mother's crying blood dust now.
[html]

Word Count → 346 :: Yeah, s'fine. 8D Eris is all like derderder and I couldn't think of a lot for her to say in this poast. ;_; Maybe cap with your reply?

The sable-shaded woman was quiet as the other canine spoke, listening to her with more reservation than she had previously. There were good ideas here, and ones Eris might not have dismissed so easily, had she any interest at all. She could not have pronounced or spelled the first suggestion, and she did not want the name of another child of his -- she wanted his name. The possibility that it was not even his truthful name did give the darkened hybrid pause, her yellow-green eyes searching the other woman's face.

If she reminded his victims of what he had done by her appearance, however much like him she looked, or her surname, then it was a powerful thing. By no virtue of her own, she would intimidate and cause fear. These were thoughts she did not share with the pallid wolf; instead, she attempted to appear sympathetic, her ears flickering half-mast as if to consider the others' suffering at thought of their old ghost. As it was, though, the hybrid did not encounter many who seemed to recognize the name -- she had been using it to introduce herself for some time, and the only ones who seemed to know it were canines of the older generation. Most were blissfully unaware of whatever relevance the name held.

“I suppose. Or maybe a fake name is more appropriate. It would be a creation all of his own, with none of his family to taint it,” she said, trying to force light merriness into her voice that simply did not well up. “If it bothers you, I'm sorry you feel that way,” the hybrid added, lifting her shoulders in another shrug, the falseness of her apology apparent from word choice. “I was assumed to be part of his heritage when I was born, and rejected as a part of that, something that continued even after I came to Inferni from living like a coyote to the south. I'm just living up to that assumption,” she said, attempting to shift the blame of her attachment away from herself.

hold us at the center while the spiral unwinds
<style>
.sie-blanktext4 {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/lu2Pu.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%; }
.sie-blanktext4 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.sie-blanktext4 .tagline {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; padding:10px 0px 0px 0px; }
.sie-blanktext4 .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.sie-blanktext4 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.sie-blanktext4 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sie-blanktext4 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread