mother's crying blood dust now.
[html]

Word Count → 388 :: AND THE SIE SUCKS. Also, LOL: "She was just surprised to hear Salvaged was Eris’ mother. " new meaning to his old bold pink "uberfeminine" title, eh?

Whatever attachment the sable-shaded woman had once held to Eterne or Inferni had been severed or burned to pieces. Neither place would accept her again; she was sure of that -- Gabriel and Kaena both had merely tolerated her presence in the coyote clan, and the place buried deep in the south had only accepted her so long as they thought she had coyote blood in her. There really and truly was nowhere else for Eris -- the other packs were unknowns to her, and the woman probably could not have listed off all of them. Dahlia and Phoenix Valley were familiar enough to her, but anything else, she might not have even recognized. Ignorance and indifference to history and heritage that did not concern her was not particularly arrogant, however -- why should she care about any of these other packs?

The woman's chartreuse-shaded eyes did not waver away from the paler wolf as she again spoke, now an undeniable curiosity and excitement lurking in her shadowy face. Someone else who had known him -- the coincidence seemed too good to be true to the woman, but she did not doubt this woman's story. The pallid wolf had no clear reason to lie to Eris, after all -- they were packmates now, and the coy-wolf had never held much animosity to her own kind. She couldn't anymore, anyhow -- not since she had learned just how much wolf really ran in her blood. Eris should have known it, she should have realized it, but denial was a powerful force at times. The sable-shaded woman had spent most of her life in Eterne, surrounded by coyotes who either whole-heartedly believed or were nice enough to pretend to believe she was a coyote.

“No, you're not being nosy,” the woman said, hoping to alleviate whatever concerns her packmate had regarding the sharing of information. “Sharing information is a good thing, after all,” she added. “My mother is Kaena, but I don't know that you can refer to her as a mother beyond that she birthed me,” the hybrid said confidently, wishing to differentiate herself from the cult of Lykoi that infected Inferni. “She didn't know many of Salvaged's other children, but she said I was the last. I would think she's correct, since she also said she killed him.”

<style>
#eris-spiralhell {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;
background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... spiral.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; padding:0px 0px 181px 0px; }
#eris-spiralhell .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
#eris-spiralhell .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
#eris-spiralhell .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
#eris-spiralhell p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
#eris-spiralhell b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread