Endless hopes
[html]

Urgh, sorry for the wait. 415 words...

This was just all so awkward for the russet puppy! One second she felt shy and a little heartbroken, whereas the next she felt chatty and smiley toward Niro, her father. It was an odd combination that made Poppy feel strange... She didn't like it all that much, to be perfectly honest. Perhaps the fact that Niro was here right now and that he actually seemed to want a relationship with Poppy and her sisters would make it worth the while, though. Only time would really tell.

"Making people laugh is fun!" she agreed excitedly. Poppy loved making people laugh, that was true. It definitely did make her feel good and as she stood there on all fours, she couldn't help but wonder if he was a funny wolf, too.

Poppy had already deducted that he was a nice one, considering he hadn't completely abandoned her just yet, but he hadn't been too funny at this point and that made Poppy wonder what he was keeping hidden from her. She wanted to know him! Everything about him! Sure it didn't really feel like it right now, but her was her father and she... she wanted him to be her daddy.

Poppy did notice the slight bit of emotion slip up from under that stone mask of his when she asked if he'd missed his three daughters, but it wasn't anything she believed deserved her attention. The fact that he had missed them was enough to make her grin. "Well." she stated as-a-matter-of-factly, "I missed you too and I think Foxglove and Magnolia did too!" So they hadn't exactly missed him considering they'd never really gotten a chance to know him, but they missed the idea of not having a father present in their lives. To Poppy though, the two were the same thing.

Did Poppy like birds? The question was a little random, and the russet wolf wasn't sure what to make of it. Birds were fun to chase, at least the smaller ones that were too afraid to chase her back but in general they weren't bad.

"Birds are fun! A few days ago I saw one flying above my home! I don't know the name... it was all black!" she informed him. Maybe he could tell her the name of the black bird she'd seen? It wasn't too big, but it made a loud 'CAW' sound!" she said, trying her best to imitate the bird call and failing quite miserably might I add.

<style type="text/css">
.poppyfield .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#5c4527}
.poppyfield .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding:8px; color:#5c4527}
.poppyfield b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #5c4527 1px 1px 1px; color:#980b03; letter-spacing:1px; }
.poppyfield {margin:0 auto; width:364px; background-color:#91a686; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2vrwjkh.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px dotted #980b03; padding: 0px 0px 210px 0px; font-family: tahoma; font-size:12px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread