Pepper Quailchaser {J}
Character Name: Pepper Quailchaser
Character Birthdate: 12/17/2009
Character Gender: Female
Character Species: Mackenzie Valley Wolf
Regular Wolf or Luperci: Regular Wolf
Desired Profession Path, if any: Isn't sure yet.
Secondary form of contact (Skype): chig_wolf
Currently played characters: None. Pepper is my first. :3
How did you hear about 'Souls?: Somewhere on the internet. xD Can't remember.

The pitter patter of the rain echoed over the damp hills as the sun began to set over the Serena reserve. Everything was calm and serene. Pepper trudged drippily over a hill, her head low, her icy, neon blue eyes looking just as mopey and dreary as the sky. If only it was snowing. Pepper was a lover of snow, having been born in the dead of winter due to some poor planning by her parents. She had never felt cold in the snow even when she was a young pup. She just felt happy seeing those tiny individual flakes falling slowly from the immense, grey sky. She loved the way they coated her fur and tickled her nose. She loved the way the snow smelled when she nosed her way through the light, fluffy blanket. She loved the way you could stand in a grove of trees where it would be so silent until just one flake would throw off the equilibrium of a tree branch and send a load of snow tumbling to the ground, surprising Pepper and sending her yipping away until she realized that it was just snow. The lack of snow retreated to the back of her mind as she moved onward. She was becoming more and more nervous as the scent from the border of the AniWaya tribe floated closer and closer.

Pepper had known from a very early age that one day she would have to leave her parents and her two younger sisters to join a pack away from them. Her parents, Raven Moonbeam and Sara Quailchaser had always assured her of that. They had been young and in love several years ago when they met within their previous pack. Blinded by that love but afraid of commitment, they had committed adultery late in the season and had been discovered by Pepper's grandfather. They had been banished by their highly conservative pack, Raven had been stripped of the family name of Moonbeam, and the two were left alone to raise their pups as winter quickly approached. Pepper was the only one to survive out of Raven and Sara's first litter of pups. The young lovers always regretted their decision that isolated their family from other packs and vowed to not let their children make the same mistakes. They remained a small roaming family with their second small litter of two girls, Sea and Shine, and encouraged Pepper to venture out and find a new pack so she could have a normal life within a community of wolves.

So here Pepper stood, grey fur flecked with the black speckles that had given her her name, dripping with the rain that fell relentlessly on her back, anxious and nervous and excited and scared all at the same time just outside the border of AniWaya. She lifted her snout in the air and paused, second guessing her decision to even join this pack at all. She dropped her nose just for a moment and then, bracing herself, raised it once more and let out a half-hearted howl.

"That was so weak," she muttered to herself, pacing back and forth along the boundary line, beating herself mentally for not being stronger. She stopped and raised her snout again in a more decisive, determined howl that carried across the sopping hills.

{Ooc: Sorry if this is bad! I haven't had a chance to RolePlay in a super long time but I'm just getting back into it! Thanks for considering me! Big Grin}

{Ooc EDIT: Okay I have just been informed that it is in fact NOT snowing currently in Nova Scotia. I will come and edit this shortly but I have to go do some things and I don't have time to edit it now. And I'm kinda bummed that I can't use all my snow description so I'm going to leave it up for a little bit longer so everyone can bask in it's awesome-ness until I have to take it down. ;3}

{{Ooc EDIT: Okay, NOW it's all fixed. I think. Hopefully. Kthxbai.}}
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawalilupus b {font-weight:bold; color:#e2d3b7; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.dawalilupus-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:center; }.dawalilupus p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 5px; margin:0px;}.dawalilupus {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#52602c; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e5bd7a; padding: 5px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e5bd7a; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

Hi there! Sorry for taking a while to respond, I'm currently preparing for some heavy exams at uni, so my brain is all messed up Smile) The eagle is Gvihita, Dawali's spirit guide, and she is unfortunately not visible to your character - just so you know! Smile

He turned and looked upwards when the sound reached his ears, searching for the form of the avian who so often guided him when strangers approached their borders. Gvihita was close, but yet far away; the altitude at which she flew was not even calculable to him, her large form a barely visible spot up high, where she soared lazily on warm winds. There were fewer and fewer of these warm winds, and she took advantage of any whenever she found one. It seemed like the sea helped postpone the snow from these parts, and Dawali was glad for that. The river fish were still present, but he expected ice anytime soon. Not because he had experienced it so early in these parts before, but because he dreaded it. He was not very good at ignoring what he dreaded.

He moved in large, swift strides as Gvihita moved overhead, and another howl — more determined this time — could be heard on the winds as he jogged. He didn't follow his nose anymore, almost. Still, though, he could tell when he was nearing the stranger. The familiar scent of AniWaya mixed in with that of someone he did not know told him he was getting closer, and soon Gvihita was circling over a specific spot just outside the fences that marked the beginning of their territories. As he broke through the trees and onto the much more open field, he spotted the lone's figure and raised one arm in greeting, ever moving closer, and stopping only when close enough for conversation. He wore a polite smile on his muzzle, and greeted the other with something between a bow and a nod. "Hello there. The name's Dawali, I'm the Chief of AniWaya back there," he said, pointing with one thumb to the lands behind him. "What is your mission in coming here?"

[/html]
|| Ooc: No problem! Sorry I've taken so long to respond as well! Been working all day. xD ||

Pepper was pacing absentmindedly when the crunching of an approaching figure made her jump side ways a bit before whirling around to face the chief. Her ears laid back across her head and her tail lower itself against her back legs. Pepper crawled in a crouched stance closer to the tall, formidable man. Pepper had never seen a Luperci but had heard stories of them from her parents. They were much taller than she had expected. Pepper grasped at what little confidence she had left and spoke,

"Greetings, Chief Dawali, I am Pepper Quailchaser from a wandering pack." Pepper spoke with respectful confidence as she recited the greeting she had worked on since the day she left her family to find a new pack. "It is my parents' as well as my own wish that I join a different, more established pack to learn the skills necessary to be an asset to my community and my future descendants. My family did not have the resources necessary to train me in such skills so I have come to AniWaya to ask for membership in this pack. I believe you will find my talents to be fairly adequate but know that I am also a quick learner. I humbly ask for your acceptance, Chief Dawali." Pepper knelt even lower to the ground and shifted her gaze to the damp earth, her breath caught in her throat. The young wolf said silent prayers to whatever Gods might have been listening as she awaited an answer.
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawalilupus b {font-weight:bold; color:#e2d3b7; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.dawalilupus-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:center; }.dawalilupus p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 5px; margin:0px;}.dawalilupus {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#52602c; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e5bd7a; padding: 5px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e5bd7a; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

All work and no (role)play makes Marit a dull girl. Also just a note; I saw in your profile that your character's age is listed as 18, but her birthdate is in 2009. Maybe you forgot a comma or something? Smile

At first he thought she sought to become another face in his pack, but when he heard the first sentence she uttered, he wondered if she was not on a diplomatic mission. Was there another new pack settling that he didn't know of? He really should learn to pay more attention. However his assumptions were soon corrected as the female continued, and he felt a quick little wave of relief. He was not completely out of his game, after all. Listening intently, Dawali nodded, but as the female finished her little proposal, he did arch an eyebrow. Was she seeking training? Her words had been clear; she sought membership. But for whose gain? She could mean one of two things; that she sought to join them permanently, or that she sought their knowledge, only to return to her own family at length. "I see," he said, scratching his chin as he gave it a quick moments' thought. It was without success; he could not decide on which assumption was more likely to be the truth. "Tell me, what are your intentions? Do you seek to rejoin your family at a later point in time?" Proud of his tribe and the knowledge collected by the elders and passed down through generations, he was not going to allow this one to join if this "community" she sought to become an asset to was not his own tribe, but her former, and seemingly lesser pack. He would not train her only to see her make use of that knowledge elsewhere. It was not greed; he simply could not afford to put energy into someone who would not return the gest in time.

[/html]
The chief's question was legitimate and Pepper beat herself mentally for not being more clear. She wanted the best for her family, especially her sisters. But her parents were sure that they could never be accepted in a real pack with their history. Pepper remembered the horrible argument that she had had with her parents just days before she was to leave to find a pack.

"I don't understand! How can you think, after this long, that you could never be accepted into another pack?!" Pepper barked from across the clearing. Petal and Dawn huddled at their mother's feet, shivering with fear. What had made sissy so angry?

"You are just a child, you wouldn't understand!" Raven charged towards her and Pepper lowered herself to the ground, lifting her chin to expose her bare neck. The submission she was forced to show by instinct did not reach her eyes, however. She glared determinedly at her father's dark brown eyes. He growled low and frighteningly. The girls buried their faces in their mother's fur.

"I think you are making a mistake, Father." It wasn't an accusation, it was a suggestion. Raven backed up a little and let his snarl fade.

"This is the path we chose when we made our grave mistake," he said sadly, looking back at his mate and pups. Sara looked back with equally sad but loving eyes. "It is too late for us," he whispered, turning back to his eldest daughter, "but you still have your innocence. You must go find a pack to be a part of because we cannot. For a young pup like you, it is essential that you hone your skills and become a part of a society. This is why you must go and we must stay."

Pepper looked into her father's eyes and said softly, "I will find a pack that you can be a part of some day. I promise."

Pepper shook the image out of her head. No, she would not return to her family, but she would never stop caring for them. She would never stop looking for a place where they could live as a part of a pack once more.

"I do not wish to rejoin my family. There is nothing left for me with them. I may visit them from time to time if that coincides with your pack rules, however..." Pepper petered off, anticlimactically. He was so tall!

Pepper could have never prepared herself for a being this large and intimidating. It wasn't that she had never seen anything this big and tall before. Pepper had hunted a bison before, though it was the most terrifying and exhilarating moment of her life. But bison were dumb. This man was strong and wise. Probably more wise than Pepper could ever hope to be.
</style>

Ah! If you need any help on those wolf/human years, we have a nice little chart right here!
Welcome! I'll title you up as Itse (the general rank) and whenever you decide on a profession path, just PM me and we'll change it Smile Does that sound good?

Dawali waited patiently for the short moments that passed before her answer. They went unnoticed, like most silences between words and sentences do, unless stretched too long. This one was not, and he quickly decided on which assumption to go for from his previous dilemma. He never had been one to not trust someone; if they gave him their word, he would believe that until any sign was given that it was false. This was what he had been taught, and if he could not respect another wolf enough to trust them, then he failed his community as a leader. After all; could he expect them to trust him, if he did not trust them? He smiled politely at the other as he replied, always conscious about politeness. Sure, he was a leader, but everything went both ways, did it not? "I will believe you. I am sure you know why I asked," he said, briefly pausing. It was not meant as a reprimand or any kind of display of his rank, though he knew that it could easily be perceived that way. "Willingness to learn is just about the most important thing in someone, or so my father always said. If you want, you can join me; I'm headed back to the village again. There are huts there which you can make a den, or you can create your own; do as you please." The walk back was always an opportunity to get to know someone. He found that the better he knew his tribesmembers, the more faith they seemed to have in him.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

|| Ooc ;; Ohmygoodness, thank you so much! :3 I'm so excited, I almost can't stand it! xD Just a few questions, I've read up on the way time works around here but I'm still kind of confused. Could I go post in a different thread in Muggles even though I technically haven't gotten there yet? And is there a way to align posts into the center? I can't find anything that says how to in the BBC code. And how did you get your awesome Post Template? I've never seen those on any of the other Roleplaying sites I've been to but I want one. xD Sorry if these are dumb questions! I tried to do as much research as possible but sometimes you just need someone to explain it. xP Thanks! ||

Pepper awaited the chieftain's answer, her breath caught in her nose, making her want to sneeze. She resisted, however. Sneezing did not seem appropriate in this situation. The Luperci spoke and Pepper listened eagerly. She did know why he had asked, being a somewhat natural born leader herself. In the right situation of course; she would never usurp another leader's position. If it had been her, Pepper would have thought that perhaps a newcomer would want to take advantage of a pack's resources and then use them for their own gain. She would've wanted to make sure she chose someone who would be an asset, not a hindrance.

Dawali continued and Pepper felt her insides lift a little as he complimented her. And then felt them flip as he invited her back to the pack with him. She felt she must be getting tricked because no one would ever want to take in a ragged young pup like her. Standing up a little hesitantly, Pepper returned his polite smile and wagged her tail a little bit. She was careful not to let any noise escape her throat, not wanting to seem too eager or young.

"Thank you, sir! I will do my absolute best!" Pepper piped. She approached the fence and shimmied her way through the small opening to stand by Chief Dawali's side. She looked up at him for a moment (he was so tall!) and wagged her tail a little bit more. Her nerves were sinking away and Pepper's curiosity was starting to emerge. What was it like to be a Luperci? How old was Dawali? How long had he been chief? What was his history? Had he been through any wars? Was he all wolf or one of those half wolves that Pepper had heard of? These questions and more bounced around her young skull as she became more and more excited about the adventures to come.