mother's crying blood dust now.
[html]

You saw nothing! :U (465)

Tayui tried not to flinch when she realized how closely Eris was examining her. For a pregnant wolf, she moved very quickly, if only in her mind. Tayui could practically see her mind making the connections. She wondered if Eris would recognize Tayui as a packmate, probably the only wolf who might not think of Salvaged with only pure loathing, and ask her about Jaded Shadows. Tayui didn’t know how much Eris knew of her father, or what kind of monster he had been, but there had been a time when Fatin had been in love with him. There must have been something there for such a kind and gentle creature to place her trust in his paws.

She gave Eris a small, almost-smile when she placated her worries. Tayui was glad Eris didn’t find her to be too nosy or overbearing; she worried constantly that she had this effect on others. Tayui wasn’t sure what to make of the comment about sharing information, so she just nodded quietly. She was surprised to hear that Kaena was her mother, but tried not to show it. Kaena had never mentioned Eris, but then, Kaena had not mentioned any of her children by name. They had always spoken knowing they were there, but never had she really picked any of them out except for Gabriel. Tayui could not mask her surprise when Eris very clearly enunciated her differentiation from her mother. Why was she so willing to follow her father when her mother was the better of the two? This confused Tayui, but she didn’t want to say anything to make Eris think she supported her mother more than she did her. She didn’t want Eris to know her opinion just yet.

Tayui was not nearly as surprised to hear that Kaena had murdered Salvaged. It was probably justified given his reign of terror. Like Haku, he had deserved much more than death.

“I knew some of your siblings. Half-siblings, I suppose. Shaeniire Vanim had four by him. Ophelia, Thanos, and two others that I never knew too well. They all lived in Jaded Shadows. He also had some children with a female named Fatin Kali. I didn’t know those children too well, but I do remember the children he… well, I knew Nirupama Tsunami, a half-brother of yours. He lived in Storm and looked after a girl I once knew.” She glanced away, trying not to think about it. She hadn’t thought about Ember Agaric in years and didn’t need to start re-living that nightmare now. “You’ve a pretty extensive family from your father, though, most of them don’t think of him as their father.” She could identify with this very well. She never wanted her children to identify themselves as the offspring of Haku Soul.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread