Determination is for the Foolish
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.arogreen b {font-weight:bold; color:#40492c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.arogreen p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.arogreen {width:400px;border:1px solid #2a520e;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... ow/aro.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:235px;background-color:#8fa45f;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#2a520e;}
</style>

Either Jefferson and Geneva will do XP

Ambition was one word that could describe what fueled this mission Aro had, and as the cold set it he wished he'd turn around and go back home, but he was being foolish. He wanted to prove to himself he could to it. It had been nearly a month since he was home...or was it just a few weeks? He didn't know, all he knew was he hadn't met with a single pack leader yet, and he wanted to meet them all. One pack was on his mind though, Inferni. He feared the pack in a way. Were they as mean and ruthless as rumors said? Perhaps he should ask the leaders of each pack before he dared approach near the borders. The more he thought about how long he was out here the more he settled on just a few weeks. He had just been in Halifax, met quite the female...and had a bit of an adventure with her, and now he was off to the first pack, Phoenix Valley. From what he understood they were as neutral as his pack..or was that a rumor too? Hell he didn't, but that was another reason he was out here too. He wanted to find truths. His mother had attempted to instill fear, and darn it! He wasn't going to fall for that.

As Aro Marino approached the borders he licked his lips nervously and clenched his pack tighter, so tight he could feel the blood restriction in his knuckles. He loosened the grip some. His mind blank for a moment until a cold chill rushed over his fur cutting to his skin. Do I howl? Surely I don't just stand here like a bumbling fool! He looked around wondering if there was anyone around to see him standing here like a dim wit. ..if I howl, do I just call for the alpha? What if they are busy and I'm interrupting something..." Anger set into the Marino C'mon! What the hell am I being self-conscious for! They're a leader, they should come, that is part of their job! With that he took a heavy sigh and raised his muzzle, pointing it to the sky. Aro had only howled a few times in his life, and that was during puppy hood. He had never howled to call for anyone, so this was the first. His voice was a nice deep tone near the middle then faded out to a less deep, but not quite high pitched tone. He hoped for a pack leader, as it was his goal to meet with packs and understand them, and who better than the leaders, right?

[/html]
[html]

Table by Jenny. Hi there. If you ever want a thread with me (or Lin!) in the future, please PM us to let us know you've posted something. We could have even plotted or something ^^

Geneva traversed the borders in her normal pattern. It was a daily routine for the Pundit in recent days. Having resumed her role as a subleader, she had also picked up some of the slack. She actually found that walking through the newly fallen snow and frost bitten ground cleared her mind. She still shivered in the cold, but it was something that she could ignore after a while. If she moved enough, she was able warm her body.

The silvery female looked as she heard a howl. Then the olive eyed woman decided to go toward the source with curiosity in her mind. Who would be calling at this point? It was not a voice she recognized. After reaching her destination, she laid eyes upon a younger wolf. "What do you need?" Geneva asked mildly.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.arogreen {width:400px;border:1px solid #2a520e;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... ow/aro.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:235px;background-color:#8fa45f;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#2a520e;}
</style>

X.X Sorry, I tend to do things on a whim XD

Aro still had a lot of growing up to do, and a lot to learn still. It was all lack of experience, it was natural as his mother kept him sheltered, and his father didn't really help when it came to exposing him to the outside world. He wasn't angry about this, and really he didn't know he was naive and arrogant. He was a boy, a boy with ambition and his mother's hot-headed anger. Quite a bad combination, really, but it was his heart that kept him in balance, an intricate balance indeed. As the 'patient' Aro Marino waited on a call, or someone to show he folded his arms over his chest as the cold finally began to nip into him. Damn.. He was beginning to regret his journey and was thinking about leaving the border of this land until he saw the silver female approaching. Is she the leader? He thought to himself just before her mild voice reached his ears. He let out a small shiver then spoke, "Hi...I'm Aro Marino of Crimson Dreams." He shook off his pelt trying to ruffle it up in hopes to stop the wind from penetrating down to his skin, "..I'm exploring the lands, and am interested in meeting with pack leaders to learn about other packs.." He gave a light smile, bowing his head down in respect to her. Judging by her he figured she was one of the higher ranks for sure, but still he tried not to assume things, a hard task indeed for anyone.

[/html]
[html]
Finals + holiday excitement = losing track of time. MERRY XMAS BY THE WAY Big Grin

The younger male stated his intentions clearly. Geneva nodded quietly as he spoke, making a note of the way he shivered from the cold. Her own pelt was thin, leaving her wanting for warmth. Although she was hale and healthy now, her coat still did not grow in thick enough to satisfactorily shield her from the biting cold of the winter winds. But it was something that she could compartmentalize when she had to. As subleader of this pack, she often found herself scouting and keeping watch over the territory she held close to her heart.

"I was a member of Crimson Dreams, although it was some time ago. It was while Naniko D'Angelo led, and Savina was her second." Geneva's lime colored eyes flowed over the younger male, considering before she spoke again. "Are you a relative of Savina, or Ehno? Are they well?" It had been some time since she had heard the surname Marino. Naniko had had a litter with Ehno before, but they had been spread to the wind. Naniko had left, her children had made their own ways, and Ehno had stopped coming around without his children to visit. She had not been able to visit, keeping herself busy with her own growing son and her duties to her pack, but she still thought of Crimson Dreams from time to time. Although some of it had been rocky, she had experienced rest and peace within the pack of Dreamers.

"My name is Geneva Stockholm. I am the Pundit, the subleader, here. If it is your wish, you may walk with me through some of the territory. Or we can seek shelter and talk to one another." She left the decision up to the Marino male. It did not matter to her. She was curious about the happenings of Crimson Dreams, and would not refuse to speak with him, if that was his wish.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

Merry b-lated x-mas. Sorry for the long wait x.x

He had resumed holding himself as another frozen shout of wind came rushing over him coming out of Phoenix valley in a rush to assault him. Being barely a year his body was still making adjustments into his older more mature structure. His adult coat seemed to be coming at a slower rate as it still had more puppy fluff to shed out from beneath the growing guard hairs most mature wild canines tend to hold on their topcoat. As he waited for her to speak, his body was adjusting to the colder weather and trying to warm his body, by making him move. He was starting to notice the more he kept moving the warmer his body felt. Standing here was just draining the warmth from his body because of his heart at rest. It snapped him out of this thought when she spoke, and what she first said caught him off guard in a way, not expecting the first thing to come from her would be how she used to live in his homeland. After the initial shock of her words a smile cracked on his features. She knew of his family and it seemed in good nature as well. He didn't expect to meet a family friend, even though it seemed they weren't as close or surely he would have heard of this silver woman.

Still holding his warm smile he spoke in his ever deepening voice, "Why yes, Ehno Marino happens to be my uncle, and Savina Marino is my aunt. I'm the son of Ghita Marino and Jazper Rhiannon-Knight." He kept it fairly formal feeling it was the most proper way to talk with a leader..even if she were just a sub-leader. He was on their lands, and as far as he was concerned she was above him as he was but a guest on her lands. "As last I have known both are in great health..my aunt is actually my leader.." He gave a light chuckle. As their conversation continued onto the subject of his business within Phoenix Valley, "It is my pleasure to meet you Geneva, I hope I am not a burden by coming here without notice.." He added toward the end. For a moment he had to think long and hard about the decision she offered him. Walking could warm him back up...perhaps they could walk? However, he found the other choice much more appealing. "Sure, I'd like to seek shelter to warm up for a bit." He smiled slightly sheepish feeling weakened by nature's forces. "I know I'll definitely have to come back when the weather warms back up." He laughed then, "Perhaps then I can meet the other leader as well.."

His tail gave a light wag to the woman. He was happy to have met anyone, with thoughts of going home, he didn't want to go back without at least meeting one pack leader or his trip would have been mal an void. The whole reason he had left Crimson was to get to know all the Pack Leaders. To come back fruitless would reflect his abilities, and he couldn't have that.

[/html]
[html]

It came as no surprise to the gray Pundit that the Marino clan had thrived. Almost two years ago, when Geneva had departed the ranks of Crimson Dreams, Savina Marino had been expecting her first litter. The gray lady knew that the Crimson Dreams leader would be a good mother. It seemed that things had come full circle for Geneva too, for she had bore a son of her own, although much later than her fellows in Crimson Dreams.

”I knew your father when I lived in Crimson Dreams,” she said with a smile upon learning Aro’s parentage. She had seen Jazper a few times here and there since coming to Phoenix Valley to stay, but those times had been spread out across that time. She was glad that the gentle giant had a family of his own now. She knew that that had been one of Jazper’s priorities for a long time, and had heard news of his sadness when his dark furred coyote mate had left him.

”This way,” the Pundit said with a small smile, motioning the Marino yearling into her territory. He was welcome to follow her. At an easy pace, the small boned gray lady led him to an empty cabin on the outskirts of the territory. They would be able to find adequate shelter from the cold and the elements there. She had brought Davyn Nefae here to rest when he had first come upon the borders of Phoenix Valley. ”It is a little dusty,” she said as she entered the rustic dwelling, a bit of an apology in her words. ”But it is otherwise clean and warm.”

She claimed a spot on the floor in front of the empty hearth and motioned with an incline of her head for him to sit wherever he would be comfortable, then she restarted their previous conversation. ”The Patriarch and ‘alpha’ of Phoenix Valley is Jefferson Soul, my mate.” The silvery lady smiled wryly with her next words. ”He isn’t the most personable creature, and prefers to get business over with quickly in order to pursue his own peace of mind.” That was the best way she could put it. Unless Aro were to return to Phoenix Valley bearing important diplomatic news, she did not think that Jefferson would make very much time for him.

[/html]

WC 389
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

x.x slay me now..lol. Sorry for your wait..

The youth followed her quietly and calmly into the shelter. His eyes looked it over when she mentioned how dusty it was, "Oh, it is no problem, ma'am...thank you.." He gave her a warm genuine smile. He sat easily in front of her with an Indian styled sit. His ears perked lightly to her words as she began to speak of the pack leader, or Patriarch in this pack. "Well, everyone has their own personality, perhaps we could arrange a meeting, so that I am not just intruding into his personal time? I know I quickly found the winter a bad time to explore.." He gave a light laughter. It didn't take long for his thoughts wondered back to her statement of knowing his father. Ears perked as he searched to meet her eyes curiously "So..were you and my father friends? I'm almost curious about how my father was at my age.." His ears perked curiously to her, "...unless you didn't know my father at that age.." A light sheepish grin fell onto the young male. He loved the pursuit of knowledge, particularly history and theories. It seemed each pack was formed on the pursuit of knowledge or theory. Well, at least what he knew of so far. As he thought more, he began to wonder, "What does Phoenix Valley stand for as a pack, if I may ask?" It was then he realized he was going in no particular order of questions. His mind wondering from one subject to another. It was then his ears folded back and he lowered his head, "I'm sorry..my questions are just all over the place.." He raised an arm scratching nervously behind his head.

[/html]
Jazper's son was an inquisitive fellow. It demonstrated a bit of his youth. It seemed that he became so excited that seemed to trip over his tongue trying to get all of his thoughts out in the open. She found it charming, although a bit guileless. She was glad that Aro had run across her instead of Jefferson. Her mate would not have harmed the boy at all, but he had less patience and had the propensity to be less civil, unless he was in rare form.

Geneva laughed before answering Jazper's son's question. "I first met your father more than two years ago. The thing I remember best about him, other than his imposing size, is his tremendous musical talent." When Geneva had lived within Haven Mansion, she had often run into Jazper and would find him tuning one of his instruments. In fact, she had given him her father's harmonica, one of the last relics she had had of him. Geneva was many things, but musically inclined was not one of them.

"Your questions are fine," Geneva responded. They were all surface level questions, and Aro had not overstepped his bounds at all as a visitor. His parents had raised him well, as far as the female could tell. But she would expect nothing less from Jazper. "Phoenix Valley could be thought of in many ways," Geneva mused. Her mate called this pack a collection of fools and dreamers, but Geneva did not speak those words aloud, although a small smile curved her mouth as she thought of Jefferson. "Phoenix Valley is built upon simplicity. From what I understand, the way we live is similar to the way humans lived when they were in rural environments. We are quiet, and tight knit. We do what we need to in order to get by."