caught in this tangled maze
[html]

(wc: 334)

Theodoric didn’t know the specifics of Liliana’s joy, but he supported the notion that good things ought to happen to good people. Only rarely was this actually the case, but he smiled in return nevertheless. “I’ve been well, thank you.” And it was true, things had been going well for Theodoric. His hut was warm and homey in the winter cold; his looms were set up and he was weaving again. Having the owl kept him going outside often to hunt, and the ponies were a joy to spoil. Theodoric hadn’t yet made any fast friends, but he now had several friendly acquaintances, which was enough for the moment.

He wasn’t surprised that Liliana’s knowledge was more catered to the training of horses than the outfitting of them. “I’d appreciated whatever help you’re willing to give me,” he replied gratefully. Even though she didn’t know exactly how to make blankets, her knowledge of how horses were put together would be necessary to come up with a usable pattern. Theodoric was a weaver, not a tailor – he could sew, but only if he knew very clearly what he was trying to make. Liliana could help with that, if she was willing to give him a hand.

“I might be able to adapt the measurements we take today into hand sizes later, but I’ll have to start with something I’m more used to first.” That was a good idea though, he could just make blankets for a specific hand size instead of custom fitting each blanket; which would be a lot easier for him. The blankets wouldn’t fit perfectly, but they would fit well enough to keep the equine warm. “The stallion would be great,” Theodoric replied eagerly, pulling out the measuring cord and the small book he kept notes in. “And maybe Grace as well? That way we will have a nice range of sizes.” He thought he remembered the name of Liliana’s mare correctly, but he wasn’t sure. Ah well, he’d find out soon enough.

<style type="text/css">
.theocastles b {font-weight:bold; color:#7B866E; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.theocastles-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.theocastles p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.theocastles {margin:0 auto; width:456px; background-color:#E1E9EB; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... oscots.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #80ADB3; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#79AAB1; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread