caught in this tangled maze
[html]

I have to be back at work soon and this post is a little rushed D: Let me know if something doesn't make sense? (wc: 290)

The answers to Theodoric’s questions were solved by the appearance of Liliana. Who better to help with his project than the Nadie Tadita herself? “A pleasure to see you too, Liliana! How have you been?” He returned her salutation warmly, and went over to where she stood. Other than the winter ceremonies, he hadn’t seen much of the horsewoman since the day she’d greeted him at the borders. Which was a shame, because he had enjoyed her company and advice.

“Say, do you know anything about making horse blankets?” He went ahead and brought up the purpose of his visit to the stable today. New projects always invigorated him, and the Gatlvska was eager to put his loom to work. He went on to explain, “I was in here grooming Duncan and Suthen the other day, and noticed that it can get quite chilly. I mean, it is winter and all. Anyway, I didn’t see any blankets in the supply room, and I’d like to try to make some.” A saddle blanket was a simple thing, just a rectangle with padding. A blanket for warmth was a different matter, because something that fit poorly would be more of a hindrance than a help.

He could, of course, just churn out a bunch of fabric with roughly the right weave and then go from there. Theodoric, however, liked to have a plan before proceeding with the actual weaving. Otherwise, he had found, the weaver ended up wasting fabric and doing a lot of wasted work in the process. No, much better to have a plan first. “I was just measuring Suthen, to get an idea where to start. I’ve no idea for some of the horses though… they’re so much bigger.”

<style type="text/css">
.theocastles b {font-weight:bold; color:#7B866E; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.theocastles-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.theocastles p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.theocastles {margin:0 auto; width:456px; background-color:#E1E9EB; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... oscots.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #80ADB3; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#79AAB1; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread