Help Me Through Tomorrow
[html]

Ah haha...yeah..sorry, Adonia's muse is lowish...so sorry for the sucky post...hopefully I can get her out of this rut she's in..she needs some friends..

The only thing that she looked forward was the horses. Taking care of them was just about the only thing that had her going, otherwise she would rather be inside her home laying underneath the bed. She feared talking to others really, she didn't want to get attached, yet she did. She wanted someone to talk to, someone to befriend...anything. Fear of them leaving, fear of them hating her, fear of them just...fear! Even though she's had one good encounter, she still out doubt floating in her mind. Surely, he was just being 'nice' to her and if she were to ever see him again he'd act like he didn't really know her. A nonchalant hello, that sort of thing.

The early morning sun blazed in the colorful horizon as she brushed one of the horses in the field. She had bonded fairly well with them. At least they weren't going anywhere. They'd never leave her side, and they'd never judge her. They looked forward to her, even making happy noises and excited gestures with their body. She could always rely on them. At times she was curious about riding them, but never had the guts. She only knew how to feed them, guide them, and brush them, even trim their hooves down, but that was it. Just take care of them, and love on them. Riding was something exciting but she'd never do...not without a professional's help. Her eyes looked up to the mare's large dark eyes after she'd finished brushing her and then came to her front and touched her hand softly to her poll down to her nose. "You're such a good girl...." her words were soft and kind as she kissed the mare before lightly pushing her away, "Now go on...have some fun with your friends.." she smiled feeling a soft ping of jealousy. So free...and she had friends...something Adonia wished she had.

<style>
.adonia-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.adonia-a01 b {color:#A3BED8;}
.adonia-a01-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px; margin:5px 0px; border-styleConfusedolid none solid none; border-color:#000000; border-width:1px; border-size:1px;}
.adonia-a01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.adonia-a01 {background-color:#0B1D2E; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/adoniabg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4A6073; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:347px; margin:0 auto; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
sorry for the wait! school is just slowing down now.

The sun generated enough heat that day to give the illusion of warmth, but winter was only biding her time. Waiting patiently to sprinkle snow over the ground, freeze the rivers and cover the whole world in frost. So cold and deadly winter could be, a truly cruel mistress so far north, but Pripyat had yet to meet the fair weathered lady, and so he could only rejoice in the fact that when he left the ranch the sun soaked into his fur and warmed his muscles. It was a good day indeed to just wander about and enjoy the air, and it was this aimless wander than brought him to the fields. The horses were out, which was not an unusual sight. And there was another in the field with them, which also was not strange, but the figure that stood there was indeed a stranger.

For a long while he watched the lady, patting and stroking the hooved animals. Her mannerisms with them were so warm and kind that he almost didn't wish to disrupt them, as if it were a private matter he was looking in on. Yet patting the last one and sending it away she stood there alone, and the lanky boy strode over to her, his ocean eyes wide and sparkling as he approached. When he was only a few yards away he cleared his throat and stood as straight as possible, politely interrupting her solitude as best as he knew how. "Excuse me miss. Hello?" And then he sat, curling his fluffy tail about oversized paws, waiting patiently for her to turn and acknowledge him.

[/html]
[html]

It's okay ^^

Adonia was so absorbed in watching the mare join with the others that she hadn't quite noticed the youngster. Not that she was old, she was just two months three months shy of turning two years. Still the pup was much younger than her in comparison. It was as the horses began to frolic that she heard the soft sound of the pup before he spoke. She shyly turned ears back as if she was startled, but in fact she really wasn't. Adonia was just quite shy. Her eyes looked into the beautiful hue of blue that dotted the child's eyes. "Hello.." She mustered to say. "..is there anything I can help you with?" The slight wind blew over, it was slightly chilly, but not unbearable in the least. She loved the chill of fall, it was comfortable to her. With that cool blow of wind came the scent of the puppy and immediately she had the inclination of who the pup belonged to, and she couldn't help but then ask, "Are you Jefferson's son?" Her two toned eyes looked over the smokey, yet silvery fur. She tried to remember she had met the mate to her leader, but couldn't. Still she knew that Jefferson had a mate, she could smell it on his coat when she had gotten close enough to him, and the female's scent was on the land at various locations of Phoenix. It was odd that Adonia knew the wolves around, yet she never actually seen most of them, but the land seemed less lively than when she had first come. Still this was home, as home as it was going to get for her anyway. It was odd how much of a loner she was for being a pack wolf--well wolfdog.

She remained still, watching the youngster as if it was a foreign object. It wasn't often she came across puppies, and really she wasn't sure how to act around them, so she remained still and other that the greeting and two questions she remained very quiet. Her tail without motion and her ears back. Her tongue came out nervously licking her lips while her head seemed to bow down in a slight submissive manner.

<style>
.adonia-a01-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px; margin:5px 0px; border-styleConfusedolid none solid none; border-color:#000000; border-width:1px; border-size:1px;}
.adonia-a01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.adonia-a01 {background-color:#0B1D2E; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/adoniabg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4A6073; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:347px; margin:0 auto; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

The lady turned and her ears fell back, and Pripyat stumbled back a few steps on uneasy paws. She seemed uncomfortable, although not unhappy, and he did not wish for his nearness to bother the lady. Yet she was polite and friendly when she spoke and asked if he needed help. Quite simply he answered her, his boyish grin plastered on his face. "Nope." Nope, no help needed here. Fortunately the conversation did not come to a stalemate for the lady asked a question that brought a burst of pride and excitement to the boy. Standing straighter he puffed out his chest, making him appear larger than his five months allowed for. "Yes! Jefferson is my father! Do you know him?" And then he stumbled, realizing that of course she knew him if she was asking about him by name. Pawing at the ground he averted his eyes in embarrassment, but it quickly passed and he glanced back up to her, his good mood returned in less than a second.

"I’m Pripyat!" And perhaps he was too friendly and straight forward, for he really had had no purpose in coming over to speak with the lady, but that mattered little now. They were already engaged and Pripyat did not like to analyze his social behaviors too much. The woman did not seem displeased to be speaking to him, so he continued on. "do you often take care of the horses miss?" He knew that at times Jefferson did, but of course others must pitch in too at times. He had never done it, but he had never shifted either. It was hard to contribute much to the care of beasts who were nearly ten times his size and weight. Although he grew increasingly larger, his form becoming more masculine and bulky, he was still very much a child. And it showed at times, not only physically, but also how he conducted himself. Although ever polite, it wasn’t always with tact that he spoke. "What’s your name?”

[/html]
[html]

She was taken back by the spunky youngster, his 'nope' through her off. What was he doing here then? She watched him slightly uncomfortable, but she would try her best to remain calm and show that she was..even though she wasn't. Then the youngster answered her question with surprising enthusiasm. Then she laughed as he asked if she knew him and a smile formed on her muzzle, "Of course I know him, he's the one who accepted me into the pack and gave me this job." She answered as she continued to smile to the little grayish pup. "Pripyat, that is a very unique name." She said in admiration, then nodded, "Yes, I do. I take care of them everyday." Her eyes looked back as she turned her head to look at them. They were so peaceful in their surroundings as they grazed, some just standing there looking out as they chewed on whatever grass was still in their mouth. Her eyes and muzzle came back to look at Jefferson's son, "Oh, yes, I'm Adonia...it's nice to meet you Pripyat." and in truth it was. She actually didn't even know Jefferson had children and that fact bothered her making her feel not very informed about the pack members as she should have been.

She looked to the brush in her hand then to the barn, "So, how old are you Pripyat?" Her curiosity perking within her. She was never good with age guessing and seemed to always pin others younger than what they were, but in Jefferson's case she pinned him probably older than what he was. His scarring being the culprit for that. She began to walk figuring the young grayish pup would follow her to the barn. "It's not often I come across pups..." she laughed some as she got came into the barn and put the brush back where it belonged, then began to dump the old water replacing it with fresh water from the well, pumping it to fill the bucket she had. She knew the horses probably appreciated the fresh water, she knew she would.

<style>
.adonia-a01 {background-color:#0B1D2E; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/Hogwarts/gifts/20 ... oniabg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4A6073; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:347px; margin:0 auto; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
AH sorry for taking just about forever. I am seriously slow with Prippy threads. Poop.

The lady’s laugh caused a rush of embarassment, but she was kind and he let it got easily enough. Everyone made mistakes and it was okay that she laughed at his, at least he hadn’t made a even bigger blunder—yet. Jefferson had given her this job? Pripyat sighed inwardly, wondering just what kind of jobs he would be assigned to when he was able to hold a real rank, after he had learned to shift… when he was a bit older. Pripyat couldn’t imagine where he would really fit in, but pleasing Mother was his biggest concern and making Jefferson proud was his second, so surely there would be some place for him. "Is it? It’s just my name. Adonia is pretty though.” She had complimented his name and so he felt it was only just to offer her one in return, although his words weren’t untrue. Adonia was a pretty name.

The lady asked him a question and Pripyat counted mentally from the time Mother had told him was his birthday. It was hard, as he didn’t really care or understand mooncycles, months or any way to tell the passing of time. The twelve month human calendar had been explained to him once, and after a long pause he unsurely answered the woman. "Five months.” That sounded about right he thought as he unconciously began to follow Adonia as she moved toward the barn. It was simply natural to follow the adult he was with, unless he really wanted to do something else. He didn’t. Adonia had his full attention just then. "I was born in June.” The extra information was just to be sure, hopefully Adonia could count the months and assure him he was right. Pripyay made a mental note that he would have to learn better how to tell the passage of time.

Inside the barn he watched as the older of the two put away her tools and began to dump out the water of the horses. How often was all this done? It seemed a lot more work than Pripyat had ever imagined went into keeping up the animals. "Is there anything I can do to help?”
[/html]
[html]

rawr

The gray husky printed femme listened to the younger one with amusement in her facial expressions. Her ears went back and she gave a shy smile hearing him comment on her own name, perhaps he was saying it to be nice, but still it was good to hear something nice. "I don't lie...I do find it to be unique." It was odd, but the pup was making her relax, and he was very polite. Jefferson was doing a good job with him, and that made her even prouder to be part of this pack. His age was said in a way she didn't hear of often. She'd heard of months, it was how humans measured time, that is so was the word June. She wasn't very familiar with human time, however, she did remember her father saying something about how the moons correlated with months. She felt foolish admitting her own stupidity, but she was going to be honest with him, "I..uh, I'm not familiar with months or June.." She brought her head down and put her hand over her muzzle in an attempt to hide her own shame, "I..I am familiar with moon cycles though..and I do remember my father saying that each month had a fool moon..sometimes two..so, if you're five months...chances are you're five moons old.." She began to try and focus on her tasks and ignore her emotions for a moment.

Her eyes looked up from the pale then smiled, "Well..it would be a little complicated for you to do..but I do appreciate your offer.." Her mind thought about how old she was before she shifted. She was close to his age when she did, but her brother was nearly eight moons old before he first shifted. So who knew when he would. "You know...I was about your age when I shifted...if I remember I was six moons." She moved to each stale pouring the water into each container. Once her task was done she put the bucket beneath some shelving then looked back to Prip, "It's kinda odd to think about things from my past..." she gave a big smile, "It doesn't seem that long ago...but in reality, that was nearly..." She began to think about the time. It was coming on winter, and so she then added the moons, "Well..I think I should learn some human time...as it would be a whole winter and 3 moons ago...but I don't know how well you understand my time line compared to a human time line." Her ears went back as she felt her cheeks go red. This pup probably thinks I'm a complete idiot...surely that means something if I feel stupid compared to a pup..I must be a complete fool!" She could feel her anxiety go up all of a sudden and her stomach was beginning to twist. She realized it was her doing this to herself, but somehow she had trouble controlling her own self-hatred.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Pripyat tried to follow the woman's words, but they became fuzzy and confusing. Mooncycles, months, it was all the same, wasn't it? Either way it seemed he was too young to help, or maybe it was only because she was two legged and he stood there on four. However his heart did not sink, for even if he would have liked to help he knew there were other ways he could do his part. Maybe not here in the barn but someplace else. Pripyat would have let the thought slip away if Adonia didn't keep talking of human time and shifting. She shifted at his age? Well why then couldn’t he? And how long ago was that? She seemed embarrassed to count in moon cycles but Pripyat smiled quizzically, almost embarrassed but too easy going to show it much. "I don't really either… I don't even know all the months.” Just the one he was born in a few others. He had picked up the words from where he couldn’t quite remember. Jefferson maybe, his father was always reading and knew so many things.

Maybe his father would know how to make him shift. If Adonia had shifted by this age then there was no reason that Pripyat couldn’t. Was there? He had never really asked his mother or father about shifting, he only knew that they could and one day he could too. Neither had he been overly eager to try. There hadn’t been a reason, he was happy bounding about the packlands on four legs. Yet on two, with hands, he could do so much more. And maybe it was time he started doing those things. Shyly he looked up at Adonia, his voice a little less sure of himself now. "Do you think I should be able to shift by now?”

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the shortness x.x

As she finished up the loose ends she smiled lightly, then let out a slight laugh, "Ah, who cares right? I mean, moons, months, whatever.."She finished up with the horses and it was as she turned to face the young male she realized her idol thought may have him questioning himself. Her ears went back and didn't say anything as she began to exit the barn to go sit upon a pile of hay watching the horses move about well relaxed and happy. Her eyes glanced over to him as he came around looking at her with his question. Her ears folded tightly back now, "Everyone matures differently..I was perhaps a moon older than you when I did..my brother was eight moons, I think..so I mean, it would be weird if you were a whole year..which a year is known by seasons..I was born in spring..so once winter lets up and spring comes, I'll be two years old then.." She began to babble, letting her thoughts control her words. It was after she mentioned her age did she realize she was. Her head bowed down, and her eyes glanced over to him.

"What season were you born in? Summer or Fall?" She asked curiously, "Fall is full of color..winter is full of cold and snow..spring is full of new flowers..and Summer is hot..very hot....just in case you didn't know.." she let out a slightly nervous laugh

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
SSWM 354.

Pripyat lapsed into silence as Adonia amended her comment. It was okay that he hadn’t shifted yet, he might do so next moon cycle or the moon cycle after that. It was normal, it was natural, but Pripyat still felt inadequate. Would Mother be glad he could shift? Wouldn't Jefferson be proud? Or perhaps not proud, because shifting was normal and he should be able to do it. Despite Adonia's reassurance his heart sank a little at the thought. What if he was never able to shift? He scarcely heard her explanation of seasons, but he knew the seasons. His mind was still focused on shifting, until he realized she had asked a question. Shaking his head free of the negative thoughts he smiled, trying his best to return to his normal, cheery self. "Summer. I was born in the summer. I think. Or late spring.” After all, he had just been a baby then and hadn't gone outside, maybe it had been late spring. The boundary lines for seasons were sometimes blurred.

If I was born in late spring, shouldn't I be able to shift by now? The thought sprang back uninvited. Laying back his ears he tried to chase away the thought again but it persisted, and he found he was simply staring at the stack of hay that Adonia sat upon. His mind argued with its self as he went back and forth between telling himself it was alright he couldn't shift and feeling a like a failure that he couldn't. He would be so much more useful to his mother and father when he could finally shift! That thought bothered him the most. Suppose he never shifted, what would they think of him then?

Snapping back to attention, he turned his eyes on Adonia and smiled sheepishly for allowing so much silence to fall between the two of them. To make amends he cleared his throat, hoping his question didn't sound too forced or fake. He just wished to change the conversation to anything that would distract him from thoughts on shifting. "Adonia, have you always lived in Phoenix Valley?”

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.alletable { border:1px solid #264F3F;background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/1fgums.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:450px;background-color:#C4C9B3;text-align:justify;font-family:georgia;font-size:0.95em; line-height:1.4em;color:#264F3F; margin: 0 auto }
.boxy { padding:10px 10px 180px 10px;}
.boxy p {margin: 0; text-indent:30px; }
.boxy b {color:#8e3768;}</style>

She smiled to the younger wolf as leaned back against the barn and slide down to sit, knees drawn up close to her chest, her arms wrapped around the shines. "Well, you're still very young, I've heard some wolves haven't ever shifted till they were years old..some don't even care too..if you ever really want to try or find yourself having a lot of trouble, I can give you tips my father gave me..but right now, I really wouldn't concern yourself with it too much.." She laid her head down on her knees looking at him with a gentle smile before he head moved to watch the horses again. She was feeling like a social idiot, but hey, he didn't seem to mind her, so she tried not to worry about it.

Her ears pasted back to his question and she pointed her nose down a little, "..well no..I've been a part of Phoenix for a little over six months I think..not quite a year.." Her eyes looked back to him wondering if he had anymore questions. Surely, it wouldn't hurt for her to talk about some of her past, right? I mean what would it hurt. Her ears relaxed a little, a soft shy expression on her features as she waited the pups questions.

[/html]
[html]
This thread is getting oooold XD Wrapping it up ^^ SSWM: 453 .

More encouraging words came from Adonia then, telling him not to worry or wonder about his shifting. It would come, surely. Yet he did not comment on them, accepting them with a smile, but the boy wished to speak no more on that subject. It was private and sore and how he wished he could shift. Once he did, once he learned to shift, he would come back here to meet Adonia and then he would help her with the horses. Then he would show her how useful he was and they could talk while they both fed the animals and cleaned their stalls and whatever else was required of them. Surely Adonia would be pleased with that. But they weren’t to talk of it now, that would only happen in the future. That day was far off and Pripyat let it go for now.

Six months was a long time, longer than he had been alive. Yet for Adonia perhaps it was not so very long. Phoenix Valley was only a small part of her personal story, while it was everything that Pripyat had ever known. Where else had she been and were any of those places closer in her heart than her home now? Pripyat wanted to ask that but held back. Perhaps it would be rude, or perhaps it would stir up memories for Adonia that she didn’t want to think of. Or perhaps it would lead them deep into conversation that they didn’t have time for, and Pripyat felt if they were going to talk about it at all than they should give it the proper time. Instead he simply smiled, his voice light and breezy. "Six months is a long time though, even if it’s not forever.”

His eyes wandered up to the sky, noting the position of the sun. How long had he been here talking to this girl? Was he taking up too much of her time? Pripyat looked to the kind woman, who seemed to enjoy his company enough and decided that if he wanted to stay and speak with her longer, she would humor him, but it was nearing the time Geneva normally brought him dinner and he could feel the pangs of hunger beginning in his stomach. "I should go Adonia, it’s nearly dinner time, but we can talk again like this.” Had fur not covered his face the girl then would have seen the pink rush to his cheeks when he realized how silly that sounded. Yet he had liked talking to her and would like to again, if not today. Bowing his head deeply he turned, looking back once over his shoulder to say "Goodbye,” and then the boy was gone.

[/html]