mother's crying blood dust now.
[html]

Word Count → 329 :: FASTEST REPLY EVAR

True independence was not something Eris was familiar with. She had never provided for herself completely, and dependence on other canines had been a way of life for the sable-shaded woman, especially in Eterne. The thought that she might be able to carve her own legacy was at once intruiging and intimidating -- with nothing to stand on, how could she possibly hope to ever have anything of her own spotlight? She would never be able to separate herself from her coyote heritage, nor would she be able to abandon her father's heritage so easily. The others might have, but their mothers had loved them and given them a softer, kinder truth rather than an outright lie -- of this Eris was certain.

The hybrid's attention turned back to Tayui, and she listened to the hybrid speak, a spike of annoyance running through her -- the idea that she could claim no one was obvious, but it was not something she wanted. To Eris, this was as much a lie as anything else -- to say she was molded of nothing, that she had come from nothing -- this was not true and it never would be. As much as she wanted to abandon her Lykoi heritage, she could not -- it would always be a part of her, as would this Eternity heritage, the blood of a dead man running through her veins. She rolled her shoulder slowly, a frown appearing on her muzzle. “I have nothing else to call myself.” There was hesitation in her voice; the hybrid did not know that she had to refer to herself as anything. She could be simply Eris.

“I like the reminder, anyway,” she added quietly. “It's not just for me, either. You knew the name,” the hybrid pointed out. Others would know the name and they would guess why she carried it -- the more who recognized her name, the more knowledge she would have about her dead father.

<style>
.sie-blanktext3 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.sie-blanktext3 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.sie-blanktext3 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.sie-blanktext3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sie-blanktext3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sie-blanktext3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread