Faces painted in the sand
[html]

XD wc 461

He heard the quiet breath that caught in her throat, could practically feel the heat that radiated off her face, and Davyn smiled softly. Mission A complete. When she hid her blush, Davyn reached out, his paw underneath her chin, raising her face. "You don't need to hide anything from me, Tala." He certainly wasn’t going to hide anything from her; if she wanted to know something about him, Davyn would willingly volunteer the information she desired.

"You are most welcome. It looks wonderful on you; you give the pendant more of a personality...As for the people saying unkind things, I've gotten so used to it that your kind words have me reeling just a bit." He grinned, slightly surprised at the fact that he had admitted that. He wasn't one to tell every thought that ran through his mind, but with Tala, Davyn couldn't hold himself back. He wanted this female to know everything he could possibly tell her, and he didn't entirely understand that sensation.

In his pack, the wolves hadn't really paid attention to the human ways, since the humans had been long gone by the time the younger pups had been born. But Davyn had been different. He'd been a curious pup, as most pups were, but somehow more so. He had explored the areas surrounding the pack lands, and read so many books about the human culture. The human customs had fascinated him. He had learned about the games that the humans had played, their religions, what they ate...just about everything he had got his paws on he had read with gusto.

"Ireland? I'm sure that Phoenix Valley will look a lot like Ireland in the summer. It's all different shades of greens; even the water near the coast, underneath the cliffs, has a sort of green shade. Even on the rainy days, it was always green." Davyn's eyes unfocused, picturing his homeland. "The music from celebrations echoes across the hills, bouncing off of the rock walls that stood as fences for the humans...I think you would have liked it there. The waves of the ocean brought all sorts of scents inland, not to mention the weather." The mirrored lakes sprawled in front of the two reminded him much of his lush homeland; that was part of the reason he had picked this beautiful place for his den. The other reason was that Davyn wanted to create new memories in place of the ones he could not well remember.

Tala’s company drew his spirit out. The voices in his mind had shut up long ago, curious at his interest in this woman. He could barely understand his inquisitive curiosity himself, but he willingly gave into the pull to know this mysteriously beautiful woman so much more.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread