Help Me Through Tomorrow
[html]

Pripyat tried to follow the woman's words, but they became fuzzy and confusing. Mooncycles, months, it was all the same, wasn't it? Either way it seemed he was too young to help, or maybe it was only because she was two legged and he stood there on four. However his heart did not sink, for even if he would have liked to help he knew there were other ways he could do his part. Maybe not here in the barn but someplace else. Pripyat would have let the thought slip away if Adonia didn't keep talking of human time and shifting. She shifted at his age? Well why then couldn’t he? And how long ago was that? She seemed embarrassed to count in moon cycles but Pripyat smiled quizzically, almost embarrassed but too easy going to show it much. "I don't really either… I don't even know all the months.” Just the one he was born in a few others. He had picked up the words from where he couldn’t quite remember. Jefferson maybe, his father was always reading and knew so many things.

Maybe his father would know how to make him shift. If Adonia had shifted by this age then there was no reason that Pripyat couldn’t. Was there? He had never really asked his mother or father about shifting, he only knew that they could and one day he could too. Neither had he been overly eager to try. There hadn’t been a reason, he was happy bounding about the packlands on four legs. Yet on two, with hands, he could do so much more. And maybe it was time he started doing those things. Shyly he looked up at Adonia, his voice a little less sure of himself now. "Do you think I should be able to shift by now?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread