mother's crying blood dust now.
[html]

Word Count → 359 :: Har. Worked in sort of a clue-ish? Big Grin Eris wants informashuns though. :|

That there was life growing in her was inconceivable to the sable-shaded woman. She had wondered sometimes why this had not happened to her sooner. It should have and could have happened many times in Eterne, and yet Eris had no coyote children. These would be wolves, and she knew this well -- her own coyote blood was dim enough to be missed by those without high perception and maybe even experience in such areas. Her children were the children of a wolf, Larkspur, and she knew well enough from looking at herself and her coyote-bred half-siblings by Astaroth (once her whole-siblings, now halved by what the Tuyul had learned from Eterne) what they would look like. They would never be able to live in Inferni, and by birthing them elsewhere, she was insuring that.

The woman had paused at the first question, uncertain as to how to answer it without seeming out of place, when the pallid wolf blissfully added another question -- this one was answered far more easily, with a gesture downwards at her stomach. “Larkspur's family lives here. The D'Angelos,” she explained, hoping Tayui had met Naniko or one of the many other distant relatives of Larkspur that Anathema harbored. “I thought it'd be better to raise them here. Nowhere else felt like home,” she said, segueing from one answer to the other. She was not eager to answer the question, but some good could be gained from answering it, after all.

“Couldn't live where I was anymore,” she said, chartreuse-yellow eyes studying the other female with more sharpness for a moment. “I thought someone other than Salvaged was my daddy, and by telling the coyotes there that, I lied to them, and I couldn't live there anymore after that.” If this wolf had lived in the north, then she maybe she had known that wolf, by face or reputation. The sharpness had disappeared from her face, but there was no less eagerness in Eris to continue the conversation now, physically uncomfortable as she was. What her mother had told her was not enough; the man was dead. Information was all she would ever have.

<style>
.sie-blanktext3 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.sie-blanktext3 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.sie-blanktext3 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.sie-blanktext3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sie-blanktext3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sie-blanktext3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread