Faces painted in the sand
[html]

Indeed they are Smile wc 450

His infatuation caught him by surprise, but Davyn let it go without a second thought. Wolves in his family tended to find their mates within a few meetings of an individual, and he had no doubts that this was no different. He had never shown such an interest in any female before now, so it only seemed logical. Not that logic made much sense in the world of love. In fact, Davyn was of the opinion that logic did not exist when it came to love.

He could tell from the look in her eyes that she might, just possibly, feel the same, and turned to the now clean necklace in her hand. Davyn held out his paw, quietly asking--"May I?" He wanted to make her blush, and a thought had just come to mind that might actually work. She was close, much closer than he had expected, but Davyn, a wolf so used to being alone, relished the warmth and companionship she provided.

The male was beginning to learn; with Tala, there was no negativity, no regret. He wished to know how she lived like that; the lifestyle she followed seemed so enlightening... Davyn raised his head at her returned question. "I could not deny you an answer even if I thought to, Tala. I come from Ireland, as you might be able to tell from the accent. I grew up in a fairly close-knit pack, and thought that I would one day find a mate within the pack, settle down, and live out my days there. However, raiders decided my pack was a prime target, and after burning the cabins we all lived in, left, leaving the pack alive...except for my own family."

Davyn continued, his voice quiet. "The alpha assumed that since I was the only one left alive from the attack on my family, that I must have orchestrated the attack, and so he and the other pack members held me down, tattooed the wing as the mark of a traitor, and cast me out of the pack. I crossed the sea in a delirium, caused by the fever of the healing tattoo, and came to the borders of Phoenix Valley..." His voice trailed off, and he marveled. His chest felt so much lighter after telling the femme of what memories he recalled...She truly had the touch of an angel, if she could bring him out of a daze and then bring him to talk of such things.

Davyn dimly noticed that Tala had come closer and closer, like she didn't consciously notice their close proximity. They were almost shoulder to shoulder, hip to hip, and her close proximity brought warmth flooding through his body.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread