Broken Promises
[html]
ooc;; <3

Saul was no child, but he had never been in love. He had never really had a crush and he didnt understand adult marriages and mateship. He was sure that either one day it would be explained to him, or he would work it out on his own. He didnt really want to consider what was going on in Saluce's marriage, or lack of one now, because he didnt understand it. He knew that wolves loved each other, but that was about as far as it went. In a similar way Saul didnt exactly understand why Conor and Bris weren't married- it was obvious they loved each other. So he would leave it for now, and perhaps when Saluce returned he would had the right questions to ask if he wanted to know more.

The grey males words broke through his speculations and he glanced down at the books he had scooped from the table. A bow, he said? Saul cast his mind back to a few weeks ago when he had been hunting with Conor- the copper male had mentioned traps. Although bows and traps were a long way from each other in appearance and technique, Saul understood that both could be used to successfully catch food for Dahlia. Saul nodded softly at his instructions, used to having large tasks like this from the male. It wasnt anything new to the male, but it was new to be doing it alone. He understood that he needed to learn this and he also needed to become more independant. Perhaps making a bow on his own would help.

"By the time you come home, I'll be shooting down deer from a mile away!"

He joked and it seemed very bittersweet in his mouth. Saluce deigned to answer his question then and Saul was slightly shocked that his teacher didnt know where he was going to go. Saul had always seen the man as very together and organised, even if his shop was a mess sometimes. He usually had a plan of what they would be doing when Saul came to his shop. To hear that his teacher planned on wandering for a bit was odd for the young man to hear. Still, green eyes watched as he strapped his twin swords around his waist, an indicator that he was preparing to leave shortly. Saluce rarely went anywhere without these blades.

"I'd come with your if I thought it would help. But I think you need this time alone with your thoughts. I hope you don't run into any trouble!"

This mix of emotions made the young man smile- the seriousness of his offer to the joking tones of the last sentence. He was more cut up about Saluce leaving than he let on and he tried to keep it light hearted as he watched the grey blacksmith gather his things. Words once again came to him from Saluce and he nodded with a smile on his face. He would like very much to follow his teacher to the borders and bid him farewell, and if he was willing to hand over a few more nuggets of information or knowledge then Saul felt lucky at least. He nodded with a small smile and stepped aside to allow his teacher to lead the way.

"Of course Saluce."

He murmered, holding his arm out to indicate his teacher to lead. Saul didnt know what the male had to teach him but he was willing to learn. Always willing to learn.

word count;; 586

"speech"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread