Pepper Quailchaser {J}
Character Name: Pepper Quailchaser
Character Birthdate: 12/17/2009
Character Gender: Female
Character Species: Mackenzie Valley Wolf
Regular Wolf or Luperci: Regular Wolf
Desired Profession Path, if any: Isn't sure yet.
Secondary form of contact (Skype): chig_wolf
Currently played characters: None. Pepper is my first. :3
How did you hear about 'Souls?: Somewhere on the internet. xD Can't remember.

The pitter patter of the rain echoed over the damp hills as the sun began to set over the Serena reserve. Everything was calm and serene. Pepper trudged drippily over a hill, her head low, her icy, neon blue eyes looking just as mopey and dreary as the sky. If only it was snowing. Pepper was a lover of snow, having been born in the dead of winter due to some poor planning by her parents. She had never felt cold in the snow even when she was a young pup. She just felt happy seeing those tiny individual flakes falling slowly from the immense, grey sky. She loved the way they coated her fur and tickled her nose. She loved the way the snow smelled when she nosed her way through the light, fluffy blanket. She loved the way you could stand in a grove of trees where it would be so silent until just one flake would throw off the equilibrium of a tree branch and send a load of snow tumbling to the ground, surprising Pepper and sending her yipping away until she realized that it was just snow. The lack of snow retreated to the back of her mind as she moved onward. She was becoming more and more nervous as the scent from the border of the AniWaya tribe floated closer and closer.

Pepper had known from a very early age that one day she would have to leave her parents and her two younger sisters to join a pack away from them. Her parents, Raven Moonbeam and Sara Quailchaser had always assured her of that. They had been young and in love several years ago when they met within their previous pack. Blinded by that love but afraid of commitment, they had committed adultery late in the season and had been discovered by Pepper's grandfather. They had been banished by their highly conservative pack, Raven had been stripped of the family name of Moonbeam, and the two were left alone to raise their pups as winter quickly approached. Pepper was the only one to survive out of Raven and Sara's first litter of pups. The young lovers always regretted their decision that isolated their family from other packs and vowed to not let their children make the same mistakes. They remained a small roaming family with their second small litter of two girls, Sea and Shine, and encouraged Pepper to venture out and find a new pack so she could have a normal life within a community of wolves.

So here Pepper stood, grey fur flecked with the black speckles that had given her her name, dripping with the rain that fell relentlessly on her back, anxious and nervous and excited and scared all at the same time just outside the border of AniWaya. She lifted her snout in the air and paused, second guessing her decision to even join this pack at all. She dropped her nose just for a moment and then, bracing herself, raised it once more and let out a half-hearted howl.

"That was so weak," she muttered to herself, pacing back and forth along the boundary line, beating herself mentally for not being stronger. She stopped and raised her snout again in a more decisive, determined howl that carried across the sopping hills.

{Ooc: Sorry if this is bad! I haven't had a chance to RolePlay in a super long time but I'm just getting back into it! Thanks for considering me! Big Grin}

{Ooc EDIT: Okay I have just been informed that it is in fact NOT snowing currently in Nova Scotia. I will come and edit this shortly but I have to go do some things and I don't have time to edit it now. And I'm kinda bummed that I can't use all my snow description so I'm going to leave it up for a little bit longer so everyone can bask in it's awesome-ness until I have to take it down. ;3}

{{Ooc EDIT: Okay, NOW it's all fixed. I think. Hopefully. Kthxbai.}}

Messages In This Thread