Broken Promises
[html]

A well muscled and tones arm extended around the smaller youths shoulders as he pointed at the book regarding bows. Saluce had noticed his nack for carving wood, so he’d give him his first assignment, he’d make a bow and if it suited Saluce then he’d pass, if not he would be tasked with trying again. Somehow the behemoth felt truly alone again, like he had when he first arrived on these shores with his intentions to trek across the great Continent, the new world, on his way to the Pacific ocean. Then he had guessed by the time he reached the great ocean he’d be too old to return back to England.. Even if he could, he could have returned to france, revoked his ties to England and could have prospered there but now he was an ocean away from that world of formalities and traditions. This world was wild, and he needed time to get out.

“I want you to work very hard after reading this book. The book describes what types of wood and how to fashion a short or long bow. The stronger the bow the better, you can always make your arms, shoulders and body stronger but once the bow is made it cannot however. When I return I’d like to see how your efforts have turned out.”This was the task set before Saul. The great grey wolf hadn’t been deaf to his words or even the sympathy coming off him but he didn’t feel it necessary to acknowledge it. A time would come when the young boy would be a man and he’d have to be the rock of his pack. The dependable soul who gave everything and expected nothing, Saluce already felt he himself was doing that but was it what he really wanted?

“I’m not sure. I think I’m just going to wander around for awhile, meet some new faces. Try to let things calm here before I return. Not sure if I’m running away from questions or if I’m going away to find out what I want. Only thing I know for sure is I just need to leave for a bit.” With that he stood fully, strapping his swords around his waist. The great twin blades he had made for himself sat low on his waist, the great weight of the two pulling the leather strap down. Saluce didn’t imagine he’d need anything else to travel with. His form turned back to Saul wondering what the young boy was thinking. Wondering if he could also turn this situation into a learning experience for him, he would soon be knocking on the doorstep of adulthood and all the privileges and burdens that came with it. Maybe it was time to teach him of other things as well.

“Come with me at least to the borders. There are a few things I’d like to discuss on my way. Topics that I feel a soon to be adult needs to discuss”

<style>
.eclipse-text {padding:0px 15px;}
.eclipse {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.eclipse b {color:#4b4066; font-weight:bold;}
.eclipse {width:380px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#040404; background-image:url(http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/677/souls50.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:270px 0px 6px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#336563; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread