Help Me Through Tomorrow
[html]

rawr

The gray husky printed femme listened to the younger one with amusement in her facial expressions. Her ears went back and she gave a shy smile hearing him comment on her own name, perhaps he was saying it to be nice, but still it was good to hear something nice. "I don't lie...I do find it to be unique." It was odd, but the pup was making her relax, and he was very polite. Jefferson was doing a good job with him, and that made her even prouder to be part of this pack. His age was said in a way she didn't hear of often. She'd heard of months, it was how humans measured time, that is so was the word June. She wasn't very familiar with human time, however, she did remember her father saying something about how the moons correlated with months. She felt foolish admitting her own stupidity, but she was going to be honest with him, "I..uh, I'm not familiar with months or June.." She brought her head down and put her hand over her muzzle in an attempt to hide her own shame, "I..I am familiar with moon cycles though..and I do remember my father saying that each month had a fool moon..sometimes two..so, if you're five months...chances are you're five moons old.." She began to try and focus on her tasks and ignore her emotions for a moment.

Her eyes looked up from the pale then smiled, "Well..it would be a little complicated for you to do..but I do appreciate your offer.." Her mind thought about how old she was before she shifted. She was close to his age when she did, but her brother was nearly eight moons old before he first shifted. So who knew when he would. "You know...I was about your age when I shifted...if I remember I was six moons." She moved to each stale pouring the water into each container. Once her task was done she put the bucket beneath some shelving then looked back to Prip, "It's kinda odd to think about things from my past..." she gave a big smile, "It doesn't seem that long ago...but in reality, that was nearly..." She began to think about the time. It was coming on winter, and so she then added the moons, "Well..I think I should learn some human time...as it would be a whole winter and 3 moons ago...but I don't know how well you understand my time line compared to a human time line." Her ears went back as she felt her cheeks go red. This pup probably thinks I'm a complete idiot...surely that means something if I feel stupid compared to a pup..I must be a complete fool!" She could feel her anxiety go up all of a sudden and her stomach was beginning to twist. She realized it was her doing this to herself, but somehow she had trouble controlling her own self-hatred.

<style>
.adonia-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.adonia-a01 b {color:#A3BED8;}
.adonia-a01-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px; margin:5px 0px; border-styleConfusedolid none solid none; border-color:#000000; border-width:1px; border-size:1px;}
.adonia-a01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.adonia-a01 {background-color:#0B1D2E; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/adoniabg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4A6073; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:347px; margin:0 auto; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread