Witch & Doctor
[html]

OOC:

Despite the quiet poking and prodding of Alaine's gentle and careful examination, a myriad of sounds seemed to bombard Kemo's ears. He could still pick up on the strange goings on within the healer's abdomen, though it was still beyond him to explain what it could possibly be. He seemed to hear every little twitch and kink in her body the more he concentrated, as if he was xraying her body with his ears. Ironic that she was the healer when he knew so much about her body without ever setting eyes on it. For example, the gentle gasps of pain that he wasn't sure even Alaine was aware of, nor Ralla at the moment.

Even when she declared yet again that she was sound of health, seemingly turning around to show him judging from the sounds of rapidly stepping paws touching down in different spots of varying distance from his ears. It was a moot gesture as what did she think he would have been able to gain from that? He couldn't see anything that was wrong because he couldn't see in the first place. Wasn't that obvious? "No actually, I can't see." He chuckled, giving the healer the benefit of thinking she wasn't used to dealing with sightless wolves, or she could have been showing Ralla instead. There was something different about this canine, that he was able to take away from the simple twirl she had performed.

Her heart had sped up the entire time before and during the twirl, the slight audible wince of pain causing Kemo's ears to twitch. He had also picked up on the odd tone in which she had chosen, or rather involuntarily chosen, to take when she had voiced her denial. He decided at that moment not to pursue the matter anymore. This canine had something to hide, that was for sure, and he let her keep her secrets. It wasn't his business to push.

In reaction to his sudden anger, he hadn't noticed Ralla coming to comfort him and try to control his anger until he felt a weight press against his side. He pushed back against her, letting her know that he would try to control himself, but he was beyond simply frustrated or mad. He turned his head to the side slightly to listen to Ralla, but her words only soothed his anger somewhat, not nearly enough to send the beast to sleep entirely.

Kemo just couldn't understand how anybody could say something like that to him. How could anyone tell a blind wolf that they weren't really blind? THat was the same thing as telling a crippled wolf that they could walk normally or telling a deaf wolf that they could hear, ironic as that was. It was an impossibility. No healer, wolf, wolfess, or any mortal creature could tell him that he wasn't blind without him getting angry about it, that was just a matter of fact. He had every right to be angry.

Something that should have set him off over the deep end was the gentle sound of metal scraping against leather. Luckily Ralla was there to at least keep the beast within his heart in check. He had been moments from flying off the handle, inches even, but he had managed to get ahold of himself a bit before he could do something he would regret thanks to her, and he was able to listen to Alaine's answer to Ralla's question, though it didn't sooth his anger in the slightest. If anything, it only increased it. "Oh so now you're saying I'm a mental case? Suffering from mental trauma, and that caused my blindness? There's an easy answer to that question Ralla, nothing. I'm sorry Alaine, I'm not declaring anything that concerns your skills with healing negatively in any way, but I honestly think you are wrong. I can't be blind but still be able to see, that's nothing but a contradiction. There's nothing that happened in my life that could have caused this besides physical trauma from the bear atta-"

Before he could say another word, however, his mind suddenly brought forth a vision, almost as if he was having a dream. In his mind, he went back to the day he was attacked by the bear, the last thing he saw before the darkness overtook his life. Everything was as it should be, the deer's tail, the howl, the storm, him turning around and seeing the bear, only this time it was different. He wasn't looking into the eyes of the bear..no...it was a creature, wolf like, though it was unlike any wolf he had ever seen. The most obvious detail, were the eyes..his mother's eyes...

"No...NO! No it can't...it can't be you...mother?" And with that, Kemo did something he had never before done in his life. He feinted, falling unconscious to the ground at Alaine's feet.

Kemo ”talks”, walks, and thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.kemoforest-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7f7a5b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kemoforest-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kemoforest-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kemoforest-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8206/souls43.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]

Messages In This Thread