mother's crying blood dust now.
[html]

ERIS R CONFUSE TAYUI? D:

The sable hybrid was either unaware of or indifferent to the pallid wolf's discomfort; her chartreuse eyes had dulled and lost their curious gleam, and now her thoughts were distant -- focused on those names, that legacy. Whatever it had meant, her mother had certainly believed, and to Eris, it did not seem as if she had ever been properly accepted because of it -- the differences in treatment, she could hardly remember their specifics, but such feeling was there. And so Eris had presumed that such prejudice had filtered throughout all of the Lykoi family, every single one of them -- why would they ever feel differently from Kaena, after all?

“I don't want to be anything or anyone else,” she said, defending herself without very much fervor at all. It was more an explanation or excuse than a defense of herself. “I would just like... truth, knowledge. Something like that. Anything to pass along to these children other than that they're dirty coyotes,” the hybrid said, now scowling. “I was not told the truth about him, myself. Lied to twice over, maybe more times,” she added, shaking her head slowly. “Even if it's not a good story, they deserve the truth.” She would tell them who their grandmother was, who their grandfather was -- they would know of all their vast, dead family, both halves of it. One had gone extinct, and the other would reject them -- not only for their tenuous link to the family in the first place but for their very blood, for the fact that Larkspur was not a coyote in the least.

<style>
#eris-spiralhell {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;
background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... spiral.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; padding:0px 0px 181px 0px; }
#eris-spiralhell .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
#eris-spiralhell .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
#eris-spiralhell .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
#eris-spiralhell p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
#eris-spiralhell b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread