from it, Alaine then listened intently to the lady named Ralla, her emerald gaze curiously drawn by the strange markings on the other's forehead. "Anatoliy..." She blinked, slightly confused by the pretty white wolf's babbling. As far as Alaine knew, she was the only medically skilled canine in this area. Her curiously grew tenfold as Ralla continued speaking, emerald gaze landing for the first time close-up on Kemo himself.

It was immediately obvious to the well-trained Apothecary that Ralla's comrade was blind, merely by the way he held himself, and didn't make eye contact. "I see..." Curing blindness was something she severely doubted, and already disappointment bloomed in the expectant mother's chest as she realized that she probably would not be able to help the pair in the way they so desired. However, for professionalism's sake, Alaine felt obliged to at least attempt to use her knowledge, if not to restore the male's sight, then perhaps to diagnose his lack of it.

"If you are comfortable here, I could take a look at Mister Kemo right now... Else, we can head towards my den. However, I have all of my tools I require with me." She patted the bulging leather bag at her side fondly. Emerald eyes remained trained on Kemo, her urge to look closer assailed by manners and propriety. "Whichever would suit the pair of you best. However, I make no promises on the outcome of such a thing... I am a healer, miss, not a miracle worker." She didn't want them to get their hopes up for something so unlikely.

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry, getting behind Sad

Kemo remained politely silent, letting the two females converse amongst themselves. In the silence that was his mind, he focused on the new comer, the stranger he had never met before. She had her own unique scent as well as another, much like Sepirah had her own unique scent and another, announcing she belonged to Inferni. Ralla's "pack scent" told him she belonged to AniWaya, but this scent was new, a pack he had yet to meet in his travels.

There was something else as well...something much different about this female, now introduced as Alaine Winters, which he nodded politely to. Cour des Miracles? Must be a pack I haven't heard of yet. He paused for a moment. "Pleasure to meet you Alaine." He could hear her heartbeat clearly, listening to it beat fast then slowing down a bit, as if she was calming down after being either afraid or angry, it was always difficult to tell between those. However, as he listened carefully, he could hear several smaller heartbeats coming from within her. It was the strangest thing, something he had never come across before in his life, and if had sight he would have realized by now he was staring at her, but he wasn't looking at her at all.

For now he decided to remain quiet, at least listening to the two females until Alaine had offered to take them to her den for a thorough exam. "Alaine, if you don't mind me calling you that, honestly it doesn't matter to me where you examine me. Whatever makes you the most comfortable. We know as well that you are not a miracle worker, but we were led here on a vision from the Moon and the Moon will provide any miracles we are seeking, as it wishes so. You must perform miracles as you have the miracle of medical knowledge, the ability to help anyone in need, and the compassion that makes you willing to do so without prejudice or judgement. Those are miracles in my eyes, so I believe you may call yourself a miracle worker or a healer, they are both one in the same." A slight smile played across his muzzle.

He then turned to Ralla, the smile not disappearing. "Ralla? Did you want to come with us or did you want to go find Anatoliy? I can wait for you here if you wish, I'm sure Alaine's exam won't take long, but if you prefer to stay, that's fine too."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

It's okay :3 This is one of those threads that are important, so it's good to take your time X3 (says the lady with the ridiculously short post ><)

Ralla had not gone without noticing Kemo's intent focus on the wolf called Alaine, and so she, too, looked up the to optime luperci; really looked at her. She knew that Kemo's hearing was keener than some due to his condition, and was a bit jealous that her hearing was that of an average wolf's. She flinched when Kemo began to talk about the moon and her vision from it, although he did not mention that she had seen it. She was not ashamed of her gift; she embraced it, although she knew not all in Nova Scotia did the same.

Although Kemo offered for her to go find Anatoliy, she was not entirely comfortable going off into the territory alone or leaving Kemo by himself. It wasn't that she mistrusted Alaine, she was just...worrisome. "I'll stay with you two," she said pleasantly, returning to her obscure scrutiny of the other woman. She felt as if something weren't right, but she couldn't place her finger on it...

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]

[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: :]
wc: 300+

It was the male who replied to her open question first. His voice was firm but gentle, and Alaine listened politely, her maw slowly blooming with a pretty smile that he would not be able to see. She had never thought of her trade that way - The collie-woman was a healer because she loved to bring peace to those who might need it, but never had she thought of her skills as miracle-worthy. Flattered, although she didn't even know the white wolf, Alaine let her palm rest absently on her belly. It was still mostly flat, and she was barely just showing the pregnancy at all yet, but that was the miracle; That her ruined womb could sustain life again.

Emerald eyes turned swiftly to the ivory lady, Ralla, and saw the woman's gaze scrutinizing her own form. Not expecting such a ponderous look, Alaine's smile faltered, but she thought little of it. Perhaps these wolves had never come across a dog before. She'd certainly met some of that likening, and they had stared aplenty.

"Alright, then, as you will it," The Apothecary said pleasantly, taking a few more steps towards Kemo. Because he was in Lupus form, she knelt before him on the long grass, resting her aching body on her heels. She placed the bag beside her on the ground, and immediately rifled through it for a most peculiar item; a shard of circular glass, with smooth edges. Ensuring that she was in the shade before beginning (because the sun magnified through the glass might potentially hurt the male's eye), she leaned towards him, holding the glass in one hand and gently cupping his face in the other. The glass magnified Kemo's face, giving her a much clearer view of his eye. As she made her inspection, Alaine chose to inquire about some of the male's curious earlier words. "You said you were led here... On a vision from the moon? What was this vision about, and how did you get it, exactly?"

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

OOC:Sweet, that works Big Grin

Kemo kept his attention on Ralla for just a little while longer, taking into account the small flinch when he told Alaine about the vision. Strange way to react, especially in something they both believed in so well. He thought nothing of it however, choosing not to bring it up in front of Alaine, smiling instead at Ralla's answer. "As you wish." He nodded to her and focused his attention on Alaine again, laughing inwardly to himself as he realized it was very difficult for them to tell just who he was focusing his attention on.

Alaine hadn't said anything about his words, but her demeanor seemed to change, so he took that as a thank you. It really was true in his eyes, this not quite wolf or coyote or jackal could certainly perform miracles, and it confused him to think that she didn't see it that way. He smiled in spite of himself, glad to have helped her in any way he could, nodding slightly as she approached him.

He managed to stay stock still while she dug through her bag, even as she lightly held the side the side of his head and did whatever he couldn't see her doing, but when she asked the question, he was forced to look in the direction he thought Ralla was in for a moment before looking straight ahead again, unknowingly right into Alaine's eyes. "Well..That's correct, we were led here by a vision, but I didn't have the vision. Ralla's a seer, you see, or at least she used to be, before she left our tribe. She can explain it all better than me though, so I'll let her tell you. All I really know is the vision was meant to lead us here to help me with my blindness." He continued staring into Alaine's eyes without realizing it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Good grief, this has been a long thread o.0 Sorry everyone in CdM; according to some PM's, it'll be here for a long while yet since there's going to be a *dun-dun-dun* EXTENSION! (Alaine, if you're stressed for time, fear not! Yours doesn't go on forevs like SOME PEOPLE insist on doing XP/>.<) Once more: Ralla's ability is only real in her mind, and all visions she sees are based off of prior knowledge or instinct.

Ralla settled on her haunches as she watched Kemo's examination. Alaine didn't appear too disbelieving of her ability--yet--so she decided it was fine to divulge more. "The two of us came from the same tribe, far away. There were Shamans over there, and I had been trained to be one. Amongst our talents was star-reading and divining visions from the moon. It's an ancient story; it had something to do with only white wolves, because we are the color of the pure moon. It's too long to tell in one sitting, but the basis was that when the Long Gones began to lose their way, the moon granted a few wolves the power to see what it saw; past, present, or future. I see them at night, and signs during the day." She took a breath and resettled herself, watching intently Alaine's work.

"It's not really something by choice," she explained more. If I had the choice... I would've hidden it... She loved and reveared the moon, but the burden that had almost been hers had been too much to ask of anyone. Cages and seclusion were not Ralla's cup of tea in the least, as an understatement. "On another note, are you healthy yourself, Alaine?" She had noticed it while stationary to the side, watching them. She had said it softly without a note of incrimination or barb, but the woman seemed fatigued; a warm--yet nervous--atmosphere seemed to emanate from her. There was also an irregularity in her form, though Ralla had yet to place it. Asking that was absurd. She's an apothacary; she knows how to take care of herself.

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]

[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: oh boy XD
wc: 5+
SoSuWriMo: 550 words

She continued examining Kemo's eye as he spoke, with methodical precision - Checking first for anomalies in the sclera, any sorts of small cuts that had damaged the glossy surface. As she observed, the Apothecary also listened intently to her patient and his companion. Their story was definitely an interesting one.

Curious emerald eyes lifted from her observation to peer across at Ralla. A seer. She had heard of such things, of course - Back in her Great Britain clan they had had spiritual guiders, seekers of 'the path'. But to meet a real Seer, in the flesh, was something different entirely. Alaine was incessantly intrigued of things beyond the flesh, beyond her own talents as a healer. Her profession, though seemingly grounded, relied on a lot of faith in something greater than her own talents - Although her gods had long since failed her.

It was slightly off-putting, the intensity of Kemo's stare as his sightless gaze locked coincidentally on to her face. Pulled back from her moment of Revere, the healer continued to examine his upturned yes, switching delicately from one to the next. Her back was beginning to hurt, but the pregnancy meant that body-aches were becoming more and more frequent, and she didn't complain. Couldn't, what with the joy of knowing them to be pregnancy aches. Floppy ears tilted towards Ralla, listening to the woman's gentle voice as she began to test Kemo's pupils.

First, she covered one of his eyes with her hand, watching the other intently for any sort of connected light-reaction, before removing her hand to watch the male's pupil swell back out to the regular size. A slight frown shadowed the woman's face - So far, nothing appeared to be wrong. She continued, pulling back his eyelids gently, and doing all sorts of cautious prodding, all the while listening to the Seer.

"I see... That is very... Well," The Apothecary didn't know quite what to think of the other lady's self-confessed otherworldly talents. She supposed they were plausible - Alaine liked to consider herself a spiritual 'Soul, and wouldn't discount the idea of future telling until it could be definitely proven or disproven. However, Ralla's sanction within her mind became somewhat more revered, or respectful; It was always unwise to insult those who had a connection with the spirits, with the other side, and Alaine would not risk that. Not with children on the way.

The woman's question caught her off guard. Rocking back on her heels, Alaine shot her a slightly nervous glance, before smiling. She had finished her examination. "Yes... Yes, I am quite well. Never been healthier!" She laughed, but it was a slightly wary sound, "And the same goes for Mr Kemo, here," At this, a definite frown scoured pretty pixie features. She had come to a dead end with her diagnosis. "I am sorry to say it, but I can find no reason for your... Er... Your condition, Sir. There is not damage to either eye, or head-trauma that I can see. No clouding of the pupil, no receptive lull... Nothing." The puzzle clearly didn't sit well with her. She rose to an awkward stand, wincing slightly at the body-aches. "Mr Kemo, as far as my skills are concerned... You should be able to see perfectly well."

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Ok here goes for my first SSWM post... >.< SoSuWriMo: 612 words

Kemo smiled as Ralla finally became comfortable enough to talk about their religion in front of their new friend and healer. There was no reason for her to be shy about it. He certainly never failed to use the Moon's name willingly in front of strangers, it was simply a matter of fact. Little did he know the Moon would play a more pivotal role than he thought.

When he was blinded, he was knocked unconscious. The moment he had woken up had changed his life forever and it took him a while to embrace the gifts the Moon hag given him in exchange for his sight. He did, however, and he loved to hear the surprised intake of breath, the increase of heartbeat, and the gentle paw steps they sometimes took in retreat. Amazing gifts, yes, but so very intimidating. He loved it because he looked and seemed weak to those who didn't know him better, handicapped some would say, but he laughed every time he heard the word.

There were moments were he wished he could see. There were things he wish he could see, the landscape, the trees, a sunset...and of course...Ralla. He imagined she was very beautiful, white fur like the wolfesses of his pack, green eyes that shined like emeralds, and of course petite, in essence, a dream. More things he wished he could see...but sadly he would never see them in this life. That gift, the gift of sight, was taken away in his puphood.

Kemo sat patiently throughout the entire examination from the kind healer, staying perfectly still when she touched his eyes and poked and prodded here and there. He was glad he wasn't ticklish or he knew that wouldn't have turned out well, especially in front of Ralla.

He listened to the conversation being exchanged between the two females, keeping his gaze focused straight ahead. His thoughts mainly kept bugging him about the canine in front of him. Her heart was beating like crazy, but he couldn't tell if she was nervous or excited, or something else entirely. Her complete dismissal of Ralla's suggestion was suspicious as well. She didn't seem to be up to speed so to speak, at least judging from a stranger's viewpoint of course, but he just couldn't put his paw on it. The gentle gasps that he could hear thanks to his extremely sensitive ears, the pops in her back, and still that mysterious sound coming from her abdomen.

His thoughts were put aside for a moment as he returned to the here and now. "Alaine, are you sure you're ok? Your heart is beating like crazy and it sounds like you might be in pain...but of course that's just a guess." He smiled wolfishly up to her, ears twitching slightly.

Her declaration at first didn't sink in on Kemo and at first he merely thought she had stated the obvious, that he was blind and there was nothing that could be done about it. However, when his mind finally caught up to him and actually processed every word she said, his jaw dropped and his temper flared. He remained silent for a moment, unable to speak due to so much shock. WHen he finally came around, when his words finally caught up to him, all of his thoughts, accusations, confusion, and complete disbelief of this strange canine from Cour des Miracles were completely summed up in his next accusing question.

"Are you calling me a liar?" A slight but deep rumble sounded from his chest and his ears pinned back. How dare she tell him that he wasn't really blind, how dare she!?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]