Determination is for the Foolish
[html]

It came as no surprise to the gray Pundit that the Marino clan had thrived. Almost two years ago, when Geneva had departed the ranks of Crimson Dreams, Savina Marino had been expecting her first litter. The gray lady knew that the Crimson Dreams leader would be a good mother. It seemed that things had come full circle for Geneva too, for she had bore a son of her own, although much later than her fellows in Crimson Dreams.

”I knew your father when I lived in Crimson Dreams,” she said with a smile upon learning Aro’s parentage. She had seen Jazper a few times here and there since coming to Phoenix Valley to stay, but those times had been spread out across that time. She was glad that the gentle giant had a family of his own now. She knew that that had been one of Jazper’s priorities for a long time, and had heard news of his sadness when his dark furred coyote mate had left him.

”This way,” the Pundit said with a small smile, motioning the Marino yearling into her territory. He was welcome to follow her. At an easy pace, the small boned gray lady led him to an empty cabin on the outskirts of the territory. They would be able to find adequate shelter from the cold and the elements there. She had brought Davyn Nefae here to rest when he had first come upon the borders of Phoenix Valley. ”It is a little dusty,” she said as she entered the rustic dwelling, a bit of an apology in her words. ”But it is otherwise clean and warm.”

She claimed a spot on the floor in front of the empty hearth and motioned with an incline of her head for him to sit wherever he would be comfortable, then she restarted their previous conversation. ”The Patriarch and ‘alpha’ of Phoenix Valley is Jefferson Soul, my mate.” The silvery lady smiled wryly with her next words. ”He isn’t the most personable creature, and prefers to get business over with quickly in order to pursue his own peace of mind.” That was the best way she could put it. Unless Aro were to return to Phoenix Valley bearing important diplomatic news, she did not think that Jefferson would make very much time for him.

[/html]

WC 389

Messages In This Thread