caught in this tangled maze
[html]

<3

Large horses always made him nervous for a reason he could never quite fully explain. Perhaps he had experienced a close call with a large cart horse as a child, or perhaps he was merely more comfortable around the sturdy highland pony breeds that were common in the hills around Edinburgh. Or perhaps he was nervous that an oversize hoof would find a way to tread on delicate luperci toes. Whatever the reason the unease was very real, although Theodoric carefully hid it behind a professional's calm mask. Liliana being there helped too -- he trusted her ability with the horses as much as he distrusted his own.

Theodoric nodded in agreement and stood back so she would have room to bring the stallion out of his stall. "Yes and no," he replied in response to her question. "I hold the numbers in my head while I'm taking the measurements. Once I'm done, I write them down." Truthfully, he wrote the numbers down as a temporary aide, because once he began to work with the dimensions on a daily basis they would be ingrained in his memory bank. On the other hand, it was always good to have raw data if the initial plans didn't pan out.

Subsequently, the Gatlvska provided a demonstration. He carefully but quickly measured the stallion from whither to hoof, mane to tail, and around the girth. Theo muttered the numbers under his breath as he wrapped up the cord and then pulled out a small notepad he used for just such an occasion. He wrote down the measurements with a pencil nub, although what were legible notes to him would likely appear as chicken scratches to another. "'kay, I've got what I need for him," he said finally, gesturing to the stallion. Notepad still in hand, he offered to Liliana for inspection -- once the stallion was safely back in his stall, of course.

<style type="text/css">
.theocastles b {font-weight:bold; color:#7B866E; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.theocastles-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.theocastles p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.theocastles {margin:0 auto; width:456px; background-color:#E1E9EB; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... oscots.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #80ADB3; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#79AAB1; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread