Long Lost (Leader nedded!)
Ever's reaction startled him. She began to panic before he was able to be happy to have been reunited with his sister. 'Does she not believe me?' he thought to himself. 'She must think me a ghost... Or a liar.' The fact that she was panicking frightened Overo. He didn't know how to handle someone in these kinds of hysterics.

Overo wanted to be happy to have found his sister, but how could he? Ever did not remember him in the way he remembered her. Granted, there was no way he could know what her life was like, but his life had made him a soldier, his teammates were his family. After the battle and separating from his father, surviving had only strengthened those skills. Overo was not raised thinking about his mother and sister, but how to fight. After the battle, when Sulstace had said to run, he ran. But how could he explain? Even more, how could he expect her to understand?

Her words stung, and his stomach had tied itself into a knot. "I see that you blame me.." He said quietly, hanging his head low and closing his bright green eyes. It pained him to know that his mother was dead, but even more so that Ever's memory of him was so poor. Now that he knew she was alive and standing before him, he wanted to know his sister. However, he didn't feel that she wanted to know him.

He picked his head back up and gazed softly at his sister. He couldn't say he missed her necessarily. She hadn't ever been part of his life. But he felt warm being near her, like a part of him that had been missing was found and put back into place. Even so, seeing how much pain he was evidently causing her, he couldn't stay if she didn't want him to.

"I.. Do you want me to leave?"

Messages In This Thread