Faces painted in the sand
[html]

D@mn birds. lol. wc 366

The male stood in the shadows, watching the female with whatever task she was doing. When she turned, the birds decided that they had had enough of him intruding on their breakfast time, and started bombarding his head, pestering him til he moved out of the shadows, away from their tree. He grinned at Tala in greeting, ducking another bird going straight for his head. "That chain would suit you very well, Tala." Her voice sent shivers running through him, and when her eyes met his, Davyn found himself stepping further forward, drawn into her gaze like a moth to a flame.

"May I help you, fair maiden?" He grinned, his brogue coming out in full, and the language of old graced his tongue. Davyn looked down, finally free of the rioting birds, spotting a familiar pendant, a symbol that brought him to his knees, caught in a memory. The silver triquetra stood out in his mind, with the voice of his father telling him to hide his mother and sisters from the raiders. They had come, brandishing their axes and flames, but only killed his family; out of all the families of the pack, his was the only one to die. The pendant that he held in his hand was not the same that his father had worn, but with enough similarities, even with the grime that coated its surface.

Tears fell from silver orbs, gripping the pendant tightly within his paw. Davyn breathed heavily, his head drooping to hide his tears from Tala. He didn't want her to fret about him, even when he was brought to his knees by a mere memory.

"I beg pardon, Tala... What brings you out so early to this little corner of the woods?" He gasped, trying to realign his scattered thoughts. One look into her amber eyes, and he was back. The memory still hung at the edges of his mind, but at the forefront of his mind was how to impress the female in front of him, how to make her blush with the realization of his flattery. He wanted to make her laugh full out, her husky voice a sultry song to the artist's soul.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread